Park Plaza Wangfujing
  • Breakfast included
US$169
US$121
3,036 results
All reviewsjinbao towerforbidden cityclub roomsubway stationwalking distanceminute walkexit cnight marketexcellent locationbreakfast and happy hourconcierge staffbreakfast buffetan upgradestayed here for nightscentral locationtaxi driversuperior room
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Did a tour across China and stayed at a dozen different hotels. This hotel was the worst one out of all hotels. Stayed here for 4 nights and got zero sleep every night. Loud banging noise throughout day and night. Kept us awake at 1am, 2am, 3am, even 4am. Asked front desk if there was construction going on, they said no. Complained after 3rd night of no sleep, and hotel did nothing to compensate. Also, entire hotel freezing! No heat and no control for heat to work. So no hot breakfast in the morning either because by the time you got food and sat down at your table, food was cold, because entire room is freezing. I'm not kidding! The hotel was that cold! When I asked the front desk why no heat anywhere, they told me China shuts down all heat controls across the country, so it's cold for a few weeks end of March, beginning of April... Are you kidding me!? Tourists are expected to sleep in freezing cold hotel rooms? Makes no sense.
Anyways, I stayed at several other hotels which had heat and were much better than this one. If you want to sleep at night, don't bother staying here!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jacster2932
Reviewed 11 April 2013

This hotel was the perfect base for short stay in Beijing. Easy walking distance to Forbidden City, restaurants and shopping. The hotel is just back from a busy road so avoids the traffic noise and is very quiet. Staff all friendly and helpful. We upgraded on arrival to a junior suite and to include breakfast and happy hour which was worth doing as the breakfast choice was excellent and the happy hour provided tasty hot and cold snacks and soft and alcoholic drinks. The food in the restaurant is ok but there are better places round about. The room was immaculate. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CShepherd186518
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I would have given it the highest 5 rating, the reason why I hold back was that the room got very cold in the middle of the night and I had no control of the thermostat - they turned the heat off. When I checked in my room there was a notice on the desk saying that starting March 15th the heat will be off in the room. The weather was still cold ( I stayed there from April 2nd ~ April 4th), during my stay the temperature at night was like in the lower 40 Fahrenheit. Nonetheless the hotel room is clean, the staff was courteous and professional, I still recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank TonyChao
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We checked into the hotel at 4:30 after a very busy day sightseeing and were met with hot tea and very friendly and helpful staff. We took the upgrade when we booked and it was well worth it. We had complimentary drinks in the lounge during happy hour along with appetizers that were certainly our dinner. We headed back out around 6:00 to attend an acrobat show and then were brought back to our hotel. We proceeded to walk around and take in the sights of Beijing at night. The hotel is in an excellent spot. The next morning we had a great complimentary breakfast and then headed out. The rooms were large, extremely clean and the staff was very helpful. We would (and probably will) stay here again on our next visit to Beijing.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LeoM55
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a three-night break in Beijing and were absolutely delighted with our choice. Nothing was too much trouble for the fantastic staff who went out of their way to make sure that our stay was just perfect. Upon arrival, we were greeted with a cup of warm, ginger tea which was delicious and very welcoming after having travelled for a long time. The friendly staff made check-in a very easy process and their English was very good.
Our room was very comfortable, quiet, clean and a good size for two people sharing. As this was our first time in Beijing, I had spent a lot of time researching hotels before choosing the Park Plaza and I certainly was not disappointed. Great value for a great hotel in a great location. Just five minutes walk from the hotel is a large, shopping area and Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City are also within easy walking distance. Will definitely stay here on my next visit to Beijing.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family