“Well located hotel staff does not speak english”
Review of Kuntai Royal Hotel

Kuntai Royal Hotel
Ranked #98 of 6,606 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I stayed 2 nights in the hotel. the hotel is very nice, clean, conveniently located near a subway station, was close to most location that I went (short taxi ride).
The rooms are big, clean and relatively well equipped.
The Gym is well equipped and is open all day
Breakfast offers a good variety of western and asian food
I had great difficulty to communicate with the staff, they speak poor english.
The concierge service is poor, I asked for a recommedation for a restaurant near the hotel and they sent me to one that no longer exists.
Overall the hotel is very good, However if you expect some assistance from the staff as to getting around do not ask in the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Simon317

Reviewed 10 August 2012

This place was of epic proportions. A grand scale everywhere, marble everywhere, just amazing.
Beijing wasn't the friendliest of places, understandably, and the taxi driver was very suspicious of me when I pointed at a faceless gray building and asked if it was a government office...
...but anyway, the rooms were huge and the service (by Chinese standards) was pretty good.

Room Tip: Again, I only used one room and it was great. Not much more I can say.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Jon_Interpret_Potter
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Nice and quiet rooms, at least on the 8th floor. No free Wifi except for those with Chinese telecom operators. Check in was time consuming - at least for my host - but I never got to know the reason. Expect 1 hr from the airport - at least. Breakfast was ok.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2012

The hotel is marked with 5*. Well, maybe, but everything is underdone. I would say, neither staff, nor management works with inspiration. They do their job like average machines, seemengly not thinking much about guests' comfort. It is about everything: front desk decided to put my interpreter and me into the same room, toiletries in the room are in short supply, just 2 teabags per day per room is maximum, breakfast is mainly Chinese, almost nothing for those who has to prefer Western food. I didn't find a swimming pool in the hotel, just a gym.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I was a bit afraid after reading some reviews, but the hotel is actually good. Rooms on the executive floor are on top quality, breakfast in the lounge was really good and without any crowd. Personnel at the reception speaks good English and is really helpful. My room was hot and couldn't turn the temperature down. I ask for help and - done! Also meeting rooms are worth to recommend. The only two weak points - staff at restaurants and bar speaks very little English and smoking is allowed everywhere incl. restaurant, so be ready to have your dinner in the cigarette smoke clouds.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Finpol
Reviewed 27 December 2011

This was my fourth stay at this hotel.

Unlike my previous stays (all in winter like this one), my room was only slightly overheated, as opposed to extremely overheated. Otherwise, my experience was similar to my previous ones, except for one new trend: on two occasions I had to return to my room somewhat late (about 10pm on a weeknight), and both times I had troubling experiences. The first time, there was a drunk stumbling around in the lobby with several friends trying to hold him up. They were all yelling loudly. When I emerged from the elevator near my room, there were four or five more drunk people lying on the floor and yelling.

On the second occasion, a woman got into the elevator with me, engaged me in small talk about the weather, and then tried to follow me into my room. She was fairly easily dissuaded, but together these incidents suggest the hotel should be paying more attention to security.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Xman_7
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Hotel is conveniently located. 4 miles from Forbidden City. Service is okay and rooms are average. At least they are clean. Staff is helpful but lack in English speaking skills

• Stayed: September 2011