“Good hotel; close to subway and attractions”

JW Marriott Hotel Beijing
Ranked #11 of 6,528 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed here for the weekend and upgraded to have club access. Overall the standard of the hotel is good, but it does come at a price. But that is China these days.

Breakfast at the main restaurant was extensive but slightly let down by the attitude of the waiter. Clearly he didn't want us to put our dirty cultery on the plates when he took them away, but there was no need for him to virtually throw them on the table in front of us.

Breakfast at the club was reasonable and you can order eggs to be made how you want them (the scrambled eggs looked unappetising).

The gym is extensive with 6 running machines. We weren't there at peaks times (being there over a weekend) so cannot comment on how busy it does (or doesn't) get.

My regret was not to bring my bathing costume. The pool is alongside the gym and is a decent size for swimming laps. It would have been perfect for the day after our trek along the Great Wall!

Room Tip: Higher up rooms get a better view (when its not smoggy)
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SLLushi
There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Hotel Beijing

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I stayed at this property for almost 2 weeks at the beginning of September, I was in Beijing on business.
The room was wonderful - large and well-appointed, with lots of thoughtful touches. The desk area is spacious and has all the power outlets and plugs you could look for. The bed was very comfortable. I didn't watch much TV, but the selection of international/English channels was certainly sufficient. The bathroom was great; it has both a tub and a shower. The shower is spacious and and doesn't leak (one of my pet peeves - great looking showers without doors that flood the bathroom). The toiletries are nice, and the hotel provides shower gel, which I prefer over soap.
Staff were very friendly and helpful. I ended up needing a late-evening doctor's appointment for a really bad toothache, and the concierge made sure to send me to a clinic that was open at that time of night and had English-speaking staff.
The hotel location is very convenient, just a short walk from offices, a food court, a subway station and some excellent (and very high-end) shopping malls.
There were really just a couple of downsides to the stay:
- internet was slow and unreliable, both in my room and in the rooms of my colleagues, and we were all staying on different floors,
- while we got a good room rate through our partner company, everything else at the hotel was incredibly expensive; I couldn't even bring myself to order room service - over $30 for pasta with tomato sauce? The breakfast buffet, while very extensive, is $40.
- while I understand that housekeeping want to do a good job (and their attention to detail was phenomenal), I don't need to be called twice to confirm if I have the do-not-disturb light on, and I find turndown service quite intrusive (as well as unnecessary, I can draw my own curtains, thank you very much!)
Useful tip from someone who took a week to figure this out: if you want to turn out the lights below the bathroom vanity, the light switch is actually next to the bed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank miss_vicky_08560
Reviewed 16 September 2013

my husband and I spent 3 nights at this property in August of 2013 at the start of our vacation in Asia. We used Marriott free night certificates for this stay, and are gold elite so had access to the lounge floor and free wifi. The location of the hotel is great, very near to a subway stop and the highway. We were placed on a high floor with a very nice view of the (thankfully) clear Beijing skies. Our room was very clean, as were the hallways and common areas. The bathroom was very large with a great tub/shower (separate), and there was a good amount of english channels on the TV.

Of all the properties we stayed at on this trip (mainly Marriott, Starwood & Hilton), the breakfast here in the club level was the best, and the staff were very friendly/eager to assist. As we used certificates and didn't pay for this stay, we have no complaints and felt very comfortable here. The check-in/out process was also pretty quick and painless. Should we visit Beijing again, we wouldn't hesitate to stay here or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Conveniently located close to the metro station. It is a nicely maintained hotel but expensive. I stayed as it was conveniently located to the local office.The breakfast is varied and it is good for a hotel of this quality. The buffet dinner was ok but could be better, we went close to the closing , an hour before, at the end of the day, the cut fruits were not looking so appealing as in the breakfast. Rooms are spacious and well cleaned/ maintained also.Bed is comfortable. Has extra cables to connect the pc into the tv, if desired. It is located in a high end vicinity with many brand shops and a department store.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I had recently traveled to Beijing on business and had been put up in JW Marriott, Beijing. From the onset, it was a great experience. The check in was smooth and quick. The room was in excellent condition. The location of the hotel is also really good as it sits in the CBD area of Beijing. I stayed there for 14 days, and never had any problems.
Overall, a very good experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Hotel is great and is well placed. Service good quality. Room reasonable but anything else particularly food really expensive. Service in club rooms can be poor and ignorant. Breakfast seems a little limited really. I would stay again but be aware of extras. Get the hotel name in chinese as taxis will not know it otherwise

Room Tip: Go club if you can its worth the extra by the time you factor food and drinks costs.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and 9 year old daughter stayed here in August and found the hotel was very convenient for our needs. We ate breakfast and dinner at the executive lounge and only had to manage lunch on our own. It was a nice selection of Asian and Western food that both the adults and the 9 year old could find something pleasing. They also had fresh baked cookies to takeout! This worked out well for a busy sightseeing day. The pool was very nice. The hotel is across from high-end mall and a subway station. There were two Starbucks within walking distance, but the espresso machine in the executive lounge worked fine. All in all, a nice stay.

Room Tip: The extra we paid for the executive lounge was worth the convenience.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family