“DLT: Clean, pleasant, good location, good price, would stay again”

Da Li Tang Hotel Chongqing
Ranked #179 of 3,103 Hotels in Chongqing
Canada
“DLT: Clean, pleasant, good location, good price, would stay again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2008

I have nothing but good things to say about my experience at this hotel, which I reserved, sight-unseen, over the internet because the price was attractive and I liked the classic Chinese architecture in the internet pix. I spent two days in Chongqing in mid-September 2008, both nights at this hotel. I’m a 69-yr-old Canadian male, and was traveling alone.

Economy: At 712 CNY ($115 CAD) for two nights it was as good as any other 3-5-star hotel in which I stayed during 2 weeks in southern and southwestern China.

Quality: Attractive lobby. The rooms were impeccably clean and well-appointed, the beds (“soft” in Chinese terms, i.e., not just a bare box-spring) were firm and comfortable, internet and buffet breakfast included.

Service: Staff had limited English, but all that I needed, including help getting a train ticket when I left. One morning I arrived 15 minutes late for breakfast, and the staff rustled up something for me from the food that had already been put away.

Convenience: Taxi to and from the main train station, across the river to the north, was 14-16 CNY metered. Less than 1 km walk to the nearest line-1 monorail station, cost 1 CNY to go downtown. I walked one way to the city centre, about 3 non-strenuous km.

Surroundings: Varied, which I liked. It’s just 5 minutes to the Chongqing People’s Great Hall, and across a broad plaza from it, the Three Gorges Museum. All around are buildings of many vintages and qualities, and a richly varied street life of ordinary Chongqing people – outdoor markets, shops, etc. I felt completely safe and comfortable everywhere I went.

If I return to Chongqing, and I hope that I will, I’ll return to the DLT.

• Liked — Great value - four-star accommodation at three-star price
  • Disliked — Nothing
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Travellers also viewed these Chongqing hotels
Somerset Jiefangbei Chongqing
Bosike Hotel
Bosike Hotel
#253 of 3,103 in Chongqing
The Westin Chongqing Liberation Square

Been to Da Li Tang Hotel Chongqing? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Da Li Tang Hotel Chongqing

Property: Da Li Tang Hotel Chongqing
Address: No.173 Renmin Road, Yuzhong District, Chongqing 400015, China
Region: China > Chongqing Region > Chongqing
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #179 of 3,103 Hotels in Chongqing
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:4 star — Da Li Tang Hotel Chongqing 4*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Ctrip TA so you can book your Da Li Tang Hotel Chongqing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.