Once upon a time I lived in Beijing long-term, and this was one of my favourite hotels. I have used their services extensively:
- Hotel Look and Feel: Its a smaller boutique hotel compared to its sister hotel, the Marriott, next door. Upon walking into the reception, you immediately feel the exclusivity. The lobby decor is sumptuous, but not in a tacky way. Carpets are very thick and luxuriant. Staff are very attentive.
- Spa/Pool/Gym: I was a long term member of their fittness club. The pool is decorated like a high-end Roman bath, and I felt like Cleopatra everytime I popped in for a swim. Thick towels are available for guest usage, and the city views from the pool are lovely. Best of all, since it is a pricey hotel, there's hardly any people. The marble Spa has sauna, steam and jacuzzi, so its very relaxing after a long day. The fitness room is a little small with basic equipment, but it was always empty. There's a fitness instructor on standby everyday .
- The BAR: With its heavy oak finish, velvet couches and 'old boys' ambience, I liked it a lot. The selection of wine and cocktails are decent. The servers were always attentive. The LOUNGE is decked 'English manor style' and their Caesar Salad tasted very farm fresh and crispy. The dinner buffets at AROMA is high quality and delicious. Their bread and butter pudding made me very nostalgic
- Rooms: Needless to say, you get what you pay for. Their hotel rooms reminds me of 'The' Penninsula' in Hong Kong.
Overall, I love everything about the hotel. Yes, its really pricey, but you get what you pay for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Beijing, is centrally situated in one of Beijing's most thriving business area - China Central Place, the hotel is 30 minutes from the Beijing International Airport and offers easy access to the city's historical and cultural landmarks. In the classic timeless and elegant Ritz-Calrton style, the hotel, designed by HBA design consultants, features 305 well-appointed guest rooms and six exquisite award winning restaurants and bars including Barolo, serving authentic Italian Cuisine; Yu, serving fine Cantonese Cuisine; Aroma, serving international cuisine throughout the day; The Ritz-Carlton Bar; The Lobby Lounge and The Davidoff Lounge. Other exclusive facilities include The Ritz-Carlton Spa, fitness centre, indoor pool with balcony, 1,100 sq.m. meeting and conference space, 648 sq.m. ballroom and the only wedding chapel inside a hotel in Beijing.Behold the Ritz-Carlton, Beijing, architecture and decor classically inspired. Whether from the full-bodied taste of Ritz-Carlton traditional afternoon tea or a refreshing spa treatment, your senses are entranced by experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelbag, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Beijing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Beijing Huamao Beijing
- Ritz Carlton Hotel Beijing
- Ritz Beijing
- Ritz-Carlton Beijing
- Beijing Ritz-Carlton