Having read some of the other reviews I'd like to make a few points. Firstly the location is indeed set away from the tourist areas, it's in a business district but only 5 stops on the Metro / Subway to the Forbidden City and the fare is 0.20 EUR. The station is outside the hotel, the trains are frequent, clean and it's an interesting experience. Why take a taxi and get caught up in the traffic? Secondly the hotel is in China so English is not their first language. Of course some staff will have a better grasp than others, however, the staff here are way above average in their language skills so don't worry.
The hotel is very new and well furnished. Rooms are of a good size but in some aspects the finish is not perfect but during our stay there was plenty of repainting going on now that the building has settled.
The spa and pool are first class, whilst the pool is not the size of a public swimming pool it does not need to be as it is seldom busy.
Breakfast offers a huge selection but is a little pricey. The hotel restaurants offer a good standard with Italian themed 'Barolo' being particularly notable and I believe has won an award already. Drinks are not cheap as is usual in China so bring a bottle or two of wine from duty free if you like to indulge in a nightcap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Beijing, is centrally situated in one of Beijing's most thriving business area - China Central Place, the hotel is 30 minutes from the Beijing International Airport and offers easy access to the city's historical and cultural landmarks. In the classic timeless and elegant Ritz-Calrton style, the hotel, designed by HBA design consultants, features 305 well-appointed guest rooms and six exquisite award winning restaurants and bars including Barolo, serving authentic Italian Cuisine; Yu, serving fine Cantonese Cuisine; Aroma, serving international cuisine throughout the day; The Ritz-Carlton Bar; The Lobby Lounge and The Davidoff Lounge. Other exclusive facilities include The Ritz-Carlton Spa, fitness centre, indoor pool with balcony, 1,100 sq.m. meeting and conference space, 648 sq.m. ballroom and the only wedding chapel inside a hotel in Beijing.Behold the Ritz-Carlton, Beijing, architecture and decor classically inspired. Whether from the full-bodied taste of Ritz-Carlton traditional afternoon tea or a refreshing spa treatment, your senses are entranced by experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Marriott, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Beijing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Beijing Huamao Beijing
- Ritz Carlton Hotel Beijing
- Ritz Beijing
- Ritz-Carlton Beijing
- Beijing Ritz-Carlton