“a place to visit in Chongqing,”

Chongqing Chaotianmen
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This is the place where both Yangsti and the other river merge, and the Yangsti boat trip starts, they sell ticket for the Yangsi river cruises, tickets are rated from 50 Rmb to 1000 rmb, but the biggest drawback is no advertisement in english, they dont speak english either, I bpught aticket for 50 Rmb, and the trip was for one hr, its worth, easiet way to get to this place is to take metro and walk for 500 meters. THis is a must place to visit

All reviews
"cq"
"passengers"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 26 November 2013

China has undergone an industrial revolution... What happened over a period of two hundred years in Europe, has unfolded in China in ten years.. I have now just had my fifth trip since 2006. In that time I am stunned by the incredible demise of the environment.. Acid rain, choking acrid 'mists'( as the toxic haze is referred to by locals euphemistically !)here in Chongqing I have worn a face mask when I've ventured outdoors briefly... I had unchangable airline tickets homeward bound or I would have not lingered here for my healthy sake... When ever I breathe deeply at home (in the pristine mountains of Australia where I live , I will think of the poor people of Chongqing with sadness

3  Thank Scentedlotus
Reviewed 18 November 2013

It is geographically interesting to see the two rivers merging. However, if you've walked there, which is easy from People's Square, don't think you'll find a taxi back easily. Also the vendors can get a bit aggressive-- I would have bought one of the beautiful high flying kites being flown there, but the vendors just turned me off.

2  Thank JennyC282
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Great view from here!looking at another side the river you can feel the difference of this city.passion water,passion people here...Chongqing center...

1  Thank Zeng C