This hotel is a pretty good choice if you're staying in Beijing and you don't mind a few compromises.
- Good location with easy walking access to underground, central (expensive) shopping malls, Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City, etc. But also set back somewhat from the main road, so mostly quiet.
- Very helpful and friendly staff. The Concierge team are especially good: standard of English is excellent and they can help with most tourist needs.
- Rooms are a pretty good size for longer stays.
- Very comfortable beds with some of the best pillows we've ever had.
- Big array of breakfast choices so you can fill up for the day if you want.
- English is not well spoken by some of the staff you need to speak to by phone, like the operator, room service, housekeeping.
- Breakfast is just ok and suits the star rating of the hotel, which is fine, but they are expensive for what you get.
- Temperature control in the rooms is not great.
- The restaurant and room service menu choices are limited, the food is average and it's very expensive. Go down the road a bit - there are far better choices nearby and you don;t get hit by the annoying 15% hotel surcharge (applies in all hotels).More
- Free Wifi