The Westin Beijing Financial Street is strategically located in the midst of the city’s financial district and just a taxi (or train) ride away from The Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square and Wangfujing. The hotel has 483 rooms including 49 suites, each equipped with the signature Westin Heavenly Bed for a good night’s rest.
My spacious room boasted soft neutral shades with red wood accents, plush armchairs and a flat screen TV. It was both elegant and contemporary. Standard amenities included tea and coffee making facilities, work desk with ergonomic chair, high speed internet and in-room safe.
The bathroom includes a separate rainforest shower and bathtub, complete with White Tea bath amenities. I slept very well during my stay at the hotel – because the heavenly bed is specially designed to cradle and contour the body.
While The Westin Beijing Financial Street doesn’t offer an outdoor pool, guests can enjoy a dip in the hotel’s heated 25-meter pool or the whirl pool. The pool connects to the locker and changing room, where you can find separate Jacuzzis, steam rooms and saunas for your enjoyment.
During my stay, I enjoyed a sumptuous lunch at Jewel, dinner at Prego and even checked out the Retrolicious brunch at both Prego and Senses. The brunch was great value for money and the spread was mind boggling. Even for me.
Do make time for at least one spa session at the hotel. The Heavenly Spa fuses modern spa therapy with Chinese traditional massage in a setting that elevates each of the five senses. This was one of the best massages I’ve gone for. I felt instantly alive and refreshed.
Platinum SPG members and guests of Westin Executive Club Rooms and all suites will enjoy access to the Westin Executive Club Lounge. Complimentary services include Continental breakfast, snacks during the day and pre-dinner drinks and canapés. The lounge also offers ample space for small meetings and a private meeting room.
For those who need assistance in transportation, the hotel’s concierge is more than happy to help you with that. They will hire a taxi for you and inform the driver in Mandarin of your preferred destination. You will also get a hotel card with the address and name written in Pin Yin, so the next taxi you take can send you back to the hotel without any hassle.
To cater for young children and the disabled, the hotel provides a children’s playground at Senses, childcare services (call the front desk to enquire further) and disabled friendly lift buttons and ramps at the ground floor.
I found the hotel pretty accessible as the Fuchengmen subway station is just 5 minutes away. If you’re not fond of taking the public transportation in Beijing (it can be quite a challenging experience), opt for a taxi. If you’re travelling for work, this would be an good hotel to consider staying at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in the midst of the capital’s financial district with access to major corporate headquarters, the hotel is just minutes from cultural icons such as The Forbidden City as well as Beijing’s finest shopping and entertainment districts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Beijing Financial Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Beijing Financial Street Hotel Beijing
- Westin Beijing Financial Street
- Beijing Westin
- Westin Hotel Beijing