“Good Hotel for Reasonable Price”

Days Inn Forbidden City Beijing
Ranked #146 of 6,474 Hotels in Beijing
Edmonton, Canada
“Good Hotel for Reasonable Price”
Reviewed 16 June 2009

We spent three nights in this hotel during our recent visit to Beijing. We got a very good price booking through ctrip.com. Taxi charged 100 Yuan from the Airport which includes the toll fee. The driver had a little difficulty of finding the hotel as it is located in a side street. Walking distance to Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Wangfujing Street and Subway station. Front desk staff is very helpful and friendly. I am not really impressed with the quality of the room. ( Hard mattresses and some areas of the room need renovation). However we used the room only for sleeping in the night as we have a busy schedule during the day time. Breakfast buffet has western and Chinese food which we really enjoyed. Considering the price we paid and location, I am really happy with our stay in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne
Reviewed 9 June 2009

My partner and I stayed here after checking this website. 5 minute walk to Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. 10 minute walk in the other direction and you're on Wangfuling Shopping Street. One warning: Don't use Taxi's at the hotel, wave one down in the front street, they are much cheaper. Also beware of the the locals out the front waiting to take you on their bikes..... they take you the long way to where you want to go and then demand a lot of money. We had to threaten them with the police. They told us the price was 3RMB and then when we got to the square they demanded 300RMB. Staff in the bar are very friendly and happy our is fantastic, buy one get one free...... Nothing is too much trouble. The walk to Shopping Mall is pleasant as is the Walking Street Market although most of the stuff is the same in each stall

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kezza56
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 June 2009

Using the Days Inn Forbidden City's free internet as I type! Recommend his hotel to anyone visiting Beijing. 5 minute walk to Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. 10 minute walk in the other direction and you're on Wangfuling Shopping Street. Ideally located for the sightsee'er! Rooms are clean and modern. Affordable. Will stay here the next time I'm in Beijing! Recommend this hotel to one and all!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank jaywaterhouse
Ribeirao Preto, SP
Reviewed 24 May 2009

Been there for 4 nights last April. Really liked the location, breakfast, size of the room, cleanliness, amenities. Also a flat screen TV, minifridge and safe box in the room, and two complimentary bottles of water everyday in your room. So far everything perfect.
The only complain that I have is related to the day when I had the buffet lunch at the Hotel (which is good and unexpensive: 48 yuan); they charged me 28 yuan for a bottle of Coke (which costs 2 or 3 yuan in the streets) ! So if you decide to have lunch at the Hotel, check the price of the beverages first, or you'll have a bad surprise (like me).
Anyhow, I recommend the Hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank BrazilBackpack
Washington, DC
Reviewed 16 May 2009

I spent 3 nights at this hotel 4-29 -> 5-2. I've re-read thru a couple reviews and generally agree with what I've read. The room I had was small with a hard bed, but reasonably nice. I had a fridge and safe, altho I never spotted a hair dryer. It really is right around the corner from tianammen (sp) square, forbidden city and wanfujing (sp) walking street etc, so it is a nice spot for independant travelers. I found the staff for the most part reasonably friendly, including front desk, restaurant and business center. They probably would have preferred to sell more tours and tickets to me, but were never rude or dismissive. I booked directly thru Days Inn website for what I thought was a good rate of around 500rmb per nite. It included a quite decent breakfast buffet (western and asian food, changed a bit from day to day.) I appreciated all the more as it was my last included breakfast in my China hotels. I also had dinner and room service from the hotel a few times and it was fine. I would steer away from the little convenience shop in the hotel, you can buy your drinks from any one of multiple convenience stores or stands on the (main) street outside the Days Inn (the one the restaurant faces.) Also, I had no problems checking in or out with the desk but that may be partially due to booking thru the Days Inn website (I generally prefer booking directly with hotels rather than 3rd parties.)

There are other much lusher appearing hotels around the corner, so I would weigh the price and amenities of the Days Inn against the other hotels in making a decision. In short, it's pretty good, no reason to avoid, not sure whether you need to make a mad rush for it either.

(Carpets were oddly messy in hallway. Also had two incidents with people - housekeeping, and man trying to enter my room while I was in there. Keep your bolts on while in room.)

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank Ms.Travels
Baroda
Reviewed 16 May 2009

My wife and I spent three wonderful days at Days Inn. The staff were efficient and courteous and spoke good English. The hot breakfast was very good. The location was very convenient, close to historical places of interest. Tours were efficiently arranged by the hotel staff. The rooms were clean and adequately furnished, perhaps the air conditioner could have been better placed as we got a draft throughout the night. We shall definitely stay at the Hotel when we next visit Beijing and recommend it highly.

• Liked — Friendliness of staff
  • Disliked — Draft from air conditioner
  • Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank ssvee
Hamburg
Reviewed 15 May 2009

We stayed at the Days Inn Forbidden City for a week. The hotel is difficult to find if you don't have the address in Chinese, and even then, some Taxi-drivers had trouble finding it during the week.
When you arrive, the hotel looks very inviting, but this is not reflected in the rooms.
We had booked a special rate, but when we arrived we were told that it is old and we would get a new rate. After several discussions, we were finally told that they would check with the booking service and in the end, we received our initial rate. The staff speaks poor English, which might be enough, but when it comes to problems, that is quite difficult. The room might have been hygienically clean, but the carpet was stained and the bathroom did not look very inviting. Houskeeping did a good job though and I did not feel uncomfortable.
We did not try the food.
I believe for a couple more bucks, we could have gotten something better.

• Stayed May 2009