Sofu Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Tianshi Hotel(Beijing)
Jintai Hotel(Beijing)
View Hotel
All reviewsboutique hotelhutong streetmetro stationwe booked a deluxe roomoriental stylelake areaairport taxilimited englishhutong lifevery comfortable stayminute walkauthentic hutongrestaurant downstairsforbidden cityreal beijingbreakfast includedspoke english
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We looked at numerous hotels and liked the historic feel of the Sofu Hotel. Located in Huguosi Hutong, it is steps away from a metro station. Lots of local family run restaurants in walking distance and didn't feel were were in the middle of a foreign tourist destination. We had a Suite that came with a balcony. Breakfast had limited menu but the staff was eager to please. Our room was spacious, clean with nice bathroom. Very pleased we selected this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room had a balcony
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
SofuHotel, General Manager at Sofu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear138MRP,
we are glad you chose our little boutique hotel and enjoyed being immersed in one of Beijing's most traditional neighborhoods. Huguosi Hutong has an 800-year tradition as a market and food destination and is known amongst Beijing locals as THE snack street in China's capital. Particularly on the weekends, the area is abuzz and offers a great opportunity for people-watching and observing everyday-life one of the few remaining traditional hutongs.
For your information, we will start offering a full breakfast buffet soon as all of our hotel's rooms are coming online at the end of August. Until then, we will continue to serve a la carte choices with both Western and Chinese breakfast options.
Thank you again for your kind words - greetings to California,

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I am quite difficult to give a 5 star evaluation in general because I want the extra mile . This hotel and its staff were able to meet that indeed. What I appreciated was the especially handy staff who helped me with all my requests by not simply solving my problems but improving the quality of the possible solutions. The rooms are very well decorated , absolutely silent and clean as you would expect from this kind of hotels. Yet the decoration has something special in my opinion that you wouldn t find elsewhere.
The position is also strategic and perfect as a business location where to meet people.

Highly recommended. Great experience

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Claude C

Dear Claude C:
Thank you for your kind review - it is always nice to receive encouragement from seasoned travelers like yourself.
Indeed, Sofu is located quite conveniently in the center of Beijing and is only a 2 minute walk away from subway lines 4 & 6 which can whisk guests to all the major Beijing attractions (and business/financial centers) within minutes. Nonetheless, our boutique hotel is nestled in a traditional neighborhood that allows foreign visitors to explore authentic Chinese culture in historic Huguosi Hutong through the many artisan and food establishments lining our street.
We hope to welcome you back to our property in the not too distant future,

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I have travel quite alot and always try to seek out really interesting boutique Hotels. I was certainly not disappointed with the Sofu Hotel. I stayed in a standard room which certainly was not Standard in any way, very comfortable and clean . The welcome I got from hotel staff was really great and the Manager was very visible and most helpful.
I would highly recommend the Sofu to fellow travellers

Room Tip: They all look good to me
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bim66

Dear Bim66:
Thank you for sharing your impressions of your recent stay with us with the tripadvisor community. Your kind feedback is very much appreciated!
As you correctly noted, our boutique hotel strives to differentiate itself from larger properties by providing a more proactive and individualized service level to our guests. We are glad to hear that we succeeded in doing just that in your case.
My team and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Huguosi Hutong on your next trip to China's capital!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The hotel was less than 5 mins walk from the metro, and located in one of China's many Hutongs. There were many small eateries and bakery along the road outside offering local dishes. The staff at the hotel were very friendly and keen to help us organize our day trip to the great wall and Ming Tombs.Rooms were very comfortable, spacious, and nicely decorated. However, one of our rooms had limited wifi access and housekeeping forgot to replace our 2 bottles of complementary water and shower mats on some days.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cwng95
SofuHotel, General Manager at Sofu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Cwng95:
There is nothing more rewarding to read for a GM than a guest praising the service efforts of the hotel's team members. Going the extra mile is one of the main principles of our boutique property and while we get it wrong on occasion (my apologies for the water not being replaced), it should never be for lack of trying to be pro-active.
We are glad you made it back safely to Singapore - hopefully your travel itineraries will allow you to visit with us some day in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is the third time I have stayed here and every time I am still amazed by the large rooms and super comfy beds. I love the decorations in the room. My first room had a shark on the ceiling and a view of the Hutong. Was nice to wake up to the Hutong noise the next morning!

The restaurant on the first floor has the best thin crust pizza I have had in Beijing. There spaghetti is also really good. Do not waste time trying the chicken nuggets. McDonalds is better.

The location is great. Only a few minute walk from two main subway lines- line 4 and line 6. If you really like to walk, you can walk to Tiananmen Square, Beihai, houhai and many other tourist attractions. The hutongs (small alleyways) where the hotel is located are full of local street food and snacks. All must try and see things in Beijing.

Definitely recommend anyone that wants an enjoyable stay with good service and convenient location to stay here!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Dingdongdvh

Dear DingDong:
Thank you for your complimentary feedback and for taking the time to share it with the tripadvisor community.
As we are a boutique hotel, none of our rooms are quite the same in terms of style and layout, but overall they are indeed on the larger side as far as Beijing properties are concerned
I forwarded your praise of the dishes to the Food & Beverage team - they do a fantastic job, particularly with Western dishes such as sandwiches, salads, pizzas and pastas. This is a nice option to have for travelers who may have "overdosed" on all the local delicacies available up and down the street from us.

We hope to welcome you back soon,
Your Sofu Team