Days Inn Joiest Beijing
US$106
US$101
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 April 2013 via mobile

Not the nicest place we have stopped I'm at all, maybe it just needs a good clean? The rooms need some serious TLC, floor tiles in bathroom were cracked and coming up, room and hotel itself had a very bad odour of smoke in it. Not cheap either. I would say avoid this place to that give it a good clean

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Jpdeprivation
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Stayed for 4 nights. The worst hotel I stayed.
1. No English – We knew Beijing people knew very little English. But we expected some knowledge of English from the 3 star hotel staff(at lest the front desk). After 15 to 20 minutes of explaining they got frustrated and just tried to get rid of us.
2. Bathroom was dirty – there was stains in the bathroom and the shower cubicle was leaking water to the bath room. And had a rusty non working shower.
3. Breakfast – We have a better breakfast for a guest at our homes. There was only rice, some vegetables, few pieces of meat, eggs and 1 or 2 more stuff we don’t understand. Most of the time we end up eating early lunch.
4. Internet – NO internet. There was PC on the front desk. But it was slower than my dial-up at home I had 6 years ago. You’ll have to wait for at least 2 to 3 minutes to load one page.

For me there is no good thing I can remember about this hotel. It was close to a huge indoor market and few restaurants. But I am sire there are much better places to stay in bejing for the same price.

Room Tip: DONT got to this Place
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sameera A
Reviewed 13 July 2012

While in Beijing, I booked a tour which included 4 nights in a standard hotel. I was told by the travel agency that the hotel that was initially included with the package was overbooked and so they booked this one instead. There is not much good to say about this hotel, it's just plain awful. Also, if you do not speak mandarin, you will be in trouble, no one speaks English, and the employees that understand a bit of English will not understand full sentences, just words.

I had problems from the moment I checked in to the moment I checked out. It was incredibly difficult to get my deposit back (they ask for a 220 RMB deposit in the beginning), since no one speaks English. I had done some laundry and had to pay 52 RMB. When I told the person I wanted to pay the laundry cash and wanted my deposit back (since it was charged on my card), they just wanted to get rid of me and charge the 50 RMB on my card and I guess the deposit was not important to them. Since I refused to leave and started to really get angry, after 40 minutes of waiting, they called someone that spoke English and was able to get my deposit back.

For the location, generally ok. There is a convenience store beside the hotel, opt to go buy there if you need water and some snacks instead of the overpriced water & soups in the room or in the lobby of the hotel. There is also a big indoor market couple blocks away, you can find some cheap shoes, decent priced souvenirs and luggages and lots of beauty products. You can bargain here, even if you don't speak the language. Don't pay full price, just take your cell phone, and give them the price your willing to pay.

The good:

-ATM machine that accepts foreign credit card and bank cards, never had a problem to withdraw money
-Free internet (ethernet cable) & works well
-Good surroundings : convenience store (1 minute walk) & market (5 minute walk) If interested, the silk factory is located 5 minutes from there and a place called Dr.tea. You can try different kinds of tea, you get a 10 minute explanation about tea and you get to try them,the fruit one is very delicious! Obviously after you can expect to have lots of pressure to buy the tea ( about 200 RMB for a large box of tea)

-The bad:

-Place is horrible, very dirty and the pictures you see in the website are deceiving. The bathroom was dirty, carpet stains all over, bed is hard and pillows are very old.
-Service is awful also, They never gave me new cups, just left them used. Never got another shower cap, and the last day, they forgot to replace my face towels. I wanted also a bottle opener, called front desk and obviously no one understood me so I never was able to get it.
-No one speaks English!! You will have a hard time communicating if you do not speak Mandarin.
-Breakfast(complementary) is horrible, I didn't even bother to go the last two days. I am a vegan, so obviously I know it's always hard for me to find something to eat, but the bread was old, the vegetables also old and greasy. The one thing that was decent was the watermelon slices.
-The phone didn't work well...if you want to make phone calls, it's practically impossible, even if local. I had to go to the front desk to make a local call. Receiving calls is even worse, the line is awful.
-If you need laundry done, don't bother. I needed some clean clothes and was kind of desperate. I washed a few things, got them 2 days later and 2 of my shorts were still wet...

I would definitely not recommend this place,not even for a night. If it's included in your tour, ask that they change it. You don't expect much for a three stars, but I expect the place to be at least be clean and that they change your glasses & cups!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Rosestar99
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Stayed one night hardly and had to change hotel next morning due to the following reasons:
- Dirty bathroom, rusty shower, finished toilet paper,
- Smelly room with rotten cigarette smokes,
- Awful breakfast served at the lobby corner underneath the stair,
- Room cleaning is zero and dust everywhere,
- Best at pricing room utilities and worst at servicing.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ganbi
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Bad hotel where should I start...

First we came in at 12:30 am this was no problem but then nobody spoke English. We thought this could happen because it was midnight and English staff is hard to find. Then we went to the room and this whas not at all what we expected or payed for. The room was as small as a closet the shower was dirty and small so was the whole bathroom en our window whas a inside window with a vieuw in the lobby! Because we arrived late we diden't want to go downstairs again to tell them about this.

Next day we went down to complain about the window, small room and dirty bathroom. When we told the frontdesk nobody understood us it took us an hour to explain and once they understood they said that it was hour problem and if we want a room with window ect. then we should pay more...

Besides all of this they show pictures of the restaurant witch they don't even have. They had this restaurant 4 years ago now they you can eat in the poor lobby.

Conclusion:
Don't go here for the same money you can go to Novehotel and book a room without a window (at least they inform you).

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple