All reviewsbreakfast downstairsspice restaurantwonderful hotelbusiness tripnice gymcomfortable bedf broom serviceenjoyed my stayyangtze river cruisesofitelcamillelobbychinaenglishcitytaxi
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel as part of a tour before boarding the Yangtze River cruise. The hotel is a bit dated. Some tiles in the bathroom floor were chipped. Breakfast was included with our tour and it was excellent with North American choices like cereals and orange juice.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
SOFITELCHONGQING, Manager at Athestel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Dear campervan_question,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Forebase Chongqing.I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast in our hotel. And we also regret to hear that your room experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. Sincerely, Sophie Tang Assistant Guest Experience gem@sofitel-forebase-chongqing.com

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed here on the 4th to 7th of nov.

Due to my delayed flight, I arrived at the hotel around 2am. And I just realised I didn’t have enough cash to pay for the taxi, and taxi doesn’t accept foreign card.

The gentleman and a lady and front reception kindly lend me 50 yuan cash to pay for the taxi. Even though I didn’t get their names but they are very helpful in the middle of the night.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Mr. James H,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Forebase Chongqing. We are glad to hear that your overall experience met your expectations on us. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcome you back in near future. Sophie Tang Assistant Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 28 November 2017

Had a very nice 3 nights stay here. After the initial hiccups of giving us the wrong card keys to rooms that were still occupied, we were upgraded to a suite room on the 19th floor.

The room was very big with a living room, a study corner, luxurious bedroom with a super comfy king bed and a big bathroom with bathtub and separate shower stall. Everything was perfect and luxurious.

The F&B staff, in particular, Eason made our stay very pleasant. All these staff at the Spice Restaurant were very friendly and helpful. The other staff at the Chinese and Japanese restaurants were very good too.

Duty Manager Vivien even used her phone APP to help us get a car to the nearby Paradise Walk shopping malls for just CNY10.

We traveled mostly on taxis to attractions from the hotel as the Metro Station is about 18 minutes walk away. But once out in town, we could hop on to the MRT to get to visit places.

Sofitel Forebase Chongqing is indeed a good hotel to base in the city to explore attractions here and elsewhere. The staff here are really nice.

But be careful of taxis lining up outside the hotel in the morning to take you to the airport or train station. The taxi driver either deliberately didn't turn on the meter or the meter wasn't working. Amazingly when we reached the destination, the meter showed CNY107. I paid the driver CNY100 and told him we paid only around CNY40 when we first went to the hotel.

Other than this incident, everything was fine although hotel staff did warn us about pick pockets at bus station and train station and of course busy tourist attractions.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
SOFITELCHONGQING, Manager at Athestel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Dear TJX05,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Forebase Chongqing . We are glad to hear that your overall experience met your expectations on us, specially on the accommodation and service experience, I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. And we also regret to hear the wrong key issue, I have shared to Front Office team, we will strengthen the related training,I hope we can offer you a better experience next time.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be more pleasant thanthe previous one. Sophie Tang Assistant Guest Experience Manager

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Staff is amazingly friendly, in Club Millesime Miss Lilian and Miss Avery were lovely and helpful for my business needs, they make you feel connected to office and home. Location superb, in the middle of everything of the big city

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
SOFITELCHONGQING, Manager at Athestel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

Dear Juan Carlos A,
We very much appreciate you chosen Sofitel Forebase Chongqing. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. I will share your comments with our team, specially to Lilian and Avery . I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one. Sophie Tang Assistant Guest Experience Manager gem@sofitel-forebase-chongqing.com

Reviewed 13 September 2017

I travelled with my husband and another couple, we got off the river cruise we where on and waiting for us was the Sofitel Car ready to take us to our accommodation. The staff here where just wonderful. We had no plans for the 6 days as we wanted a stop over after the cruise and before we had to hop back on the plane back to Sydney. The staff helped us with placed to go and see, the best places for shopping and nothing was a problem they where there to help in any way they could. This hotel has a beautiful heart and the management team is the best. John the GM and Vince the F&B manager welcomed us when we arrived and checked on us during our stay to see if we needed any thing. I stay at a lot of hotels and never had such a wonderful experience as I did staying here. In Chongqing very few people speak English so to have staff that could speak English was such a blessing.

Room Tip: My tip is to organise the Sofitel car to pick you up and bring you to the hotel makes life a lot easier
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
SOFITELCHONGQING, Manager at Athestel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear free-as-a-bird-16,
We very much appreciate you chosen Sofitel Forebase Chongqing. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.
Sophie Tang