“Excellent Service Through and Through”

The Ritz-Carlton, Beijing
Ranked #7 of 6,449 Hotels in Beijing
seattle
“Excellent Service Through and Through”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

I recently stayed at this property on business for 4 nights. My time there was exactly what I have grown to expect from Ritz Carlton -- great service at every level! Even though many of the staff do not speak English very well (far better than my Mandarin I must say!), they still greet with a smile and kind gesture to get the task at hand accomplished. The rooms are very well appointed and the in-room check in service is fabulous when one has arrived after a 14 hour flight. Great service!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

On this trip, I returned to Beijing with my mother who was visiting for the first time. The stay was perfect and we could not ask for more. Figo, the concierge worked tirelessly with me to make and amend my multiple reservations and tours. His restaurant recommendations were spot on and on the day we went to the Great Wall, they even packed a little picnic to take along in the long car ride. We had access to the legendary Ritz-Carlton Club and it's definitely worth the hype. The staff there are super attentive and noticing that my husband enjoyed a chocolate cake (he ate half of it) from the buffet, the made special arrangements to have the chef specially bake the same cake for him for each day of our 4 day stay. Thanks to Sharon and her team. We were truly spoilt and can't wait to go back. The heart warming service made us feel right at home. Keep up the fantastic job.

Room Tip: Definitely select the upgrade to Club access. While it's a paid perk, it's 300% worth it. F...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here twice over the past two years and cannot fault a single thing.
The rooms are comfortable and functional for business or travel, customer service is up there with best and nothing is too much trouble, I love the Davidoff cigar lounge and have spent many nights there, it's fantastic. Everytime I'm in Beijing this is the only hotel we will stay at.

• Stayed May 2012
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

I returned to Beijing this month for a few nights of work. The stay was wonderful. Service outstanding, recognition of elite status and repeat customer appreciated. Rooms lovely and elegant and club lounge inviting, warm, and with excellent food choices. Staff remarkably focused on the customer. While the building is older, I remain a fan of the classic Ritz. Pool beautiful, great spa. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Club Level
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

Stayed here on business a few times. My office is right opposite so can't comment on the location but it is everything I expected from a Ritz hotel.

Luxury and comfort, excellent service, excellent food and choice of Chinese and Western foods.

Very nice long indoor swimming pool, Jacuzzi and SPA treatments.

Staying again in a few weeks and looking forward to it....

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank GV5_UK
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

Spent only one day in this Hotel.
Arrived very late at night, no issues with check in. No issues with check out.
Checking in they made sure to address me by my name and took the trouble to direct me to the elevator. Small detail but after a long flight these small details make a huge diference
Had been to other Ritz Carlton in the world and service, quality is similar, that is great.
Close to a mall
Concierge of great healp
Front desk service impecable
Breakfast with all sorts of bread, western and asian cuisine
Would return for sure

Room Tip: Stayed only once facing the back of the Hotel. Great room and very silent. I have a sense that any r...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

I spent 4 nights at this hotel in Beijing and it was a fantastic experience. Incredibly appointed large rooms, great bathroom facilities, wonderful food and outstanding staff. On my first night there I receive a letter in my room from management advising that since I was a first-time visitor I could get a complimentary assortment of local foods to try out in my room :). Unfortunately as I had a prior arranged dinner engagement I was unable to take them up on this offer.
When I departed I used a hotel limo to the airport, where I was met by 2 staff who checked me in and then one of them accompanied me all the way through immigration and security right to the airport lounge. All in all a fantastic experience for someone who spend a lot of time in hotels on business.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business