1,538 results
All reviews cepe guest recognition ladies and gentlemen the club lounge high end shopping mall guest relations restaurant staff lobby bar special thanks duty manager fantastic stay business hotel would highly recommend this hotel main restaurant concierge team business district three nights
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This is a beautiful hotel. We stayed here for 3 nights. The accommodations were excellent; the spa/pool/gym made me want to exercise; the breakfast buffet was outstanding. The staff was exceptionally nice and helpful. We came in very late (4:00am), but the room was ready and people were standing by to great us and guide us to our room. I would definitely recommend staying here to anybody.

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank JAMROX69CA
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This hotel is beautiful and the service is exceptional. If you have business meetings in the neighborhood, I am sure you will be totally happy staying here. But as a tourist interested in exploring Beijing, I was annoyed by the hotel's location -- sort of in the middle of nowhere. Yes, there is a luxury mall attached to the hotel (totally empty -- no shoppers at all) and nearby there are some familiar fast food stores, but, again, that's not what I went to Beijing to see. And the hotel is a long walk from a subway stop.
Fortunately, taxi fares in Beijing are very low, so the 45 minute trip back from a temple site cost us only about $6.00. But it was a 45 minute trip!

Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Judith P
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I was a guest at the Ritz for a week this summer. Breakfast was included with our room and it was one of the best buffets I have ever had - it was a combination of chinese and western, amazing fresh fruit, delicious dim sum, made to order foods, baked goods, fresh juices .... all in all a great way to start the day. If you started or ended your day in the gym/spa then also fantastic. a lot of effort has been put into this area of the hotel. Great equipment and beautiful, clean facility. Rooms, although a little dated, were lovely and housekeeping staff great.
However, the concierge staff needed much to be desired. We lost a passport while we were there and I have to say their assistance was awful. We received incorrect information and basically little assistance. I can't imagine this was the first time something like this happened, but they were basically useless. Also, in a hotel of the Ritz's status one would expect that they would provide concierge staff who were multi-lingual to accommodate their international guests, however with the numerous interactions we had (both with the passport and with tourist type questions), we always faced a real language barrier. Perhaps they spoke other languages well, but English was a rare commodity. The hotel, I believe is probably used mostly by business travelers. It is tucked away in the financial district and more than once, we either couldn't find a cab driver who knew where it was, or as happened a few times, the driver said he knew and then took us to the wrong hotel! Luckily my daughter speaks high school level chinese, and after the first mishap we got to know the area well enough so she could direct our driver back to the hotel.
It's not that the hotel is awful but with so many great choices of hotels in Beijing, and with the rate you are paying to stay here, I believe you could make a much better choice someplace else.

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2013

As part of a Viking Cruse we stayed in the hotel for three days. The room was wonderful and the food was marvelous. Service was first rate in every way. The nearby shopping was also excellent. All the meals were terrific but the breakfast buffet was just out of this world both in term of range of food and the quality of items as well as the presentation.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2013

A very nice hotel in the Financial / CBD area of Beijing. On a weekend this area is very quiet. THere is a luxury shopping mall adjacent to the hotel and another shopping mall on the otherside which has office blocks above it and a very good subteranean food court below it with many different kinds of Asian cusiine.
The rooms in this hotel are by far the best part of the stay. Big wide spaces with King size beds, good working space with plenty points, large sofa's and a TV above the bath :-)
The Bar is a bit dark though there is normally live music on in the evening.
Breakfasts are vast with just about anything you can think of and more!
The sister hotel next door is a very nice Marriot and you can eat and drink there and charge back to your RC account.

Room tip: I haven't had a bad room in the 3 times i've stayed there.
Date of stay: March 2013