Wanda Vista Beijing
New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
US$253
Free cancellation until 01/06
US$183
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$206/night.

US$280
US$230
US$143
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$163/night.

US$114
US$91
  • Restaurant
US$171
US$113
1,605 results
All reviewssofitel beijingsofitel brandstar hotelpillow menuthe club loungebreakfast buffetplatinum memberbeautiful hotelhotel experiencesilk marketbusiness districtexecutive floorbusiness tripsubway stationbusiness hotelforbidden citywalmart
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I tried something new for my second stop in Beijing. I wanted to try out a hotel in the CBD and chose this one for its lower prices. The lobby was grand. The rooms were stylishly furnished. I tried room service and was very satisfied with the food.

There seems to be too many new Western hotels in Beijing and my taxi didn't know this one. The name Wanda got us to the vicinity and I found it visually.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Betty L, Personal Assistant to General Manager at Wanda Vista Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Dear Zoglets,
Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
Hope you can visit us again in the near future.
Have a nice day!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Betty L, Personal Assistant to General Manager at Wanda Vista Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Reviewed 20 July 2013

I stayed in the hotel twice while on business in Beijing.

The quality of the decoration, the size of the rooms and the relatively reasonable room rate (compared to other big city luxury hotels in Asia) are very positive aspects. There is a good choice of quality restaurants in the hotel. I tried the room service menu on one occassion, it was a bit on the pricey side for China but the quality of what I had was good.

The king size bed in my room was very comfortable and the pillow menu that the hotel offers is a pleasant surprise and nice touch. They have all kind of pillows on offer if you do not like the very soft type that the rooms are equiped with. I choose a special type that is partially made of green tea leaves, there are lot's more to choose from on the menu and I'll give another type a shot next time I stay at the hotel.

Tiananmen square and the Forbidden City are a short taxi ride away (depending on traffic) and there is quality shopping in the area. Given this, I believe the hotel is a well located in regards to sightseeing and shopping also.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Betty L, Personal Assistant to General Manager at Wanda Vista Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Dear Sito_Journey,
Very happy to read your comments on TripAdvisor.
Glad to see you enjoyed our facilities and had a good time in Beijing.
I will share your recognition with all our staff which will surely serve as an encouragement.
Looking forward to your next stay and have a nice week ahead!

Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

If to use a five star hotel standard to rate this hotel, Sofitel is again a disappointment.

- inefficient front desk staff: we arrived in groups however only two front desk staff handling the whole group (around 8 guests waiting) they did not acknowledge you. weren't us transparent?

- reluctant concierge: wanted to book a taxi from outside of Sofitel to the airport. Concierge immediately say no. But I know there is an Apple App in Beijing to book taxi. I need to ask for a several times before they can use iPad to book for me.

- breakfast choice: very limited. Thet even use concentrete juice!

- mosquitoes in room: you know what O meant. How can you sleep at night with mosquito siren all night.

Overall, this hotel is quite aged. There are many empty boxes in your room without putting things inside. If you want to look for a particular thing it will take you sometime to look at each box.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear True_Hotelier,
Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor.
I apologize that we brought you such an unhappy experience. Please rest assured that I have already shared your feedback with related department heads for their improvement and follow up.
Hope you could give us another chance to serve you better in the future.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Nice hotel decoration, and excellent breakfast. Rooms are lovely, but the toiletry has been downgraded. Hard to get taxi from the hotel, and could not see the Door staff managed well. Did not get friendly departure, and felt the staff did not care.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better rooms. Defintely non-smoking rooms in this hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Amy R

Dear Amy R,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us on TripAdvisor.
Sorry that we gave you the impression of lacking care. Actually our goal is to serve our guests from the heart and make our guests feel like home.
Besides I am glad to see you like our decoration, rooms and breakfast. Please rest assured that I have already shared all your feedback with related department heads for their follow up and improvement.
Thank you for your kind notice.