“A very nice stay”

Ranked #25 of 6,470 Hotels in Beijing
“A very nice stay”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

• Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Located at Dengshikou subway station, Park Plaza is a hotel that I would definitely return when I next visit Beijing. The service is impeccable. Proper training has been conducted to ensure that guests feel welcome. The front desk was always ready to help right from the time I arrived at the hotel in the morning. Other hotels had rejected checking me in but Park Plaza was ever ready to offer me the room with no additional charge. That helped me to enjoy the city even more! The concierge was extremely helpful and courteous.

The room was not a disappointment at all. I was given a room near the lift. The housekeeping did a fantastic job for the five nights I spent at the hotel.

The hotel went an extra mile to delight their guests. That's highly commendable! When I missed the flight home, I was even upgraded. I certainly appreciate the kind gesture!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Tel Aviv
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a club room at this hotel for 12 nights.
The hotel is perfectly located near the main city attractions, but on a quiet street, just behind the Regency hotel.
The subway station is 2 minutes walk from the hotel ( take the C exit) and there are many shopping malls, street food market and good restaurants in the area.
We booked a Club room which gave us a free access to the lounge( free drinks and snacks all day) breakfast and daily happy hour with food and drinks. The breakfast was good but was almost exactly the same every day.
The room was modern and good equipped with everything you need.
The staff is very friendly and willing to help, there was always, at least, one person who spoke English.
I will definitely stay here on my next visit to Beijing,

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank gadidan
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The interior of the hotel is very new and modern. I asked for a non-smoking room and as promised, my room was smoke free. The hotel is a 10min walk from Wangfujing street which contain a large shopping centre with many good restaurants to choose from. The hotel is literally 2mins walking distance to a subway station which is very convenient for exploring the city. I even walked to the Forbidden city (takes around 30mins). Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 18 July 2014

One of 3 hotels and came third in line. Very modern entry and is a great position near hutongs and great shopping. Missed on the non smoking request. How could they realistically remove cigarette from a room that was smokin for many days prior to us. Phew!!!! Promised free bike hire but told me they have none - twice!!! I saw them and pointed them out but a staffer told me they are not theirs!! Dohhh! They should have those Giant brand bikes and the long rack belonging to someone else removed then!!! Room leaked unfortunately and wall was wet and carpet wet in a corner near window strategically blocked off by chairs and a glass table. Worth the value and Starbucks good for coffee and snacks. Their staff were pleasent but I noticed some tension with new or in training staff.

Room Tip: If you dont smoke ask to check it prior to moving in.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DavenShell
Richmond, Canada
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stay a week for family matters. We stay twice at this hotel last year after read so many good reviews and it's just as what review said. So when we have to go back in a short notice this time for a family matters, I didn't heistate and book the hotel again. Both time we were offered upgrade to club level and we took it. It's great value, especially this time, since we are not doing any tourist stuff. With the hot weather outside, we spent more time in the hotel on this trip. The people working at club level front desk were all very friendly, always with a smile and ready to offer drinks or any help you might need. The club room is not very big, but with sofe, chairs and tables made the room very confortable to relax. The hotel location is very convienance, subway just around corner, easy walking distance to majoy shopping and sighseens, a lot of restaurant nearby. There was no probablm to call a taxi except Friday and very later in the evening or very early in the morning. In that case, you need to book a car ahead of time. The hotel also has the car service itself, cost is about 4 times local taxi and it only accept cash, but the car was very clean, confortable, and driver was very professional. We used once on Friday after waiting for a taxi for over 40 minutes and found out the hotel has this service. I wish some one had told us this option sooner at front desk after we have to wait so long for a taxi. Anyway, we were happy and finally got on our way and wasn't too later for our dinner meeting. The hotel room is very quiet because it's behind 2 big buildings, but you still has some views if weather is clear. It's just about 50 yards from a major street.. I am a very light sleeper, so it's just perfect for me. Rooms are good size, modern, closet a little small, washroom a normal size, last time we had a small washroom, so I asked for a large one this time. Buffer breakfast were the best with both Chinese and Western food, some selections were changed everyday, so you didn't have to eat the same stuff everyday. People services breakfast or table may not speak good English, but since I do speak Chinese, there is no problem with us. If you do have a problem, talk to a manager, they seems always want to help. Over all, this is the hotel for me to stay if I come back and has recommonded it to friends if they do coming to Beijing.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Helen T
Lakeville, Minnesota
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel. When we checked in, we were very politely asked if we wanted to upgrade to a better room, it included breakfast, free happy hour, and access to the club room. We decided to go with the upgrade and we were very glad we did. It turned out happy hour was free drinks, both alcohol and soft drinks, and an amazing array of food.
Our rooms (we had 3 for our family) were comfortable and clean, staff were friendly and helpful and many spoke English. The location of the hotel is excellent. Walking distance to the market, there is a metro station beside it. When we return to Beijing we will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family