“Good Location”

Sofitel Wanda Beijing
Ranked #47 of 6,565 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 2 October 2010

Very good location clean and nicely presented hotel.
Front desk is under trained and slow
maybe a bit of training could assist!
Shower design is poor! Don't try to turn it on as you can't get to the taps without getting wet, so once you have it on and want to adjust you either burn or freeze yourself.
Buffet breakfast and dinner is very nice but over 3 nights they didn't change even 1 dish.So if your the chef you have got an easy life.
Either way hotel is very good,but would think the General Manager
needs to start working.

• Stayed: September 2010

Reviewed 26 August 2010

Sofitel can be excellent to poor - like the one in Bangkok (Silom Road, fabulous! Central Plaza, tired and old). This is new and looks lavish from outside but once you get in, not everything is great. Reception is manned poorly, max 3 and most of the time 3 for this large scale. Our room looked fab when we entered and turned out lots of cheap furniture falling apart, including our bathroom (had to call for maintenance twice - bathroom don't flush, shower didn't work). After staying at the great Longemont in Shanghai, I wonder if every country has to have a chain hotel. A local can do better?

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2010

I am so glad that I decided to stay at the Sofitel. I've had such good success with other Sofitels in the past and this one was the absolute best. It took a while to figure out where I should stay to see all of the attractions. This hotel is only two blocks away from the nearest subway entrance. You can easily navigate the subways from this location.

My check-in was very quick and courteous. As I waited I simply admired the grand entrance and how beautiful the hotel was. Very impressive. My room was one of the nicest 5 star hotel rooms that I have ever stayed in. Marble bathroom, quartz tiled shower, beautiful dark wood desk and the wallpaper was gorgeous. I had an amazing view of the CCTV building and of the Choayang district. The whole room felt rich and decadent and the bed was one of the MOST comfortable I've ever slept on.

One of the best parts of the hotel was the M bar. It's on the 6th floor I think and was a world class vodka bar. Live music and DJ, super friendly staff. Honestly I didn't want to leave after a week. I will be going back as soon as I can. On my last day I took to the spa and indulged in a two hour massage. It was one of the best massages I've ever had, the ambiance in the room was second to none.

I can't imagine having a better experience in another hotel in Beijing. I won't even bother trying to find a better one. This hotel exceeded all of my expectations and the most amazing part was that it wasn't expensive! About a 100 dollars a night and worth every penny.

The hotel is directly next door to wal-mart, not that I was too excited about that but if you need something its there. Also, its within walking distance to Wangfujing, the NICEST mall in the world. Not the biggest, but, the NICEST. I have never seen more luxury brands in one building in my life. The only thing Wangfujing is missing is Louis Vuitton and its within walking distance of the Sofitel also. On the lower level of Wangfujing is subway access so that you can continue on to your sight seeing without walking back outside.

The Sofitel in Chaoyang is one of the nicest hotels you will find in Beijing. Excellent location and I bet you won't want to leave either.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 August 2010

Love the Le Pre Lenotre restaurant and been staying in this hotel many many times, service is not too bad and love the club room. Recommended

Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2010

Hotel is beautiful, really nice lobby, fantastic large pool, gym. Rooms are spacious and very stylish. I got a good 3 nights for the price of 4 deal on the Sofitel website.
Service is good, English not as prevalent as in Shanghai hotels but there is enough staff who speak it to suffice.
I would only slightly fault the location, its about 4km from Forbidden City area and Sanlitun so not ideal. Cabs and subway are cheap but as a solo traveller I would have preferred to be able to pop out and night for food and a stroll without straying too far (not because its not safe, I felt very safe, but for convenience) That said if your in a couple or group the location will not be that big an issue as you'll be out in the evening more so won't mind cabbing it.
So in summary very nice hotel good value for high end just consider location for your circumstances, you may want to consider somewhere more central (which will be more expensive for a similar standard hotel!)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2010

I stayed at the hotel for four nights when I arrived in China after travelling throughout Japan. From the moment I checked in the service was infallible. There was an incident where my credit card was retained at an ATM and the hotel staff (one in particular) literally bent over backwards to assure my card was returned, on a public holiday also. All staff speak great English too, which I know sounds arrogant of me to say, however when things go wrong like what happened with my credit card, this is such a great relief.

I stayed in a club room and The rooms are immaculate, complimentary evian water, l'occitane bathroom amenities, 2 TVs, rooms cleaned three times a day, 45 channels on the TVs and about 15 in english. The club lounge, too, was fantastic. Breakfast in the mornings (either in the lounge or the main buffet) and evening canapes and cocktails. The food and the service was absolutely lovely. Pay the little extra for a club room, because it truly is worth it.

The hotel is about 10 mins walk to Da Wang Lu subway station and walmart is right next door. I have to say staying at this hotel made my stay in Beijing a truly unforgettable one. Book a hotel car to the airport, they're only 580 rmb and it takes only 20 mins and they arrange an airport representative to meet you at the airport. Nothing is beyond possibility when it comes to service at this hotel!!! MUST STAY in Beijing

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 June 2010

The room was very modern, clean and had everything in it you would need--tea pot, robe, slippers and nice toiletries. You could do everything, like closing the drapes and curtains, with the push of a button, which was very convenient. In the bathroom the shower and the toilet were in separate rooms, which was very nice. There was a tv above one end of the bathtub. There was a large selection at breakfast. I found the staff in the hotel very welcoming. The area around the hotel is very busy and commercial, but the room was very quiet. It was fun having a Wal-Mart so close to the hotel to be able to see all the local products.

• Stayed: May 2010