All reviews cleaning fee subway station central beijing business trip free shuttle enjoyed my stay minute walk ihg airport chinese internet gym taxi china mcdonalds yuan
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Room is very clean, hotel is very quiet I did not hear anything, staffs are very helpful to help their guests, a good restaurant is just beside the hotel (Xiang Show). Internet speeds and breakfast choices could be improved though. But they are not important. I will definitely go back when I have a business trip in Beijing.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank spiderweb1977
HUANG X, 客户关系经理 at Holiday Inn Express Shangdi, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and that we were able to provide you with a memorable experience. The hotel geographical position is superior, the transportation is convenient. The hotel elegant environment, clean and tidy the room, high-quality bedding, thoughtful service, can let you feel our sincere heart,We would like to bring every guests perfect experience, we will use a more intimate and thoughtful service are looking forward to your visit again! I wish you smooth work! A happy life!

Reviewed 5 July 2017

A great place with a walking distance to metro - supermarkets - restaurants - with excellent facilitates - a good WiFi ( don't forget to load VPN before your trip to china ) - a multi national breakfast - a little bit out of city but M 13 and change by other lines to city center - I enjoyed my stay there

Room Tip: chose a quit room far from main street
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Osama A
HUANG X, 客户关系经理 at Holiday Inn Express Shangdi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel and share your experience. Glad to hotel superior geographical position and high-speed Internet to be able to get your sure.Holiday Inn Express except to provide you with contracted and fashionable guest room also contains nutrition breakfast, Comfortable bath and so on many high quality premium services. You care about most, is just what we consider, we sincerely look forward to your visit next time, I wish you a happy life! A happy family!

Reviewed 22 May 2017

To cut the long story short.
I was taking a bunch of kids to Beijing for a sport event and we stayed in HIE and I just wanted to say a huge thank you to the Operations Manager , Lesley Huang. She was ever so helpful and understanding. It wasn't an easy job to be looking after a bunch of kid and especially for them to attend a competition and required so many preparation before the competition. We were needed ice and extra water and she didn't turn us down for all of our request. She even upgraded my boss's room without even me asking. She was wonderful and made our trip so much more easier. I cannot thank her enough of what has done for us. I have worked in one of the hotels under IHG and I know how much it means to each of their employee to be receiving compliment; i rarely write reviews but for what she has done for us, i am more than happy to write this review, just to say well done and thank you so much.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
HUANG X, 公关经理 at Holiday Inn Express Shangdi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed you and your group stay. Our hotel. very happy to your praise of Operations manager Lesley.As a member of the world's leading intercontinental Hotels Group, the wisdom to Holiday Inn Express except to provide you with contracted and fashionable guest room also contains nutrition breakfast, high-speed Internet access where cool bath and so on many high quality premium services. You care about most, is just what we consider, we sincerely look forward to your visit next time, I wish you a happy life! A happy family!

Reviewed 7 May 2017

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Shangdi the last week of April. It was close to the area where I was staying for business.

First, what this hotel has going for it:
Location--close to major multi-national companies
This hotel has great internet connectivity (which is good for work)
Has a great coffee machine so you can still enjoy American style coffee in the morning
Great breakfast buffett

Negative:
My first room had this weird odor. It was so bad that I ended having to move rooms
The rooms are super dated
The gym consists of three treadmill, IE no gym. If this hotel is going to attract business travelers, it needs to offer a bigger gym!
Hotel staff has limited English speakers.

All in all, if there are other hotels available in the Shangdi district, I would pass on this place.

Room Tip: ask for inner court rooms
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
HUANG X, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Shangdi, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel and share your comments. Very glad to see you in the hotel's location.ery sorry to the problem you met at the hotel.We will train our staff regularly to meet customers' demand. If you encounter any problems at the hotel, please contact the front desk or hotel operations manager, we will effort to help you, we don't want to let a guest left with are not satisfied, we will be more perfect our service details, for you and the guests to create a more perfect experience, we sincerely look forward to your visit again! I wish you smooth work! A happy life!

Reviewed 18 April 2017

I stayed here based on the reviews I read, in addition it was not very far from the places I needed to and wanted to visit.

I arrived a few minutes before noon, and they allowed me to check in. The staff was friendly, spoke some English and was efficient.

The wifi worked wonderfully, no problems. As a matter of fact, when you connect, you get a 7 day account.

I did not watch t.v., but the shower worked well, plenty of hot water.

The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the Shangdi subway station. When you exit the station, turn right and continue walking. You will have to cross the street at some point, but it is visible.

There are a variety of restaurants close by, including a Subway and McDonalds. There is also a Muslim restaurant across the street from the hotel.

There is a bakery across the street from the subway station, which offers sandwiches, including a vegetable one. There is also a supermarket and 7 Eleven within walking distance of the hotel.

The breakfast at the hotel is delicious. They offer both Asian and Western foods. It appears they rotate dishes. On Monday I had bacon and dumplings, but on Tuesday they did not have either one.

There is also a small fitness center in the lobby and a couple of computers.

Also, there is a Walmart Supercenter, 2 subway stops away at Zhichunlu Road, take exit B. It is not like what we have in the States. There aren't as many toys, no plastic dinnerware, limited amount of international foods, and you do have to look for them. There is one small aisle of international foods, but walking around I found Doritos, chocolate, imported milk.

The hotel was quiet, and does not allow smoking, There is even a sign on the front desk saying anyone who smokes in their room will be charged a 400 yuan cleaning fee.

The bed is firm and you can get a good night sleep on it.
.I would recommend this hotel and would stay there again.

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank Rita B
HUANG X, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Shangdi, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Dear Guest:
Thank you for your feedback and we are pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay and that we were able to provide you with a memorable experience. Is a great pleasure for me to the hotel facilities and service can get your recognition and affirmation,Very glad to see you in the hotel's location. As a member of the world's leading intercontinental Hotels Group, the wisdom to Holiday Inn Express except to provide you with contracted and fashionable guest room also contains nutrition breakfast, high-speed Internet access where cool bath and so on many high quality premium services. We would like to bring every guests perfect experience, we will use a more intimate and thoughtful service are looking forward to your visit again! I wish you smooth work! A happy life!