“Very BAD experience!”

Ranked #2,748 of 6,463 Hotels in Beijing
malaysia
“Very BAD experience!”
Reviewed 26 March 2010

I stayed in this hotel for one week in Mar2010. The hotel location is good, within 5-min walk to Wangfujing Street and the subway. However I must say that the hotel itself is extremely disappointing. The staff do not know English and I have to resort to communicating with them with my limited Mandarin knowledge. The staff are not friendly and there were couple of times my phone calls to the front desk were not picked up at all (called at 11pm++ and 5am++)! On my second day there, I found an additional dirty hand towel neatly folded on the vanity top. The towel was so badly stained that I just left it as it was for the remaining of my stay, the towel has never been removed by the cleaner. On the day when I checked out, the staff accused me of contaminating the towel and wanted compensation to be deducted from the 200Yuan deposit! They even showed me the log book that the cleaner filled up to prove that the towel was indeed contaminated by me and that she’s left it there in the room. I had to spend 20min defending myself and when I finally asked to speak to their manager, they couldn’t contact her at that time (6am). They finally spoke to someone on the phone and returned my 200Yuan deposit, without a single word, or Sorry from them. Overall I’m extremely not happy with the way the hotel accused its customers without properly questioning their own cleaners if they’ve made a mistake in the log book.
So, if you're planning to stay i this hotel for its location and low price, be on the alert and immediately report to front desk if you find something unsual in the room. I wonder how many times they've used the same tactic on their customers too.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple

Solo
China
Reviewed 3 February 2009

Booked via Ctrip. Chose hotel for its location, proximity to 2 Beijing subway lines (#1 and #5) and behind Oriental Plaza, reasonable cost, and free in room Internet access.
Internet access was a major problem; it was accessible only 2 out of a 5 day stay, and the elevator was put on maintenance 2 out of 5 days (guests had to walk up and down the fire stairs). These two issues would prevent me from repeating a stay as having Internet access is important and stair climbing was inefficient. I was asked to try other rooms but all of them had Internet problems and the tech staff was not able to fix them.

Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank ChangErChina

Travellers are raving about these Beijing hotels

Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed 7 November 2007

location is great, it's at the back of oriental plaza [literally]. and i just found out it's beside grand hyatt. it's indirectly located in wangfujing -- there's a road from the hotel to the main wangfujing chaos. due to small area though and the parking space being pretty much full, it was inconvenient for the car we hired to enter the hotel property.

rooms are great, enough for the price.. which at the time was around 400-450rmb/night. i think this was one of the cheaper ones i could find given the location and the amenities my little group wanted. the rooms and bathrooms were clean.

staff were ok, and as usual, i'm not that picky about hotel staff. i don't need them to bow to me or be on my service 24/7. i just need them to do their job and not neglect their guests when they need something.

i would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — cleanliness, location
  • Disliked — not enough space on parking area
  • Stayed April 2006, travelled with family