“Non-english hotel”

Ranked #3,272 of 6,463 Hotels in Beijing
Chesterfield, Michigan
“Non-english hotel”
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I have been to China many times for business. A lot of the time I do not get to choose my hotel. The company I do business will decide. This was close to the company's office, but that was the best I could say for it. The rooms are large with a seperate living room and bedroom. The rooms are aged and carpet a little dirty. I had stayed in a hotel in Inner Mongolia and this hotel reminded me of that from 10 years ago. On the counter in the bathroom are condoms and items to purchase. It just gives you an odd feeling. I was expecting that call at night asking about a massage.
The staff could speak very little english. If it wasn't for our interpeter, I'm not sure we would have gotten checked in.
The breakfast is ok. I've had worse in Qufu, but thats not saying much. Supposedly the breakfast has gotten better.

Room Tip: The breakfast is on floor 2. No where does it say that. Get the highest floor possible to help with...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
singapore
Reviewed 26 July 2011

An ordinary hotel with the most bizarre room service I have ever experienced. All the chambermaids do is to return your pillows to the original positions. The litter (bin was full) are not always taken out and most of the stuff remain as they were. I stayed for a week and the only other ting of significant they do is to provide new towels.

The bed in this hotel (I stayed in a junior suite) is very hard, the shower gel provided uncomfortable and the internet did not work for my window based laptop. The mini-fridge is also of lower power, the drinks I put there are hardly cold.

The breakfast is one of the worst I have eaten. No variety over the whole week I was there.

This is not the worst hotel but certainly not one that will entice you to go back.

One more thing, the only English channel available on TV is AXN!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank bungee_cairns
Australia
Reviewed 1 June 2011

I stayed here expecting a normal international hotel experience but did not get one. While the rooms were OK (I stayed in a suite, however, so cannot speak for standard rooms), so few staff speak English that every simple request turned into a nightmare. The only easy activity was getting connected to the internet in the room; this was done efficiently and the internet connection was free. During the time I was there I came across one duty manager who was efficient, capable and spoke good English, but other staff had so little English that even, for example, ordering room service became an insuperable task, despite the fact that the menu was in English so that one would expect to be able to order from it. The reception area was overstaffed, and it is a shame they did not spend their 'down'time studying English so they could cater for the international visitors their web site claims to attract. While I do not expect everyone in the world to speak English, in a four star international hotel that by Chinese standards is expensive, one does expect this. Also, the restaurants opened for very limited hours and there are no other restaurants nearby. Definitely not a place to stay unless you are Chinese.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Ert53
Singapore
Reviewed 14 December 2009

This is one of the worst hotel that I ever stayed.

Upon checking out of the hotel, the front desk staff insisted we consumed their mini bar items. We confirmed that we have not taken any of the item and wanted them to investigate and perhaps the guests before us have consumed the items but were not recorded. After much argument, the hotel staffs decided not to pursue.

However, when we return back our country, there is charges in our credit card from this hotel.

The amount is not much but it's the way the hotel handle the case tarnishes their image. This gives me a bad experience on my first trip to China.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank Leisure_Traveler93
Melbourne Beach, Florida
Reviewed 5 December 2007

Inexpensive. Clean by Chinese standards. Rather long distance from anything, but since taxis are extremely inexpensive and available, it doesn't matter much. Adequate high speed internet. Adequate TV. Dining room OK. Caters mainly to Chinese. Consequently staff's English
is sufficient only for standard request. Claims to have a fitness and pool, but we didn't check it out.

• Liked — Price, cleanliness
  • Disliked — distant location
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)