The Westin Beijing Financial Street
  • Pool
  • Pool
Sicheng Hotel(Beijing)
1,299 results
All reviewspregoheavenly bedthe executive loungeexcellent business hotelbreakfast buffetchinese restaurantthe hotel staffbusiness tripbusiness travelerpizza hutforbidden citylobby barwestern foodrooms are spaciousbusiness districtfitness centerfive star hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I was in Beijing on a business trip, but brought my husband and daughter. My business associates chose this hotel for me. On the plus side, the room was very nice, hotel responded immediately to a drainage problem in the shower, and the breakfast was outstanding. Hotel restaurants were very good. On the downside, the front-end services just didn't function as a world class hotel. (Please note, I also went to Tokyo on this trip and there is simply no comparison to the top-of-the-line service at the Imperial Hotel). For example, it took forever to get a cab. Also, there was a random bar charge on our bill, and when I pointed it out, I got a runaround until I asked for the receipt to substantiate it. Just didn't have the can-do attitude I would expect from a Westin in a major city.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Westportia
JadeWoon, Hotel Manager at The Westin Beijing Financial Street, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2011

Dear reviewer, thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, especially your feedback of nice room and outstanding breakfast. However, we apologise for the service shortfall that you have encountered and will certainly ensure that continuous training is put in place to improve on the associates’ shortcomings as you have highlighted. In the meanwhile, we look forward to regain another opportunity to welcome you back to The Westin Beijing Financial Street – to witness an improvement from the refreshing perspectives that you have shared here. Be renewed.

Reviewed 2 October 2011

Second time I stayed here, better value than the other international hotels with top quality room and service. The location was good for financial area, room was large and modern. Not cheap but lots of restaurants located nearby. Will be my hotel of choice for future beijing business visits (which will be a few for the next few years!)

• Stayed: September 2011
JadeWoon, Hotel Manager at The Westin Beijing Financial Street, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2011

Dear reviewer, it is inspiring to hear the evocative descriptions of your experience at The Westin Beijing Financial Street. We are passionate about nurturing your mind, body, and soul by empowering you with a sense of well-being so that you can be at your best, naturally. We’re looking forward to your next business trip to Beijing. Be recharged.

Reviewed 2 October 2011

This was the last stop of my five city Asia tour. We mostly stayed at spg properties and I was particularly looking forward to this stay as I have had great experiences in the past at Westins. Unfortunately, I would not be inclined to stay at this hotel again.

It's not the fault of the front desk staff... They were very helpful and so were the concierges. The rooms were also kept clean by housekeeping.

The two biggest minuses -

- when we first entered the room, it stank. I couldn't figure it out at first, it was just musty and I had to call the hotel staff to have someone spray the room. First impressions are everything. The scent disappeared after spraying, and then reappeared in varying degrees. My guess? Sewer gas smell. I am not sure where it came from (perhaps the toilet or sink), but extremely unpleasant. Ugh.

- restaurant food did not live up to westin standards. We ate at all three restaurants - prego was so so, and the Chinese restaurant was even less so so. The breakfast buffet was decent, and the dinner buffet... Well... It looked absolutely fantastic when I checked it out the first night. But when we treated ourselves to it on the last night... Terrible. Food wasn't tasty at all, and to top it all off, I watched as no one stopped these children from using their hands and picking out condiments for the desserts. Who is going to eat that after hands have touched that food? At 50+ usd a plate, I really expected more.

Sorry westin, I really do love you, but you let me down this time.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Digicision

Dear reviewer, thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is disappointing to hear that your experience had not been a most fulfilling one. We apologise for the problems of the room and the service shortfall that you have encountered. We will enhance the room maintenance and inspection, and certainly ensure that the continuous training is put in place to improve on the associates’ shortcomings as you have highlighted, In the meanwhile, we look forward to regain another opportunity to welcome you back to The Westin Beijing Financial Street – to witness an improvement from the refreshing perspectives that you have shared here. Be renewed.

Reviewed 29 September 2011

It was such a relief to arrive at the Westin after our 23 hours of travel. The room was beautiful and clean. There was complimentary bottled water in the room. The staff was very helpful. The food was good! I have no negative comments!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
JadeWoon, Hotel Manager at The Westin Beijing Financial Street, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2011

Dear reviewer, it is inspiring to hear the evocative descriptions of your experience at The Westin Beijing Financial Street. We are passionate about nurturing your mind, body, and soul by empowering you with a sense of well-being so that you can be at your best, naturally, whether in business suits or casuals. Be well.

Reviewed 25 September 2011

Stayed here for nine nights during a long business trip, our first time in China. Easy check-in, comfortable room. Powerful shower. Free wireless internet access in room. We were happy to get plenty of free bottled water every day in our room. The staff's English skills were a mixed bag (our Mandarin was very limited), but we were able to get what we needed if we found the right person.

We had the regular brunch one day, not the special brunch, but it was quite an impressive one at that. Some dishes were hit or miss; overall a great food experience. The Chinese restaurant was solid.

The hotel's location was fine for business reasons (most anything financial is nearby) but lousy for anything else. So we had to take cabs often (though it's a 10-minute walk to two subway lines). The whole Beijing taxicab situation seems to be a difficult one these days. No cabs idling at the hotels. Waiting for 15-30 minutes in line for cabs to pull up and drop someone else off at the front door was common. Sometimes drivers would refuse us, even after the staff tried their best to explain our destinations to them. I'm not sure if there's anything the staff can do to improve the flow of cabs or get a more reliable group of drivers, but any bit would help.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ScottDCtraveler

Dear Scott, thank you for sharing refreshing perspectives of your experience and it is inspiring to hear that our associates – not to mention Chef Stephane’s culinary team – have been able to elevate your Beijing encounter. Moreover, hotel provide the limousine transportation service, you can find help with our concierge, our associates are always available to help make every aspect of your visit as effortlessly enjoyable as possible. We are looking forward to your return. Be well.