“Very Indian”
Review of Swagat Indian Restaurant - CLOSED

Swagat Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: "SWAGAT"means welcome in Hindi,one of the many languages in diverse India.Historically a word used to express warmth and hospitality towards an "atithi"or guest.In India Swagat is pronounced through music,colour,religion,food and fusion of cultures to say the least.Swagat restaurant carries that tradition and endeavours to welcome its every patron with lovew,melody,warmth and undeniably delectable cuisine.
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The cooks, chef and manager are all from India, and the food is authentic Indian food. The manager is super friendly! It located in the backward of the Soho building. A bit difficult to find, but nice and cozy to relax in.

4  Thank Yuan T
There are newer reviews for Swagat Indian Restaurant

Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is my 2nd time in Swagat Restaurant,before coming i booked my table in afternoon,i know this days restaurant is busy. Oh my god can't belive.....is too busy from the main gate i saw so many people,some people stay outside. I enter and saw the manager in the bar. He remember me,i told him that i have booked the table and he saw me and take me to my table. I saw on my table reserved card is there and i am happy. I know about the Indian food so before sitting i place my order to the manager. Last time i told him that one day this restaurant will be busy,but so fast this restaurant pickup. Yes,i understand the restaurant is busy so my food came little late,but the food quality they maintain. I am there for 1 hr 45 min and know that on 2nd floor they have the group from Nepal, and after have another group from Pakistan. And in 1st floor keep for ala carte,is nice concept. But i tell u,they keep maintain there service and quality.
My request is to everyone,before come this restaurant booked table.

2  Thank Ss5552014
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Friday, 2nd May 2014
0800pm
We called the restaurant to get the exact address for our taxi. The lady on the phone didnt bother to inform us that the restaurant for booked for "groups" and had no tables available.

0845pm
Upon reaching the restaurant there was nobody to acknowledge us. We walked up to their bar and asked for a table of 2. The ground floor of the restaurant was full with an Indian group having semi-buffet.
The lady told us they had no seats available. However, we could have a seat on their 2nd floor and finish our meal before 0930pm as they had another group coming in. I told her it was fine as long as the chefs could cook quickly enough for us.
Then the Indian restaurant manager showed up and said sorry we have no tables. I reminded him that the lady just said the 2nd floor was empty and we could have our dinner until 0930pm. To my surprise he just flatly refused! Where is the sense of service?
At this point I told him that we had called before coming. As a courtesy, we could have been told that the restaurant is full.
They made us come all the way for this pathetic experience. No sincere apologies even...and imagine missing dinner...staying out 9pm trying to get a cab back.....Never going back to Swagat again!

1  Thank DFB-GWSB
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was attracted to Swagat by the extremely high rating on trip advisor. While I think the rank is overblown, I must admit that it was an enjoyable meal with a high level of attention from both the manager and the chef.
A few observations:
-Affordable price meal that is delicious.
-somewhat meager décor
-this establishment is not at the level of "Made In China" or "Capitol M" but I don't think they are really trying for that level.
-high ranking must be put in the context of the pricepoint. While very good, it's not fine dining.
If you are on a budget and looking for an alternative, this is your place. It's not a business dinner destination of overly romantic...

1  Thank peterm312
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Colourful, warm, intricate friendly and delicious - a treat for all senses and a lovely little piece of India in the east :)

1  Thank Foodie A