JW Marriott Hotel Beijing
US$225
US$204
Orbitz.com
1,865 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeasia bistrocentral mallcru steakhouselobby restaurantbusiness triprecent staylounge staffbreakfast buffetthe ritzhigh end shoppingplatinum membergreat facilitiesbusiness districtmain restaurantspecial thankssubway stop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 September 2009

Nice room at the president floor. A exilent bed, big and comfy.
Big bathroom, spotless clean and nice.

The breakfast not so good, not what you expected at a five star hotel.
Staff have a little to learn about speaking english.
A lot of missunderstandings.

Go and visit Lan Bar!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nilsson
Reviewed 13 August 2009

To be honest, this hotel's rooms are quite nice - spacious, clean and modern decorn. From the design, I can tell they are trying to feature it as business hotel. However, the service for a business traveler is fairly poor.

I have all my important documents on my table while I met a client in their lobby. As I don't want any hotel staff to access these business files, I turned up the "Do not disturb" sign when I left my room. What suprised me is I found my room was cleaned and my documents were filed when I come back from the lounge 3 hrs later. I don't know how many housekeeper were in my room and of course at the same time they helped me to tidy my desk. They just don't understand how to protect the business information and privacy for business travelers.

They are just next to Ritz Carlton but these two hotels are located in the east end of Beijing downtown. I do appreciate its short distance to CBD where most of my clients' offices are. But the area itself is a bit chaotic.......the traffic at the cross in front of the hotel was always terrible and you need your luck to get through it in 15 mins....Don't understand why they build hotel in such a place........

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Peter_Yeong
Reviewed 24 July 2009

I stayed at the JW Marriott for 4 nights for a conference, this is a new, classy hotel with very high quality rooms and facilities (spa is very good). Very quiet, the location is near the large road which crosses all of Beijing's "traffic rings", there's a mall near by and to get to the Forbiden City, attractions and markets you only need to take a taxi for 10-20 minutes (depends on the traffic). Highly recommended!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2009

a modern, clean and well designed hotel.good location.
the food around hotel is very good.
close by the hotel,there is a Sichuan Cusine restaurant called South Beauty.If you like Spicy food,good choice.The big shopping more Shinkong Plaza is good place for brand shopping.6th floor has some other restaurants,we love Dim-sum there called Diingtaifeng.Downstaires,there are lot of food court,very cheap,but very good.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank keifer99
Reviewed 8 July 2009

I've stayed at other JW Marriotts, and was frankly quite unimpressed with this hotel, but mainly it came down to a service issue.

It was difficult to get any help whatsoever from the front desk or concierge. We asked for assistance in planning activities, and it was quite obvious they are used to primarily business travelers, as they couldn't provide recommendations or information on places we asked about; nor did they attempt to find the information. We did receive outstanding service from one staff member at the concierge who arranged a car service for us to the Great Wall and to a recommended restaurant, but only after we tipped him in advance for his efforts.

The room was gorgeous and extremely contemporary, but housekeeping was abysmal. The beds were "made" each morning with a half-hearted attmept at a turndown service and the pillows were tossed on either side of the bed. Our clothes were thrown in a heap on the floor and basic amenities (soap, shampoo) were not replenished until requested on the 4th day of our stay.

The Executive Lounge was great, and though the staff alienated us the first couple days, eventually they remembered us and became quite friendly. Breakfast was decent, but the menu never varied from day to day. The espresso machine was a nice touch, and the cocktail hour was also quite nice, with a good selection of appetizer options.

Although there were some nice city views, and the hotel is located conveniently close and direct to the airport, it's not a good location if you're there to do sightseeing, as it's away from the main attractions. However, it is close to the subway, which is a good choice when traffic is heavy, and was surprisingly easy to navigate in English.

Overall, if you're there for business and not looking for service, it's probably a good choice for you. I just know we wouldn't go back as leisure travelers.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple