InterContinental Beijing Financial Street
New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
US$253
  • Restaurant
US$171
US$113
  • Pool
All reviewsthe club loungeambassador memberexcellent business hotelmain restaurantfitness centerupgraded to a suitebusiness centertourist sitessubway stationdim sumroom was largenon smokingihgconciergetaxienglishchina
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We accompanied my husband on his business trip and were fortunate enough to stay at this hotel. Close to the MRT to bring you to the eg Forbidden City and Temple of Heaven. Club rooms are huge but the most exceptional were the very helpful and skillfull concierges who helped finalize organization of our budget (!) hotel near Luoyang. Absolutely incredible - really very friendly. There are no restaurants around the corner and the inhouse steak place was unfortunately tremendously expensive. But with respect to everything else we were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: August 2014
Jennyisterrific, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2014

Dear Gasfy,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your staying feedback with us.

It was our pleasure to be able to provide you with such a good experience in Beijing here at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street. We join the whole team thanking you for acknowledging our efforts in creating memorable and enjoyable hotel experiences for our guests. My colleagues will also be pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of our efforts and we will keep working hard to continuously improve our services.

Once again, thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and we do look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Best regards

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I went on a business trip to Beijing at the end of June and spent two nights at this hotel. It was a nice hotel, well equipped and well maintained. I also used the swimming pool, which was small but adequate for a business hotel.

One afternoon, I needed a taxi to go to a meeting. As soon as I walked out of the hotel entrance I realised there was no taxi in sight under the blazing sun. As I wondered what to do, the front desk manager promptly realised my problem and invited me to sit down inside the lobby as he sent a bellboy to look for a taxi for me. In about five minutes a taxi came for me. That was a wonderful service, though unfortunately I didn’t get the manager’s name.

However, when I checked out of the hotel the following afternoon, my luck went out. There was no one at the hotel entrance except a security guard, and he was not interested in solving my problem. I waited for five minutes without seeing a taxi, and decided to carry my bags under the red hot sun to try my luck on the next block. Eventually I had to walk all the way to the Westin almost 300 metres away before I could catch a cab.

I had stayed at this hotel a few years ago and I never thought of coming back because of its location on the dreadful West Second Ring Road, which was forever heavily congested. For this particularly trip, it wasn’t really my first choice but it fitted the client’s budget nicely. My feeling is that the traffic condition of the West Second Ring Road remained very bad. However, there’s now a subway station (Fuchengmen) two blocks (about 400 metres) away. For some of my outings, the subway turned out to be a more reliable mode of transport than taxies. However, for my morning meeting near Xitucheng station (directly north of West Second Ring Road, and about 5-6km away), it took me exactly an hour and way too much walking for switching lines twice. I guess you really have to know the Beijing subway stations quite well before you can decide whether you should take the subway or a cab. I guess I won’t come back to this hotel until I’m sure the West Second Ring Road will not be congested again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Jennyisterrific, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear allanng2004,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street during your trip to Beijing in this very hot summer.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your occasion and it was our great pleasure to have you as our guests!

Firstly, we appreciate your constructive feedback and would like to extend our apologies for your discomfort with the staff, please be assured that your experience has been briefed to related department for their improvement needed. Our team will firmly dedicate to correcting our shortcomings and to seek for improvements.

As you may know that Beijing government is striving to solve traffic problems, during the peak hour, traffic is heavy between 7am to 9am and 4pm to 8pm. We do recommend that If you require taxi service during these period, please let our concierge know in advance and we will help you to call-in on booking as to avoid waiting. Meanwhile, subway is also a smart choice, as you mentioned, from hotel to Xitucheng station, it's only 5 stops away and takes you less than 30 mins to arrive. Maybe next time, you should consult our Concierge first and get a free subway map before going out. :-)

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental Beijing Financial Street!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I am a Platinum Ambassador - formerly a Royal Ambassador and this is the worst Intercontinental Hotel's that I have ever stayed at. They paid zero respect to me and in fact treated me very poorly.

I was traveling with a guy that was Royal Ambassador who they did pay some attention to, but me as a lowly Platinum Ambassador was pretty much crap. The room was fine, but the service at hotel for anyone with status is without any respect.

As a result of my trip this time to Beijing I will be coming back several times per year and I will be selecting a different hotel as this place really doesn't care if you are an Ambassador or a guy who walked in off the street. Too bad, a lot of us like the loyalty program, but this place is awful for respecting loyalty.

Room Tip: If you are an Ambassador or especially a Platinum Ambassador - choose a different hotel, this place will treat you like crap and without any respect. Good luck elsewhere.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Jennyisterrific, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street. We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience our service may have caused you. Your comments has been documented andwill certainly be looked into. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

As we would like to respond to you personally regarding the problem, could you please send us your email address and telephone details to charles.huang@ihg.com? We look forward to hearing from you and to welcoming youback to our hotel in the near future.

Thank you!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The hotel is definitely a winner if you need to be in the area and have a car. Location wise, it's right on the financial street with a lot of offices in the area. However, there's not much to see within walking distance. The fact that it was 41 degrees celsius outside when I was there didn't help at all. There's a minimart across the street (it seems like a 100 meters walk though, a very wide road indeed!).

Service was flawless, english was spoken with no major problems. My ambassador membership was recognized, rooms upgraded even before I check in. Early check in was given with no hassle. Club lounge is quite nice, especially given the fact that it's hard to walk anywhere outside the hotel. There are a mall and places to eat a couple of blocks away, but Beijing has very large blocks, and the heat during summer was scorching (can't blame the hotel for that though :D)

Rooms were large, bathroom was nice and clean. I believe the rooms were probably recently renovated (stayed in a club room)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Jennyisterrific, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear setyono,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street during your trip to Beijing in this hot summer.

We are so pleased to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We strive to deliver exceptional service and are pleased to read that we have met this expectation.

Once again thank you very much for sharing your experiences and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Having stayed in the best Intercon ever (Intercontinental, Ho Chi Minh) only 10 days previously, I was bought back down to earth with a tremendous bump when I arrived here.
Being somewhat elderly, after 2 days travelling I realised I'd booked the hotel for one day later then planned, but on arrival, after a brief explanation of my stupidity, all was accepted.
I'd booked the most expensive room below the suite, with the express reason of being upgraded automatically to a suite, being an Ambassador in the IHG Group. I'd booked a deluxe room with King size bed, non smoking. It appeared I had been upgraded to a deluxe room, with King size bed that stank of stale cigarettes. One of the perks of the Ambassador status is also a fresh basket of fruit on arrival in your room. Again I accepted I'd arrived a day early, so thought on the second day of our stay that it would have been in the room. Nothing.
In every other IC I've stayed in, there have been reasonably good standards of staff attentiveness. Here, its not quite the same.
After having checked in to our ash tray, we went downstairs to ask a few questions. The staff behind the desk were quite busy, the other three who were in the lobby were far too busy on the mobile phones to talk to us. The two concierges in their smart white jackets are notable exceptions. As soon as they came back inside, they saw us and headed straight to us, to see what assistance we needed.
I'd forgotten to bring shaving foam, so asked room service if I could have some. I'd already searched through the room, just in case there was any. I was told by room service it was in the room. Another look, nope, definitely not. Called room service again. "Ah well, we'll bring some tomorrow."
Breakfast is ok, then after breakfast on the first morning we headed out for the day. We returned to find our washing had been done, the bed had been made, but it appears that whilst staying in a hotel at over €200 a night, we have to wash our own coffee cups. I do that at home, one reason I use decent quality hotels when on holiday is so that I dont have to do mundane tasks.
Prices in the restaurant are a disgrace, over €8 for a single oyster can never be justified, and over €120 for our laundry is something I'm hoping has been lost in translation. I feel sure that when I check out in a couple of days time the price will have been reduced to something approaching acceptability.
I use the IHG chain of hotels a lot, and will continue to do so, but will NEVER return here, and the Intercontinental management should have a serious talk to the manager here. A very poor example of what is normally a good hotel chain.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Jennyisterrific, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Beijing Financial Street, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Bobleponge216,

Thank you for taking time to express your thoughts and concerns.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the service shortfalls experienced during your last stay with your son, we certainly take all of your comments very seriously and please rest assured that we are looking into the details, ensuring that we address and improve the necessary services to provide all our guests with an excellent experience while staying with us.

In a word, we would like invite you to contact us personally should you wish to further discuss any aspects of your stay further or indeed if I can be of any assistance in making a future booking. I am available by e-mail at jenny_ding@intercontifsbj.com.

We hope you’d give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is, and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again.

Thank you!