InterContinental Beijing Financial Street
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sicheng Hotel(Beijing)
  • Pool
All reviewsthe club loungeambassador memberexcellent business hotelmain restaurantfitness centerupgraded to a suitebusiness centertourist sitessubway stationdim sumroom was largenon smokingihgconciergetaxienglishchina
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I am a Platinum Ambassador - formerly a Royal Ambassador and this is the worst Intercontinental Hotel's that I have ever stayed at. They paid zero respect to me and in fact treated me very poorly.

I was traveling with a guy that was Royal Ambassador who they did pay some attention to, but me as a lowly Platinum Ambassador was pretty much crap. The room was fine, but the service at hotel for anyone with status is without any respect.

As a result of my trip this time to Beijing I will be coming back several times per year and I will be selecting a different hotel as this place really doesn't care if you are an Ambassador or a guy who walked in off the street. Too bad, a lot of us like the loyalty program, but this place is awful for respecting loyalty.

Room Tip: If you are an Ambassador or especially a Platinum Ambassador - choose a different hotel, this place will treat you like crap and without any respect. Good luck elsewhere.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Jennyisterrific, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street. We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience our service may have caused you. Your comments has been documented andwill certainly be looked into. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

As we would like to respond to you personally regarding the problem, could you please send us your email address and telephone details to charles.huang@ihg.com? We look forward to hearing from you and to welcoming youback to our hotel in the near future.

Thank you!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The hotel is definitely a winner if you need to be in the area and have a car. Location wise, it's right on the financial street with a lot of offices in the area. However, there's not much to see within walking distance. The fact that it was 41 degrees celsius outside when I was there didn't help at all. There's a minimart across the street (it seems like a 100 meters walk though, a very wide road indeed!).

Service was flawless, english was spoken with no major problems. My ambassador membership was recognized, rooms upgraded even before I check in. Early check in was given with no hassle. Club lounge is quite nice, especially given the fact that it's hard to walk anywhere outside the hotel. There are a mall and places to eat a couple of blocks away, but Beijing has very large blocks, and the heat during summer was scorching (can't blame the hotel for that though :D)

Rooms were large, bathroom was nice and clean. I believe the rooms were probably recently renovated (stayed in a club room)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Jennyisterrific, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear setyono,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street during your trip to Beijing in this hot summer.

We are so pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We strive to deliver exceptional service and are pleased to read that we have met this expectation.

Once again thank you very much for sharing your experiences and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Having stayed in the best Intercon ever (Intercontinental, Ho Chi Minh) only 10 days previously, I was bought back down to earth with a tremendous bump when I arrived here.
Being somewhat elderly, after 2 days travelling I realised I'd booked the hotel for one day later then planned, but on arrival, after a brief explanation of my stupidity, all was accepted.
I'd booked the most expensive room below the suite, with the express reason of being upgraded automatically to a suite, being an Ambassador in the IHG Group. I'd booked a deluxe room with King size bed, non smoking. It appeared I had been upgraded to a deluxe room, with King size bed that stank of stale cigarettes. One of the perks of the Ambassador status is also a fresh basket of fruit on arrival in your room. Again I accepted I'd arrived a day early, so thought on the second day of our stay that it would have been in the room. Nothing.
In every other IC I've stayed in, there have been reasonably good standards of staff attentiveness. Here, its not quite the same.
After having checked in to our ash tray, we went downstairs to ask a few questions. The staff behind the desk were quite busy, the other three who were in the lobby were far too busy on the mobile phones to talk to us. The two concierges in their smart white jackets are notable exceptions. As soon as they came back inside, they saw us and headed straight to us, to see what assistance we needed.
I'd forgotten to bring shaving foam, so asked room service if I could have some. I'd already searched through the room, just in case there was any. I was told by room service it was in the room. Another look, nope, definitely not. Called room service again. "Ah well, we'll bring some tomorrow."
Breakfast is ok, then after breakfast on the first morning we headed out for the day. We returned to find our washing had been done, the bed had been made, but it appears that whilst staying in a hotel at over €200 a night, we have to wash our own coffee cups. I do that at home, one reason I use decent quality hotels when on holiday is so that I dont have to do mundane tasks.
Prices in the restaurant are a disgrace, over €8 for a single oyster can never be justified, and over €120 for our laundry is something I'm hoping has been lost in translation. I feel sure that when I check out in a couple of days time the price will have been reduced to something approaching acceptability.
I use the IHG chain of hotels a lot, and will continue to do so, but will NEVER return here, and the Intercontinental management should have a serious talk to the manager here. A very poor example of what is normally a good hotel chain.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jennyisterrific, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Bobleponge216,

Thank you for taking time to express your thoughts and concerns.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the service shortfalls experienced during your last stay with your son, we certainly take all of your comments very seriously and please rest assured that we are looking into the details, ensuring that we address and improve the necessary services to provide all our guests with an excellent experience while staying with us.

In a word, we would like invite you to contact us personally should you wish to further discuss any aspects of your stay further or indeed if I can be of any assistance in making a future booking. I am available by e-mail at jenny_ding@intercontifsbj.com.

We hope you’d give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is, and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again.

Thank you!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I've spent 3 nights at the Intercontinental Beijing and I can say the overall experience has been positive. Large room with a comfortable big enough and fully equipped barhroom. Very comfortable king size bed. The room was clean as well as the bathroom. Breakfast was wuperb combining both western and Chinese cuisine, and also one of the restaurant I had dinner was good enough and the service was accurate. TV channel selections could have been better, and Wi-Fi connection was a bit slow and, time by time connection was lost, but minor issues indeed. All staff (with the exception of room service staff) was able to speak a more than decent English. The Hotel is still in good conditions, but probably it will require some refurbishment in a few years.
Very close to the Financial district and the Metro station (line 2) at walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Jennyisterrific, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Alessandro I,

Thank you for leaving a review on Tripadvisor and we are more than delighted to hear that you enjoyed staying with us.

As you said, our hotel is situated at the gateway of Beijing's prestigious financial and business district, we enjoy a convenient transportation and superior geographical location. Should you stop by next visit, please do not hesitate to try our Crab feast at Monsoon Restaurant every Sunday, indulge yourself with wholesome international specialties.

Our IT team has taken on board your experiences in regards to the wifi connection service, we are sorry this experience did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback and looking forward to welcoming you back and let us serve you better.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The hotel was selected due to proximity to the place where the business meeting had to take place. Check in took some time. I needed WiFi access and reception had this as an opportunity to sell me upgraded Club room (extra cost of 500 RMB a day). When I rejected they issued me a loyalty card that somehow gave me an opportunity to use WiFi for free.
Room was big however dashed. Staff told me that the hotel was built 9 years ago. All restaurants are located on the 5th floor and gym with the swimming pool on the 6th. Restaurants are pretty expensive and overpriced to the city level. Can’t say that I was impressed by the quality of food. Have fun to explain in English what you want. Very few staff members in the hotel can speak English. When I had an issue with my laundry it took me 10 minutes over the phone to explain it. Swimming pool is good and usually was not crowded. Gym has a lot of spare place and somewhat lacking an equipment (e.g. only one eclipse but plenty treadmills).
At checkout I have asked to bring my luggage down while I was having breakfast. Nobody bothered to do it so I had to remind it again at the reception.
Nothing to do in surrounding area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Jennyisterrific, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear MagusRU,

We want to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

Refer to the wifi service, normally, it’s chargeable, but our staff provided you with two options for you to choose, which is to freely join in our IHG Rewards Club, enjoy free wifi all over the IHG hotels worldwide or pay an extra RMB500 to have an upgrade to our Club Room, enjoy not only free wifi, but also quite a lot of Club Benefits, like complimentary breakfast, happy hour cocktail, enjoy coffee, tea, soft drinks and fresh fruits, snacks throughout the day, 1 hour free use our club meeting room per stay, etc. We appreciate your feedback such as the global language skills of some of our staff, our staff are encouraged to participate in the English training by English Expert which is held periodically and we will continue to improve staffs' English speaking level.

Last but not least, we will continue to strive in delivering quality services, allowing our guests' to indulge in the best they deserve and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.