All reviewslatest recipetoilet areasix monthsshopping plazathe club loungethe check in deskdinner buffetmain restaurantstayed one nightbusiness tripchinese foodenglish speaking stafflobbycitychinawandataxi
Reviewed 6 December 2017

This is a Starwood chain hotel and situated right in the city of Chongqing
I can't much about commute because we were with a private tour group of 20, it seems to be a nice location where you can access to many places around the city
The room is spacious with private bath tub/jacuzzi, free wifi, clean room with very decent amenities
Please note however that some Chinese people still smoke even with "No Smoking" posted, some area in the hotel you can smell it (like elevator!); some rooms are smoking ones. Be sure to request the non-smoking room if you don't smoke, even so, you may still smell trace of smoke' This is the only concern I have
What I like most is breakfast buffet. There are so many choices: both Western and Chinese food are available with so many choices: noodles soup, porridge, vegetables/meat dishes, ham, bacon, sausages, pan cakes, variety of bread and fresh fruit with delicious dessert

Room Tip: Go for non-smoking room
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Annie C, Manager at Le Meridien Chongqing Nan'an, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your recent stay here in Chongqing.We will continue to improve our service quality. Hope to see you again,have a nice day!

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Le Meridien ChongQing Nan'an Deeply refreshed its iamge in my mind this time by perfect service!I choose this hotel for its golden location. When i arrived at lobby,FO Manager Ares show his warmly welcoming personally and professionally as well as well facility my checkin process to save my time,room already well prepared as my preference which give me a wonderful start for this ChongQing trip. During my two days stay,most impressed is Latest Recipe Manager Wilson’s perfect service which totally beyond my expectation!Not only help me quickly book the dinner buffet but also show his extremely high standard service all along the period. Thanks!

Overall,it‘s real wonderful trip of ChongQing in Le Meridien,looking forward to see you again soon!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Annie C, Manager at Le Meridien Chongqing Nan'an, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Dear Guest,Thank you for your valuable comments provided which will help us to be prepared to better serve you in your next arrival. Le Meridien Chongqing Nan'an has indeed the best location within the range of 5 stars hotel in Chongqing Nanping district.We will continue to improve our service quality. Hope to see you again,have a nice day!

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Gorgeous lobby and amazing service. Delicious breakfast buffet with a good mix of east and west. Everything from made to order omelettes to noodle soups. Easily one of the nicest hotels in Chongqing. Theres also an indoor pool and spa.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Annie C, Manager at Le Meridien Chongqing Nan'an, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your recent stay here in Chongqing. We will continue to improve our service quality. Hope to see you again,have a nice day!

Reviewed 24 October 2017

Love the location of this hotel, nearby are 2 large malls where we can shop and find places to eat. We stayed 3nights in Sep17.

The room is not large and although we didnt get any upgrade at all as SPG Plat, thats no big deal. room design is modern and very clean, though it is a tad dimmed. bathroom amenities are excellent, love the scent and quality, however, too bad the size is really small and probably not enough if there are 2 pax in the room. We had to buy our own shampoos, body lotion etc.

My only gripe is crowd control in the hotel. I dont think the hotel is full as I can see availability online. But the wait for lifts took quite long most of time. The worst is probably the daily experience at breakfast. Gosh, had never experience that before, the food option was wide but due to the crowd, you will often that the tray is empty. I tried ordering the made to order egg and goodness, the guy simply ignored me and refused to make and said its not available.

One thing to also note is that before of the crowd, everyone is expected to share table at breakfast. the waitress wont show you to the table and you had to try your luck at getting one, and even if you get one, good chance stangers will just sit right in front of you without asking you if the seat is occupied. so be armed to have people "reserved" the table for you while you get your food as you may well lose your table when you return. Interesting experience I thought :)

A final note: trying to get a local taxi from the hotel is quite tough somehow. we didnt have much luck during our stay where we tried to get taxi to visit the city sightseeing planes, hence for our airport transfer, we ended up arranging for private car instead of relying on my luck to get a normal taxi at the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank do_be_kind
Annie C, Manager at Le Meridien Chongqing Nan'an, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear Guest!Thank you for your valuable comments provided which will help us to be prepared to better serve you in your next arrival. We will inform F&B manager and Concierge manager follow the problem and we will improve our service quality. Hope to see you again,have a nice day!

Reviewed 21 October 2017

As part of a two-week trip to China, my wife and I stayed at this hotel prior to our Yangtze River Cruise. Upon arrival from a late-night flight, the assistant manager welcomed us with warm greetings and even upgraded us to an excellent suite considering our SPG status. The suite, on a high floor with a great view of the city, had a separate living room, bed room, and a spectacular bathroom with a rain shower. The following morning, we noticed that the breakfast was quite busy with a large group. Nonetheless, the staff worked diligently to clear the morning breakfast crowd with smiles. We also observed that several members of the hotel staff have reasonably good English and genuinely care about service to customers - a challenging feat in the Chinese hospitality industry. Clearly, this success should be attributed to the leadership and direction from top down at the Hotel. As business owners, my wife and I compliment the General Manager for this unique distinction. When we arranged for a drop to the pier for our cruise, the Assistant Manager went beyond his call of duty to personally carry our bags to the dock so we could get to the right ship on time! He even followed up with us trip to ensure we had a pleasant stay and due care at other SPG properties. Now that's what we say is true service!

Room Tip: SPG floors on high levels
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Annie C, Manager at Le Meridien Chongqing Nan'an, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your recent stay here in Chongqing. Thank you for your valuable comments provided and we will keep the good service in the future.Hope to see you again,have a nice day!