1,963 results
All reviews wedding suite dongsi subway station family room traditional chinese furniture narrow alley chinese experience traditional hotel forbidden city taxi driver real china beijing hutong modern amenities dumplings loved this hotel small hotel spoke good english free internet
Reviewed 7 December 2017

This was such a unique experience that I really enjoyed. The hotel is exactly what I was hoping for; old, quirky, but comfortable and staffed by helpful and friendly people. I would definitely recommend it.

The Hutong neighborhood was a real plus for me. I didn't mind the walk to and from the subway, and I found that the walks through the alley (which was totally safe and interesting) in the morning and evening to be a quiet and enjoyable respite from the bustle of the city just a few blocks away. Watch out for bikes!

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was varied and I always found something to enjoy. I also appreciated the tea set in the room, and made sure to use it every day.

Thank you for a great stay!

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask the folks at the front desk for help. They are happy to do it, and way smarter than the tourists!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank 19Stevenson86
Reviewed 3 December 2017

Rooms were cozy, with complete chinese decorations, although with less wardrobes. Heating/AC is abosolutely fine. Wifi is very bad, most of the times not works with usual apps like wechat. breakfast is good, staff behavior is excellent, nice english speaking people. The hotel location is inside one of typical hutong, close to Wangfujing St, not really very close to Tiananmen Sq/For City. If anyone looks for cozy chinese traditional stay, perfect choice. Showers are excellent. Have inside bar.

Room Tip: mostly the rooms are good and around a courtyard.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Niladri B
Reviewed 28 November 2017

Outstanding front desk staff, who were helpful in providing directions and making tour reservations. Absolutely charming courtyards. Loved the collections of books and magazines left by previous guests. My small room very nicely decorated. The best breakfasts of my trip across Russia, Mongolia and China.

The major shortcoming is that this hotel is halfway down a long, not always pleasant alley. In deciding whether or not to stay here please be aware of this, as you will deal with it each day. At the same time, this location away from a main street contributes to a quiet nights sleep.

Room absolutely clean; great work by the housekeeping staff.

Many things to recommend this quaint and off-beat hotel.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Andrew E
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

We wanted to stay in a good traditional hutong and this was just perfect. Loved every bit of it , the decor , the room, the location and the service. The breakfast was really good and they had quite a variety. The rooms were lovely and we loved the traditional decor and furniture. The best was the room service. To our surprise everything was neatly done and they had even rolled up all the chargers ! Top notch service and they spoke good English. Every receptionist was helpful and cheerful.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here as a couple in room 78. The room was comfortable and had all the amenities we have found in other hotels. The difference was it was in a traditional Chinese style. The breakfast was good and had a nice choice. Our room was in a courtyard. To get to the hotel you had to walk along a narrow lane which other than the fact we were tired after a day of sightseeing was never an issue.
The road at the entrace to the lane was full of shops and restaurants of different oriental tastes. We ate in four different types and on each occasions we appeared to be the only tourists in there. No problem what so ever.
The staff at the hotel can only be described as wonderful my wife celebrated her birthday whilst she was there and they arranged a fantastic surprise for her. They couldn't do enough for you.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple