“How do you spell perfection - RAFFLES BEIJING”
Review of Beijing Hotel NUO

Beijing Hotel NUO
Ranked #23 of 6,528 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 15 November 2012

From the car service pick-up, the personal greeting by Raffles Ambassador, Mr. Spooner, the personalized in suite check in - our arrival after a 12 hour flight couldn't have been more perfect! The room (more like a one bedroom condo) was beautifully furnished, the 2 beds very comfortable, and every amenity was of the highest quality. The hotel provided plenty of bottled water as well as a fresh fruit tray. When we had a minor problem with noise from another guest, they sent a beautiful plate of chocolates as an apology! The international breakfast buffet was varied and plentiful as was the one dinner we ate there. We also appreciated the quality of the letter paper and envelopes. Mr. Spooner was very attentive to our requests and went over and beyond to satisfy our questions and shopping! The conceirge desk and front desk staff were polite, helpful and well spoken. They arranged for shipping a parcel home for us that arrived home before we did. The hotel's location close to must see sights, shopping and restaurants made it an ideal location to start our 3 week tour of beautiful China. Thank you Raffles Beijing RM&YH

Room Tip: check the hotel website for amazing deals that might be available.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank cruisingatsea
RafflesBeijingHotel, General Manager at Beijing Hotel NUO, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen Raffles Beijing Hotel as your preferred accommodation in Beijing and we appreciate you having taken the time to share your thoughts with us on TripAdvisor.

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed the personalized services our Raffles Ambassador John Spooner, his team and all our colleagues extended to you. We will share your remarks with John and all our staff and we know that comments and accolades such as yours will encourage them to further enhance their services.

In addition we were happy to read that our food and beverage offerings at our all-day-dining restaurant East 33 as well as the services of our Concierge and Front Office teams exceeded your expectations.

Once again, thank you for sharing our experience with us.

Matthias AL-Amiry
General Manger

There are newer reviews for Beijing Hotel NUO

Reviewed 15 November 2012

I have stayed in eight different Beijing hotels over the past dozen years. All have been quite acceptable, but Raffles stands out. Raffles Beijing has become my favoured Beijing hotel. I travel to Beijing an average of 3 times a year and almost always stay there. It is truly an oasis. Calm pervades the atmosphere. Reception is always most gracious, with seated tea service while the front desk staff take your particulars. The hotel changed general management recently, and now it's even better than before.

I travel mostly for business (from Canada), but I also stay there when I'm in town on holiday. The location is perfect for tourists, next to the Forbidden City. The only slight problem is that, due to its location, it sometimes is difficult to get a taxi. Whether on vacation or business, this hotel offers welcome calm at the end of a busy day.

Room Tip: The so-called business rooms, located in an adjoining building, are really one-bedroom suites. They...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Dear Tom,

Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent visit to Beijing. We appreciate and value the time you have taken to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We are certainly extremely thrilled to learn that we exceeded your expectations during your last stay with us at Raffles Beijing Hotel. Here at Raffles we strive for being an “oasis for the well-travelled” by creating emotional luxury. We truly believe that in the end it is the personal touches that make the difference. Accolades and sentiments of appreciation such as yours only encourage us to further improve our services and facilities.

The biggest compliment certainly is to learn that Raffles has become your favored hotel in Beijing and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

I stayed for 4 nights at the Raffles Beijing and had a great time. The location is excellent, within walking distance of Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. The rooms are very nice, with separate areas for the bedroom and for a well sized living room. The bathroom offers separate shower and bath, and the quality of the toiletries is very good. I enjoyed the fresh fruit, renewed daily, and the bottled water. The bed was very comfortable, and the room was very silent at night. Breakfast was excellent, with a great choice of fruits, cereal, pastries and cooked breakfast. The restaurant was also very good, although a bit on the expensive side. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, but not everyone masters English. I found it very convenient to be able to exchange money at the front desk, at a good rate.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Marcus V
RafflesBeijingHotel, General Manager at Beijing Hotel NUO, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Dear Guest,

First, I would like to express my personal gratitude for the time you have taken to share your thoughts with us on TripAdvisor.

Second, on behalf of my entire team at Raffles Beijing Hotel, I would like to sincerely thank you for you staying with us.

It is always a great pleasure and extremely rewarding to receive positive and encouraging remarks about our services and facilities such as yours. We are delighted to learn that we exceeded your expectations, that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for commending our restaurant East 33 as well as the comfortable beds. We just very recently replaced our mattresses and are delighted to learn you enjoyed a good night sleep.

We will share your report with all our colleagues and we are convinced that accolades such as yours will entice them to further improve their services.

Reviewed 8 November 2012

I had my booking at Raffles Beijing and arrived on a balmy evening in October. The cosiness and friendliness was immediately obvious with a very warm welcome by the superb Raffles staff and the Ambassador John Spooner. Within an hour I had met 20 people whose 10 homelands were far flung across this great universe of ours. After a wonderful night in my luxurious surroundings I was greeted by a scrumptious breakfast only surmounted by a Latte exquisitely prepared by Colin. During my stay I met many staff members including Cynthia and
Chadi and two days before I left it was my privilege to meet Chris and Steve. The girls in the Business Centre couldn't have been more helpful (I don't always encounter this in my home town with employees); the girls in the Business Centre under the guidance of Anais could never do enough to help.

. It was also a pleasure to meet the housekeeping staff who did a job which accounted for 10 out of 10. I hope that one day in the not too distant future I will be able to enjoy another holiday at Raffles,(even if it is just to have another of Colin's Lattes) for until now it is one of the best hotels it has been my privilege to stay in. The short distance to Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City made it a joy to visit these historial places.

So once again Thank Yous Raffles for a wonderful stay

Best wishes to your Manager Mr. Alamiry and staff.

JR

Room Tip: The lights from the Marriott made our room seem like fairyland at night however somenights they didn...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo

Dear JR,

We would like to thank you for having chosen Raffles Beijing Hotel as your preferred accommodation in Beijing last October and we appreciate you having taken the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

What you have described in your review is exactly what we strive for. Our philosophy is being an “oasis for the well-travelled”. We provide “Emotional Luxury”. Hence we were thrilled to learn that you enjoyed the personalized services our Raffles Ambassador John Spooner, Anais, Chris, Steve, Chadi, Cynthia and their teams extended to you. We will share your remarks with all of them and we are convinced that comments, accolades and sentiments like yours encourage them to further enhance their services. We will certainly also not forget to let Colin know how much you enjoyed his Lattes.

In addition we were delighted to read that your expectations of our housekeeping team were exceeded.

JR, thank you for your encouraging report and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Raffles Beijing Hotel.

Warm wishes,

Reviewed 5 November 2012

The best: Within a very easy walk to the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square. Easy subway access to much more. I highly recommend getting their breakfast buffet. So many choices, homebaked bread, homemade yogurt and lots of American favorites done very well (or get adventurous and try something new). The room was outstanding, the room was serviced twice a day and the feel was luxurious. The desk staff and management were very helpful with cabs and directions. And their English was excellent.

I can't think of a thing that went wrong during our stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for selecting Raffles Beijing Hotel as your preferred accommodation in Beijing.

We are truly delighted to learn that our services and facilities exceeded your expectations during your recent visit. Your positive remarks regarding our rooms, our breakfast buffet and the personalized service of our colleagues are gratifying and extremely encouraging.

Thank you for staying with us.

Warm wishes,

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Huge rooms, excellent staff, amazing service. European style in the grand tradition. The concierge even obtained and hand delivered 1st class tickets on the high speed train to Shanghai 2 hours before its departure.

Room Tip: 10 minute walk to Tianamin Sq and the Forbidden City.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Second, on behalf of Raffles Beijing Hotel, I would like to say “thank you” and express my sincere appreciation for your stay with us.

It is always a great pleasure and extremely rewarding to receive positive and encouraging remarks such as yours. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your time with us at Raffles.

We hope we will be able to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

I surprised my wife by celebrating her 40th Birthday in Beijing. We stayed there for 5 nights. The Welcoming, service & SMILES from the FOH, housekeeping, concierge, etc. in Raffles Beijing was something out of this world. Linda from the front desk was always smiling & remembered my wife's birthday, by bringing a cake for here, we then went to the lounge bar, were the lady playing the piano, played the birthday song for her. It was just a WOW factor.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen Raffles Beijing Hotel as your preferred accommodation in Beijing and we appreciate you having taken the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Here at Raffles we strive for being an “oasis for the well-travelled” by creating emotional luxury. We deliver our brand through our unfailing way of behaving – the personality that people see. Everyone working at Raffles delivers to our guests service that is thoughtful and welcoming, charming and graceful.

Hence, it is a great pleasure and extremely rewarding to receive such positive and encouraging remarks.

Matthias AL-Amiry