“Really nice place to stay.”

Double Happiness Beijing Courtyard Hotel
Ranked #11 of 6,565 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

I was in Beijing for 3 days and 2 nights. From the moment I arrived to the moment I left the staff was really nice and helpful. The room is lovely, never cold although it was winter and really clean. The courtyard is pretty but in the winter you can't really enjoy it (I will have to come back). The breakfast was good, varied. My only problem was that they forgot to give the "breakfast to go" that I asked due to yhe fact that my train was departing at 6 am. (And I checked out a 5am). I really recommend this hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Martha R

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed five nights in a big courtyard room. For our kids this was their first time in China, and the lay-out and decor of the hotel made their chinese fantasy come true.

Room was spacios and comfortable, breakfast good and well assorteted. Service at front desk always super. Very friendly, sharing advise etc. Front desk helped us with dinner bookings and a driver to the Great Wall.

TIP: use their airport pick-up service, and you are sure to be taken to the door of the hotel. Not all taxi drivers want to drive their car up the narrow street.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Clara H
Reviewed 10 March 2014

A small hotel with rooms off courtyards. Rooms small but adequate and decorated in Chinese style. Small bar with meals available. Breakfast Room and food - very good. A nice intro to my visit to China. Good location.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank WendyCole
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Loved this place - was travelling on my own, but would definitely take family & friends back to this warm, inviting, traditionally Chinese inspired hotel. It is nestled away in a darkened, narrow lane way, so try to arrive during day light hours; walking alone down an unknown, lone alley trying to find this place in the middle of the night was a little disconcerting. I did happen to meet a few young locals along the way and they read the address I had & pointed me in the right direction - a safe area, but if you do arrive in the night by taxi have the driver take you all the way to the front door. The bedrooms are delightful, comfortable and exactly what I needed at the end of my travels (Wi-Fi included). The price is mid range, the breakfast was Asian styled & plentiful, and the staff were welcoming & helpful. This place is definitely worth the little bit of extra effort it takes to find it.

Room Tip: There are stairs & no lifts, so if you can't or don't feel climbing stairs with your lug...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Brooke H
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This is a fantastic hotel. the decor is beautiful and breakfast is great. the staff speaks english and always very helpful. The wifi was surprisingly fast. The staff... a special thanks to the front office staff for helping us with our train tickets!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank gerome m
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Makes a welcome change from the mainstream westernised hotels that I have stayed in. The street that it is located in is not the prettiest but if you can put this aside this place oozes charm and character. I would love to give this a whirl when its a bit warmer as the rooms encircle a traditional courtyard where there are tables and chairs so you can laze around and chat to other travellers. If you are a cracked tile freak or looking for an ultra modern bathroom then this is perhaps not the place for you but if you are looking for a one-off experience reminiscent of old china then give this place a go. O.K the TV reception isn't good but who cares they had one of the best stocked mini bars that I have come across during my travels,

Room Tip: Just enjoy the experience. Have a drink in the bar and then go and wander. I know the small ramshack...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sparky1234529
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Double Happiness was a hotel that amazed us during our 4 night stay here. For the price that we paid, the hotel exceeded our expectations. The hotel facilities included Wi-Fi which was free along with a wonderful and plentiful breakfast. Our room was a clean haven in this modern hotel. The hotel location was perfect with the Dong Si metro station and subway station close by along with various shops and restaurants to try out. We got to experiment and indulge ourselves when it came to food. We felt quite safe here. The staff made this hotel like home for us. The staff was very warm and friendly though they were not very well versed in English. We felt at ease here during our stay. The hotel was light on our pockets. Avoid the taxi as they can be a bit costly as compared to other forms of commute.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple