All reviewspersonal conciergepeacock alleysalvatore ferragamoforbidden cityelectronic toiletjapanese toilethigh techrose petalsdiamond memberluxury hotelchinese restaurantbreakfast servicef bwonderful hotelupgraded to a suitecorner roomwangfujing area
Reviewed 10 December 2017

The Waldorf Beijing hotel and staff were absolutely marvelous. Here are a few highlights from our stay this past November:

- Staff were incredible. The customer service from check-in, to our Personal Concierge, Kobe (thank you!), the doorman, Charles, the staff in the bar/restaurant, and the pool facilities - we were made to feel welcome by all. When you get excellent customer service it makes your experience so much for enjoyable and the staff at the Waldorf were exceptional. After staying in the Waldorf Shanghai, we can easily say the staff at the Waldorf Beijing were top notch!

- Location. Centrally located hotel with walking distance to shopping, sites, and metro. How awesome is that?

- Accommodations. The hotel is a stunner from the outside, and then you walk-in and you're blow away by the awesome design and decor that follows. The details in this hotel are unreal. From the Toto Japanese toilets, to the wonderful bed and bedding, to the amazing bathroom with heated marble floors, deep tub, rain shower, the Nespresso machine, super comfy robe and slippers...I can go on. The room is incredibly appointed and the decor is lovely. The sage walls, dark herringbone floors, black lacquer cabinets with pop of orange on the inside - the room was flawless and housekeeping kept it that way!

- Food. We had the brunch twice and it was excellent with a variety of western and Chinese options. Service was impeccable and the food was delicious. We highlight recommend getting a room with breakfast included! It's worth it.

- Facilities. Pool and hot tub were great and the locker rooms with the steam room and sauna were perfect after a chilly day about sightseeing.

After two weeks of traveling throughout China we couldn't help but compare each hotel thereafter to the Waldorf Beijing. We cannot wait until our next trip where we will be surely staying here and recommending to our friends and colleagues. The Waldorf Beijing is top notch and the experience, accommodations, and customer service sets the bar extremely hight. There is no doubt you will be more than thrilled with your stay here! Enjoy!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Justin C
WAB-General_Manager, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear Justin C,

My team and I are thrilled to hear about the high level of quality during your recent stay!

We are proud of our team members whom continuously offer True Waldorf Service and unforgettable experiences to our guests such as yourself. Furthermore, our location as you mentioned is centrally located within walking distance to Wangfujing Pedestrian Street, Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square.

We hope that you will continue to recommend the Waldorf Astoria Beijing to your friends and colleagues so that they will be able to experience the same treatment.

We look forward in welcoming you and your companion back to Beijing soon.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

The hotel was overall pretty fantastic. The staff were all clearly dedicated to providing a great experience. The room was spacious and clean. Nice city view from the eighth floor so I can only imagine it gets better the higher you go. Indoor pool was very nice but the water was a little cold if you're not swimming laps. Large jacuzzi attached to pool was welcome after days out in the cold.
The only reason I don't rate this hotel a 5 is because the staff speak very limited English and it caused some problems. I speak Chinese but my girlfriend doesn't so anytime she was on her own she had a very hard time communicating with staff for even the simplest things. There were a few people at the front desk and the consierge that spoke some english but we were surprised that there were no fluent speakers and the majority of the staff spoke no English at all. The hotel clearly caters to a majority Chinese clientele - it is Beijing after all - but we expected a little more western influence.
In short - the property and location are great but I would be hesitant to recommend this property to anyone that doesn't speak mandarin.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear matt559,

My team and I are thrilled to receive your review on your recent stay at our hotel.

One of the unique and authentic moments at the Waldorf Astoria Beijing are our team members providing True Waldorf Service which makes an unforgettable experience. We have noted your comments regarding some of our team members lacking the English-speaking capability. We will further enhance in this area and will ensure that further language training along with fine tuning our recruitment criteria process.

We hope that you will have the opportunity to return to Beijing and choose to stay at the Waldorf Astoria Beijing again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

It was very pleasant stay with staffs welcoming us at 2am and one even accompanied till to the room since we were Hilton gold card membership but even otherwise in restaurant or at the gate every one were very professionally helped .
A very memorable stay and toiletries were from Ferragoma Elsalvatore
The hotel is very close to important land mark of the city.

Room Tip: An excellent hotel to stay with great comfort and good amenities ,very neat and tidy. Any side or high floor does not make any difference .
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sartaj A

Dear Sartaj A,

Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to hear your comments regarding your unforgettable experience rendered by our team members and Ferragamo toiletries.

We look forward in hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

I stayed here before I came back to San Francisco for my two-week business trip, I really love this hotel, honestly, I have stayed quite a few different hotels however, the staff here were very nice and made me feel that I'm warmly welcomed, I used to stay here a couple of years ago when it opened, though the room condition was not as new and as it opened, the service was always good, would stay here again next time I'm in Beijing.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
1  Thank mengzhens

Dear mengzhens,

Thank you so much for your positive review on your recent stay!

Our team and I are thrilled to hear your encouraging words regarding our team members who made a difference in making you felt warmly welcomed. This feedback will definitely make us work harder to stay as one of the best luxury hotels in Beijing!

We look forward in welcoming you back to Beijing soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 3 December 2017

I was traveling for work so I had very little free time to explore the city. The location was great as it had me near so much to see even with so little time to explore. The staff was amazing and helped me to book a tour last minute when my schedule opened up one day. Literally I talked to the concierge at 7:00am and he had a guide and driver for me by 8:00. So my free day didn’t end up a wasted day.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
1  Thank Jennifer A

Dear Jennifer A,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a positive review for us.

We are so happy to hear your unforgettable experience especially rendered from our team members and Concierge.

We look forward in welcoming you back at the Waldorf Astoria Beijing soon.

Regards,