“Great location, fantastic price”

Days Inn Forbidden City Beijing
Ranked #156 of 6,531 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 23 February 2009

I stayed at Days for 7 nights in February 2009. and I must say, I'm very impressed.
It is well located, being half way between Forbidden City and Wangfujing Street (about 10mins walk to either). And as per all reviews I have read, the taxi driver had difficulty finding the place, even though I had the name, address & location map in Chinese.
I would give this place a 4 star rating. The room was very clean, with a modern bathroom; and the free broadband in the room was a major plus. The reception staff were always willing to help out, and there was always at least one staff member available that had very good English skills.
The buffet breakfast was very good yet slightly pricey, but it was convenient.
The next time I stay in Beijing, Days Inn will definitely be at the top of my list of places to stay.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank SoupR
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Forbidden City Beijing

Reviewed 17 February 2009

We had a nice time in this hotel the staff were very nice. Food was good it varies every morning except the bacon.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 February 2009

The reviews here at Trip Advisor is really helpful. I booked the DayInn Hotel after reading the reviews from this site. And I would say, I'm more than satisfied. The Hotel is rated as 3 star, but I would give a 4 star for this. The Room is cozy, clean, and modern. The bathroom is spacious, and I like the shower, its this new type rain thing... The reception is not big or elegant as those five star hotels, but they give such efficient service. There buffet breakfast is good, and I also recommend their lunch buffet. It's nice, and not pricey. The place is located in the center of a busy district. Very convenient to most of the places and tourist attraction like Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Wangfujing Shopping district... all are walking distance, don't worry, its about 15 mins. walk. But you can always take a cab around., its cheap and it won't burn a hole in your pocket. Lastly, the most famous Peking restaurant "QuanJuDe" is located in Wangfujing. Just ask the reception to help you call the restaurant for an advance reservation, so that you are sure to have seat reserve for you before you go... or else the place is always packed with travelers and you'll have to wait a long line. Overall, its a nice experience staying at Forbidden City Days Inn Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank abingsyu
Reviewed 10 February 2009

My family and I stayed at the Days Inn Forbidden City in Dec. 2008.

Overall, I would recommend the hotel.

I'm used to the idea of a days inn in the US being a motel grade quality. Well, this particular days inn is much better than the typical US days inn. It's probably more like a Holiday Inn in the US.

We had a total of 5 rooms (each having 2 twins) and they were all of varying sizes. Some had more space than the others. Unfortunately, they were all charged at the same price.

The location is pretty good since it's close to the subway and Wangfujing area.

For some strange reason, all the female receptionists were much more helpful than any of the male ones. This was the opinion that my entire family had (all 10 of us). The female receptionists just seemed more willing to provide assistance.

If you're looking to stay near the Wangfujing area, then I would recommend this hotel. If you just need a good basic hotel in the Beijing area, then I would recommend the Ibis at Sanyuanqiao.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank toseetheworld
Reviewed 10 January 2009

We stayed at this hotel in March 2008. Our cab driver had a difficult time finding our hotel as the entrance is a little awkward. We had the address written in Mandarin but the cab driver still had a difficult time finding the hotel. I believe we had to drag our bags through an alley a bit to get to the front entrance.

The hotel is in a great location. Very close to the Tianmmen Square and the Forbidden City. Also within walking distance to Wafujing. We were able to take a short walk to watch the flag raising in Tiananmen square.

The hotel staff were helpful for the most part. Not necessarily fluent in English, but they could speak enough that we were able to get by to check in.

The hotel room was nicer then we expected. The washroom was nice. The room was small, but we didn't expect a spacious room for the price.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Girl500
Reviewed 6 January 2009

For a family of four, a couple and 2 toddlers, days inn forbidden is ideal and comfortable. Walking distance to wangfujing and forbidden, the homey atmosphere and friendly people of the hotel are a welcome respite every time one arrives from a day-long tour. The bedroom is warm and cozy. The bathroom is not exceptional but spick and span. There's broadband and wi-fi. The restaurant offers tsingtao and yangjin beers, good for nightcap. Food is superb if a bit expensive but worth it. Hats off to SONNY -- who took the extra effort to serve as a guide and butler -- the friendly and courteous waiter in the restaurant. I owe you 14 rmb for the taxi ride. You're an asset to the hotel. Keep it up!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2009

I have just returned from my solo travel for 7 days at the Days Inn Forbidden City Beijing. It was quiet but yet not too far from main roads. Location was fantastic, minutes walk to the WangFujing, Tian'anmen SQ, etc, subway station, bus stops with buses that goes to many places of interest.

Nearest subway is Tian'anmen Dong, take exit B. Turn left, walk along Chiangan dajie, crossed one main road, turn left on junction of Nanheyen dajie, walk for about 1 minute, you'll see the Inn on your left.

Area is safe. The room is clean & cosy. Staff are friendly and helpful.

Overall, i would say that it's beyond my expectation.

• Stayed: December 2008