“Great hotel, the lounge service is one of the best I have seen so far” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Beijing Financial Street

The Westin Beijing Financial Street
Ranked #33 of 6,442 Hotels in Beijing
Tel-Aviv
“Great hotel, the lounge service is one of the best I have seen so far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2010

Great hotel. We loved the personal service at the Westin Club Lounge on the 26th. floor. Makes a huge difference . Good F&B outlets - try the breakfat buffet , SPA and wellness are very good.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
asf
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2010

They just cannot stop calling your number to hard sell. Becareful of giving your contact information to starwood hotels in China. Imagine one of those roadside hustlers bugging you by phone everyday... the latest is a RMB 2188 membership card, short of calling me an idiot for not wanting to get one and not comprehending that the customer is trying to hold a meeting on his end of the phone, so they call 1 minute later to do the same thing over.

Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank asdfs
manipal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2010

It was very nice. Longue is excellent. Felt homely. Very centrally located. People are courteous and service is very good.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2010

Can't say I wold necessarily stay there when you can find chinese accomodations at a great price but we were using credit card points so it was wll worth the $50/night charge. Nice high quality room. I really like having english speaking conciere to give us directions or write in chinese characters instructions to where we wanted to go and how to get back. We got to "the" dim sum restaurant (under $10 for two) with out any problem and the staff also arranged for a private car to the great wall as I did not want to do the bus tour that took all day and made some side stops that I was not interested in. We were helped with where to eat table carved peking duck. Duck was the only thing that cost at $20 for a half. We got directions to all of the shopping buildings from the conciere and figered out the subway where we could as they are really cheap like 25 cents..

We did not eat at the hotel. Most of the time we were out and about and ate where it looked good. Near the hotel is a mall with a food court with cheap chinese eats. Chow fun noodles for a mere $3 bucks. I can't see how the mall stays open as I only saw a couple of folks shopping and a whole lot of staff with nothing to do. Maybe it was all show for the Olympics. Many of the office building were empty in this finincial district. I think all the business is in Shanghai. There also were a number of restaurants a couple of blocks away under $12 for two. The only thing that seemed expensive was Starbucks.

There is a subway stop a few blocks away but most of the time we caught a cab. Cabs that wanted a "special" tourist fare we avoided. Just don't look for a cab during rush hour.

Six months later I came back with my daughter so she could shop. Don't pay more than $10 for anything in the building. Very entertaining barganing. I should open an auto dealership and hire all of the purse sellers to make the deals.

• Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
waterloo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2010

So I brought my wife with me on my business trip so we could travel after my 1 week business was over.

For the 1200 RMB I paid online, I was put into their short term residence wing, which was nice, the room was a suite with a full size kitchen, frig, microwave, and even washer/dryer.

The service was very nice, everyone was very friendly and eager to help with directions/bookings.

First the negatives:

-it's china, so everyone smokes, the main lobby hosts a bar, so walking thru main lobby was like walking through the smoking section, dense nicotine filled air... not nice for non smokers.

-the thermostat in the room was crazy, we set it for 20C but once it reaches 20C, the AC would turn off, so middle of the night, the room would be boiling hot and I'd had to turn it off and on again to get the AC to cycle back on. Complained and they claim to have fixed it but it was not fixed.

-I'm from NA, so the bed was obviously hard, not the "SPG Heavenly" beds that I'm used to, but I think that's an Asian thing since almost all hotels we stayed in Asia had hard beds.

-probably the worst thing about this hotel is the location, it's not close to the subway, about 15-20min walk, and there is nothing around, there are a few restaurants, but nothing else. It's the financial district so I expected as much. Good for business hotel, not good for leisure stay.

-lastly, during my stay May 22-29, there was construction outside the hotel, 24hrs a day!!! even at 3am... luckily I had my ear plugs...

I originally had a 1.5week booking at this hotel, but checked out after 1 week due to the inconvenience.

The good:

-very friendly staff
-the breakfast buffet was probably one of the best if not the best during my 3 weeks in China, very good variety and tasted good
-not too expensive for what you get
-decent work out facilities
-free wireless internet in the rooms

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Kuching, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2010

Very nice and comfortable once start from the moment you walk in. Staff are very friendly and the room is spacious. Love the Sunday Brunch with the live music and some activities around, a good weekend going place for family. The only complaint i will have is the cleanliness at the swimming pool changing room

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2010

My daughter and I stayed in the one bedroom apartment for a week. We both thought that it was a great apartment. The service is excellent and we will definitely stay there again. Also, the pool is fabulous especially if you are traveling with a children.

• Stayed May 2010