My rating is about 3.2 for this site. I have been using this chain lately and I found it good for low budget business travel.
First, the location of ZPARK is not really you want to stay in Beijing, unless you are interested the "Summer Palace", or "Yuan Ming Yuan". It is kind of far away from all the night lives in Beijing. However, we travel for getting our business done, so, with all the software developers in that area, we got to stay in some places that are not necessary fun.
Having said so, this hotel is located in Shangdi, about 10 minutes walk from a subway station. There are a lot of buses go through this area, including one from Beijing Airport (, I think it is 16 Yuan RMB; looking for Shang-di or Zhong-guan-cun route). Taxi fare from airport to this hotel is under 150 Yuan (RMB) so it is not really that expensive either.
The room is neat and clean. If you are a person need good amenities, this is not your hotel. The room follows typical Holiday Inn Express standard: Shower, clean bed(s), hair dryer, desk, TV, free internet, telephone, tooth brushes, combs, shower gel and shampoo/conditioner are mounted on the wall of shower room, in-room AC control. Basic stuff, neat and clean. The room may be a bit smaller than normal US hotels, but it is good size for four-or five-days stay.
Breakfast is provided and included in the room rate. You can also order lunch (and maybe dinner, I did not try) for about 30-40 Yuan RMB. Limited selection, but it is OK if you are not picky. You can get soft drinks on the "Lounge" in first floor. I don't remember they have alcoholic beverages (probably not). One convenient store on the first floor but I did no buy anything there.
There are washer and dryer in the "Laundry Room". You need to get the tokens (20 RMB each, one for washer and one for dryer) from the front desk. There are detergents in the Laundry room. You an send for dry clean or launder as well.
There are a few things you might want to bear in mind to make your stay easier. First, it is almost impossible to find a taxi in the morning during rush hour. That means it is better you can have arranged transportation or you know how to use the bus. Secondly, there is a 7-11 in the apartment building next to the hotel. You can find beer there. Thirdly, the front desk people are trying their best to assist you, if you cannot communicate with them, may be find a bilingual guest, like yours truly, to help you. Don't get frustrated ;-).
There are restaurants near by but I only tried one of the "Hot-Pot" (Sha-bu-shia-bu) place on the "Shang-di 3rd St.") near one of the major intersection a few blocks from the hotel. Price and food quality are good.
The price is higher than the one I stayed in Louhu in Shenzhen, but it is still a good value compared with other four start hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A warm welcome to Holiday Inn Express Shangdi Beijing. The hotel is conveniently located in the heart of Zhongguancun Shangdi information industry base with close proximity to the famous Tsinghua University and Peking University. Beijing Capital International Airport Shuttle Bus directly to hotel. The hotel is 10 minutes away from historical Summer Palace and Yuan Ming Yuan Park, Only 5minutes walking distance to Shangdi Subway station. The hotel features196 well appointed guest rooms functionally equipped with a 26 inch LCD television set, satellite and more than 70 cable channels including CNN, HBO, NHK, NOW, Phoenix and in-room safe. Guests are entitled free to wireless high-speed internet connection in-room or at any public area within the hotel and complimentary use of computers in the business center. More so, free buffet breakfast is included. Other hotel facilities include a meeting room, unique concept Great Room F&B outlet, self-service laundry and ticketing vending machine Holiday Inn Express Shangdi Beijing is the only international brand hotel in the area that truly understands the needs of business travelers.Hotel Address and Direction: -- No.33 Shangdi East Road Beijing 100085 P.R. China -- 200m s drive East from the East of Shangdi Roundabout.From Beijng Capital Airport to HotelTake the airport transfer bus to Shangdi ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, IHG, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Shangdi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Shangdi Hotel Beijing
- Holiday Inn Beijing
- Holiday Inn Express Beijing
- Beijing Holiday Inn