“The amazing hotel manager made the worst experience better”
Review of Beijing Hotel NUO

Beijing Hotel NUO
Ranked #22 of 6,473 Hotels in Beijing
Shanghai, China
“The amazing hotel manager made the worst experience better”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I recently visited Beijing where my colleague and I stayed at the Raffles (lovely hotel) Unfortunately my wallet was stolen by a pick pocket who got my passport, credit cards, ID and money. The manager, Stefano, did every thing in his power to help me navigate through the mess. The entire staff bent over backwards to help me in every way.
It is a lovely hotel. And the people who work there are incredibly kind and well trained.
Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
RafflesBeijingHotel, General Manager at Beijing Hotel NUO, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Raffles Beijing Hotel. Thank you very much for your report on TripAdvisor.

First, I would like to express my personal gratitude for the time you have taken to share your experience with us.

Second, on behalf of my entire team at Raffles Beijing Hotel, I would like to sincerely thank you for staying with us. At Raffles our mission is to completely delight and satisfy our guests, make them feel home away from home and create an “oasis for the well travelled”. We are committed to delight our guests every day; continually getting better to keep us the best.

Therefore it is a great pleasure and extremely rewarding to receive positive and encouraging remarks about our services such as yours. We are delighted to learn that we exceeded your expectations and that Mr. Belucci was able to help and assist you to after your passport and credit cards were stolen.

We will certainly share your letter with Stephano and all our colleagues and we are convinced that accolades and sentiments such as yours will entice all of them to even further improve their services.

Thank you very much again for sharing your thoughts with us and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Raffles Beijing Hotel.

Warm regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Could not fault this hotel. Rooms are spacious. The breakfast was good although closer to 10am the staff were not refilling the fruit, dim-sum or steamed buns. We were not offered coffee but there is a coffee bar. The beds were turned down. The room got very hot and aircon did not seem to get very cold. The gym was adequate. We were on the executive floor and the service was excellent. The snacks great. The best thing about the hotel was the location. Really central to everything. Internet very slow and tv in bedroom not working properly. We got the room through Agoda and to be honest I am not too sure it is worth the full price.

Room Tip: Would do for executive rooms
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mischellejolly
RafflesBeijingHotel, General Manager at Beijing Hotel NUO, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Raffles Beijing Hotel!

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for staying with us and second I would like to express my personal gratitude for the time you have taken to share your thoughts and sentiments with us.

Here at Raffles we strive for being an “oasis for the well-travelled” by creating emotional luxury. We deliver our brand through thoughtful and welcoming, charming and graceful service.

We are delighted to learn, that enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated our services and facilities.

On the other hand, we were disappointed to read about the challenges you experienced you faced during your visit. We will address all your concerns with the respective department heads accordingly in order to prevent similar events from reoccurrence.

We would like to thank you for openly bringing these matters to our attention since only by candid comments such as yours are we able to improve our services and facilities.
Once again, thank you very much for staying with us.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

My daughter and I decided that we were going to try afternoon tea at Raffles. We were not disappointed. The service was outstanding and the afternoon tea was even better. Huge choice of teas and sandwiches and cakes were delicious. Scones served with jam and cream. Loved it so much we went back for another meal the following day!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
RafflesBeijingHotel, General Manager at Beijing Hotel NUO, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

We would like to thank you your feedback following your recent visit to the Writers Bar at Raffles Beijing Hotel . We very much appreciate and value the time you have taken to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Here at Raffles we strive for being an “oasis for the well-travelled”. Our goal is creating emotional luxury by offering thoughtful, welcoming, graceful and charming service. Certainly, location, the condition of facilities and food quality are very important to our guests but we also believe that in the end it is the personal touches that make the difference. Therefore, we were delighted to learn that you enjoyed and were wowed not only by the quality of our food but also by our personalized services. We will certainly share your comments with our entire team and are convinced accolades such as yours will encourage them to even further improve their services.

Warm wishes,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed at the Raffles in November 2013 while travelling for business. The room was very spacious, very comfortable. Except for some stains on the couch. The location of the hotel was great, very close to Tiananmen, malls, and eateries are within 5-10mins walk. Very nice lobby, however, it will get confusing finding your way to the lift to get to the room if it is your first visit. I checked in at 2am, my first time staying at this hotel, and no one show me the way to my room, I had to search for the lift lobby, which is behind the lobby (feels like a different block from the main building). Breakfast spread was good.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Stephanie S
RafflesBeijingHotel, General Manager at Beijing Hotel NUO, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent visit to Beijing. We appreciate and value the time you have taken to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay as well as our services and facilities here at Raffles Beijing Hotel.

We are very appreciative of all the positive comments regarding our colleagues, your room and your breakfast experience. However, we are disappointed to learn about the challenges you experienced during your chek-in. I have discussed the matter internally with my Front Office team and would like to sincerely apologize for the slip-up.

Thank you very much also for pointing out the two parts of the hotel. We understand that some of our guests prefer our colonial style rooms in our heritage building others, mainly business travelers like the contemporary rooms in the auxiliary wing better.

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed at the Raffles while visiting Beijing in 2013. Got a very attractive rate and was positively surprised by the experience. The highlight definitely goes to the staff and service, that treats you like a king. This was probably one of the best check-in experiences I had in a hotel. During my stay China Fashio week was going on in the same building which was a nice plus in terms of glamour and experience.Food at the hotel restaurant was very good with relatively good value given the setting. Location is top notch given you are very close to the forbidden city and too good shopping and food.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
RafflesBeijingHotel, General Manager at Beijing Hotel NUO, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Raffles Beijing Hotel!

First, I would like to express my personal gratitude for your kind letter and the time you have taken to share your experience with us.

Therefore it is a great pleasure to receive positive and encouraging remarks about our services such as yours.

Thank you very much again for sharing your thoughts with us.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I stayed at Raffles Beijing in the summer of 2012, during my first trip to Asia. I've been lucky enough to stay in some very nice hotels in my life, and believe this is my favorite.The building is gorgeous and the location is fabulous, but what makes this Raffles so special is its people.

David bent over backwards to make our time in Beijing unforgettable, steering us toward amazing restaurants, giving us advice on what to see and do, and even bailing us out of some difficult situations and acting as an impromptu translator over the phone while we were exploring the city.

We booked 3 or 4 days of sightseeing with the hotel's tour guide during our stay. Sadly, I'm blanking on the guide's name right now, but he was a lovely man who was fluent in English, and I believe he had 1 or 2 PhD's, including one in Chinese History.

Our guide took us to Summer Palace, Forbidden City, the Great Wall, the Ming Tombs, the hutong, Olympic Village, and some lesser-known places. Upon our request, he also took us shopping for jade, tea, silk, etc. His stories really brought the history and culture of Beijing to life for me. I would highly recommend booking a tour with him -- he's a gem.

Whenever I hear someone is going to Beijing, I tell then they have to stay at Raffles. I had a magical time there, and hope to return someday. Thanks again for all of your hospitality!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PoltergeistGirl
RafflesBeijingHotel, General Manager at Beijing Hotel NUO, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback following your visit to Beijing. We appreciate and value the time you have taken to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We are certainly extremely thrilled to learn that we exceeded your expectations during your stay with us at Raffles Beijing Hotel.

Therefore, accolades and sentiments of appreciation such as yours only encourage us to further improve our services and facilities.

Should your travels lead you again to Beijing we would be delighted to welcome you back to the Raffles.

Matthias Al-Amiry
Sinalunga, Italy
Reviewed 5 March 2014

A Lovely, classical old style hotel. The staff was very helpful and attentive. The service level was great and impressive. The rooms are very elegant and comfortable too. Clean and cozy. The location of the hotel is very strategic as they are located in the down town. well recommended!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
RafflesBeijingHotel, General Manager at Beijing Hotel NUO, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Guest,

First, I would like to express my personal gratitude for the time you have taken to share your thoughts with us on TripAdvisor.

Second, on behalf of Raffles Beijing Hotel, I would like to say a belated “thank you” and express my sincere appreciation for your stay with us.
It is always a great pleasure and extremely rewarding to receive positive and encouraging remarks such as yours. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your time with us at Raffles and the culture, history and shopping Beijing has to offer. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.

Matthias Al-Amiry