Beijing Hotel
US$121
US$401
US$361
1,202 results
All reviewstiananmen squarechange roomscomfortable roomlanguageminibar
Reviewed 25 May 2014

For a so-called five star hotel, I was very disappointed in this hotel. The rooms were very dated, no wifi at all in the rooms, and the hallway on the 9th floor was very smelly - it constantly had an strong odor of seaweed and ammonia. The service was so-so, with very few speaking English, and the restaurants were overpriced. On the plus side, the included breakfast in the cafe was the best I've ever seen in any hotel - the range of selection and tasty food was very impressive.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I was told that Beijing Hotel is THE place to stay . As one enters the courtyard there are three buildings , the one in the centre is the Raffles Beijing and on Right is the Beijing Hotel . I was booked at the Beijing Hotel. For a moment I thought that both hotels were the same , but they were different hotels but same ownership I was told by Government.

I was totally disappointed . None of the Front office staff smile and later I discovered that neither do the concierge(if you find one) , Waiters . The room is large but there is no elegance in the decor . Worst was to come - there is no WIFI. Something surprising because all hotels I have stayed in China has Free WIFI . Breakfast spread is quite uninteresting. I asked for an omelette. The "chef" at the table gave me a blank look despite asking several times. Finally another person came and told me that I would have to wait for at least twenty minutes for one

There were two colleagues with me who had booked for 5 Nights. They checked out the very next day .

Room Tip: My room was overlooking a courtyard and could see other rooms from my room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Five night stay at the Beijing Hotel was part of our month long vacation in China. We were very excited about staying there based on the online description. It turned out to be a total disappointment! How did it ever showed up as 4.5 stars on the web in a mystery. The carpet was so filthy and stained, one is afraid to walk on it. The staff were rude and cold. We had the misfortune to time our stay the same period that the semi-annual congressional meetings(?) was taken place at the same hotel. We felt we were being watched at all times from the security, the plain clothes men, etc. Each time we re-enter the hotel, we had to be screened and body scanned, sometimes the "officials" shamelessly push us aside in order to get ahead of us. The most inconvenience was no Wi-Fi in room except in the lobby area which was constantly occupied by the media. No place to work. We asked if we could work at the nearby empty breakfast area, was rudely told that we had to buy something first. The breakfast had very limited menu, unappetizing, cold food hot, hot food cold, dried pastries. No one walked around to refill coffee/tea cups. The swimming pool had many missing tiles and the water temp was uneven. There were icy-cold spots and warm spots throughout. The location is the only positive point for this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This hotel certainly wasn't 'bad', but it's shouldn't be considered a 5-star. The rooms are dated, long overdue for a renovation. The high ceilings are nice, but they draw attention to the decor.
I'd compare the breakfast to that at the Holiday Inn Express, so certainly not worth the extra charge. The service is acceptable, but you can do so much better in Beiing for the same price. The Hyatt is a block away and a far better choice. The Beijing Hotel's location, however, is perfect: just next to the Forbidden City.
(also, 'Tank Guy', from the infamous 1989 incident, was filmed from a room in this hotel).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This hotel is very pretty in the lobby and resturants, but the actual rooms are filthy! The bathroom smelled like a septic tank! I had to keep the door to it closed and a towel placed under it to try to keep the odor from infiltrating the room. The carpet was sticky from years of not being cleaned. The staff is rude and impatient. Just awful.

• Stayed: November 2013