“Super nice bathrooms!”
Review of Regent Beijing

Regent Beijing
Ranked #29 of 6,527 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 12 May 2010

Hotel was located in a very luxurious area with many high end shops, particularly high end automobile dealers like Ferrari, Pagani, etc. Hotel itself was very clean, rooms were fairly large and tastefully decorated. There was turn down service which is a nice touch. The bathroom was amazing, with a deep soaking tub, bath salts, etc. and a high pressure shower. There is a glass wall separating the room from the bathroom with blinds that you can control electronically via a switch... very cool!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Regent Beijing

Reviewed 14 April 2010

This hotel is very much a five star establishment. The rooms are cleaned by a team of two maids, who went so far as to fold my kids' clothes, which my kids had left on the floor of their room. The common areas are all gleaming. The lounge area is very pleasant. The breakfast buffet was outstanding. The internet and wifi service was free!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank trat10
Regent1, Managing Director at Regent Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2010

Dear Guests:

We were truly pleased to hear that your family had a pleasant stay in Beijing and that we played a small part in making it successful. I made sure that your comments were shared with our staff as they are a source of inspiration for them and a sign of achievement. We aim to delight our guests each and every day and it is nice to hear when we succeed.

Best wishes for a healthy and enjoyable summer.

Reviewed 8 April 2010

Well located, extremely friendly staff from the moment you step out of the taxi upon arrival. The room we had was a deluxe cityview room which was extremely clean and of high quality. The bathroom is absolutely fantastic in every respect. The buffet breakfast is among the best in the world that I have ever encountered (and I'm a lover of breakfast buffets). We stayed for 4 nights in March 2010, I'd certainly return to this hotel and would highly recommend it to anyone. It is also very well located -- Beijing is a very spread out city so being well located is being readily accessible to all of the different areas which the Regent is. Take taxis, they're extraordinarily cheap and with a group of 3 or 4, less than subways!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank RobertZ50

Thank you so much for sharing your comments and posting your review as it truly motivates our staff to hear how pleased their guests are with their hotel. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to delight you if you ever return to Beijing. In the meantime, we wish you a most pleasant summer season.

Reviewed 13 March 2010

To start, we were picked up by the hotel at the Airport. We were met by a hotel rep after picking up our luggage and whisked to the hotel ( I would reccomend pick up if you can, because the taxi queue looked incredibly long). The hotel is about a 40 minute drive (depending on the day)

Once we arrived we were promptly checked in and whisked up to the room. The room was gorgeous! Just like in the pictures. We had a view of the Forbidden City (although every day is kind of hazy so you can't see that far into the distance). The room decor was so tasteful and warm- it made me feel right at home. The gorgeous tub in the bathroom was great for soaking after a long day seeing the sights.

Food was terriific! We ordered room service, which was prompt and delicious. We at breakfast at Cafe 99 (which has a buffet). It has every kind of breakfast food you could want, from Waffles with warm syrup to Dim Sum. The service there is great too. Once you've ordered your pancakes/waffles or whatever to order, you go back to your table and the hostess will bring it to you once it's ready, so you don't have to do a thing.

Location is great. It's about a 30 minute stroll to Tiananmen square and the Forbidden City. It's also about a 15/20 Minute walk to Wangfujing Street food stall market (where they sell at the curious types of food), that wasn't for me but was interesting. The hotel is also just above the subway, which is great to get to the futher away attractions. (the subway was great, very safe, efficient, signage in english, and always very packed)

The hotel arranged an English speaking taxi driver for us for the great wall . His name was Robin Kong (i read about him in another review also) If you can, ask for him! He was great, we chatted the whole way there and learned a lot about Chinese culture. We went to the Mutaniyou section of the wall - which was great! First thing in the morning there were no crowds. We walked the whole section and then took the slides down, which was soo fun. And don't worry they sell water and pop along the way, but you may want to bring a snack, because walking that wall takes a lot out of you! Tip -there is no shade on the wall other than the guard towers... so bring a hat or an umbrella or prepare to fry (actually this is good advice for most of the attractions in Beijing)

The hotel itself was great. The lobby is gorgeous - that chandelier is amazing! The conceirge desk will do their best to get you were you need to go and make arrangements for you (note - be patient, as english isn't the first language, but they try really hard and do a great job...you might just have to re-phrase some of your questions sometimes, and then it's no problems).

Beijing was great , and aside from the main attractions, we stumbled upon an area called "Qinhai Lake" and "Houhai Lake" which I think is the back lake district. This is a must see. The two lakes are surrounded with willow trees, people doing the every day routines (backgammon, kite flying, bike riding). and there are shops and restaurants on the other side of the lake too. Behind the restaurants are the hutongs, which aregreat to explore. You can also see this type of thing at the park around the Temple of Heaven. We even saw people doing dancing lessons in the park!

I would definetly go back to this hotel, the value was incredible!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank quinn78
Regent1, Managing Director at Regent Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2010

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is so very valuable as it help us keep our employees motivated and constantly energized to deliver the Regent Experience. We all work together with the common goal of delighting our guests and it is always a pleasure to hear from those who have enjoyed our facilities and service. We hope that if you ever return to Beijing, you will once more give us the opportunity to be of service. Thank you for spreading the word.

Reviewed 4 March 2010

This is the more luxurious version of the very good Park Plaza next door. Design is similar, modern, personnel perhaps a tad less friendly. The big difference is the stunning gym with China-sized pool, very helpful after a long flight. A lot of glass doors in the bathroom etc and perhaps insufficient ventilation so some people might have privacy concerns.
The subway entrance is more or less in the building, important in a city this size. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank LeSnob
Reviewed 20 February 2010

The Regent Beijing is truly a world class property... if there is a better business hotel on the planet I haven’t found it.
I was certainly surprised to see Rolls Royce and Ferrari showrooms as part of the lobby; oh well, welcome to the new China.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank EFW333
Reviewed 10 February 2010

We planned a trip to Beijing for a week. At first we had only booked to stay at this hotel for the first 4 days as we were planning to go to a hot spring resort in the last 3 days. But we enjoyed staying at The Regent Beijing so much that we decided to extend the stay to the rest of our trip!

We booked the room through a travel agent so not really sure about the room type but I guess it's standard with a king bed. The room is very big. It's nicely decorated with all the standard amenities. I just love the bed! Just the right firmness with super soft pillows. Free bottle waters were replenished everyday.

I have a thing for hotel bathrooms. I can tolerate other things but the bathroom has to be clean. This bathroom is not only spotless but it's beautiful! I love the stand alone bath tube. There is a full glass wall on one side so you can see the whole room from the bathroom. There is a blind which opens/closes at the touch of a button just in case you need a little privacy. It also has a really solid big sliding door with full mirror which makes the bathroom really grand! It also has separate toilet and shower stall. This is so far the best bathroom I've ever seen in any hotels I'd been to.

Ok, enough about the bathroom. Let's talk about their service. All the staff their were very attentive and helpful. Right after we checked in, I went to the concierge asking for directions and places where I could get a phone card (so I could use my cell phone in China and not having to pay the high roaming fees). Instead of just giving me directions, the staff actually just ran out and got one for me! I was very impressed. They also helped us to arrange rental car service for our Great Wall trip. When we were extending our stay, the staff was also very patient and trying to give us the best rate possible.

The breakfast buffet was also great with many different western and oriental style food to choose from. My room rate only included breakfast for two but they let my kids (7 and 5) ate for free everyday which was super nice! We ate at two of their restaurants (can't really remember which ones) and the food were delicious and the price was reasonable for hotel standards.

It is centrally located with a subway station right at the back of the hotel. The walk to the Wang Fu Jing shopping district is just 10-15 minutes. It's also within walking distance to the Tian An Men and really close to the Forbidden City. There are also many restaurants within walking distance and many are very cheap.

They also have really great fitness center, swimming pool and sauna rooms (there was also a hot and a cold jacuzzi on women's side which I never tried). My kids really love the swimming pool and the huge jacuzzi.

All in all I was very pleased with this hotel in every aspect. Will definitely stay there again next time I go to Beijing.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family