See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

Upon entering this resort, I felt like an Emperor.
The shuttle took us to our room and the room over looks the most relaxing massive gorge.
If you want to forget a bad relationship or get over an issue in city civilisation, this is it!!!!!!!!!
TV pops up from the bed ..... Awesome.
Had dinner in a private room with local amigos and felt like Michelin chef was present. Although food looks great but tastes ok. Service with a smile so a big plus.
Breakfast is just ok..... I will let you find out why!!
It is not bad at all but ... I can understand why no buffet!!

Date of stay: October 2015
2  Thank Westwood11
Reviewed 30 September 2015

Despite its cheesy name, The Brilliant Resort and Spa is, in fact, "brilliant". It is a true sanctuary that includes various suites spread throughout a tranquil forest setting each with private hot tub and assorted amenities that truly create a spa-like feel. Access to the suites is via small walkways and a concierge pick-up service is available using golf carts. Breakfast was a bit disappointing and quite limited for the Western traveler but, overall, the full extent of the surrealistic experience overshadowed this minor short-coming. If you truly want to escapre somewhere, this is the place.

Date of stay: June 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank worldlyCanada
Reviewed 3 October 2014 via mobile

This hotel is by far the MOST expensive hotel I have ever stayed at. On top of that we stayed here for 3 days/2 nights during the National Holiday where prices went even higher.

Let me say that staying at this resort gives you exclusivity. A place away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Another thing it gives you is space. Space away from the crowds. There are only 35 rooms meaning that at any given one time there will only be 100 people at the hotel.

The Hot Springs Spa

The Hot Springs spa which is open to the public allows us free admission. Because this spa is so expensive (358¥ per person during the holiday) it's also exclusive as well. Whereas other Hot Springs around Bei Bei is packed with visitors from the city or other places around China. The people visiting the spa is NOT ALLOWED on Hotel Grounds where the river views are. This is what I loved the most as the Spa got real busy the day we checked out.

The Rooms

We got the double room which has a sitting area and a queen size bed. They had tea for us and our own personal spa. We had a walk in closet which is nice. But the privacy of the spa is the best with our views of the river partially covered by trees.

The Food

Western, Chinese, Chongqing, teppenyaki and Japanese food is served for lunch and dinner.
Free Breakfast serving Chinese, Japanese and Western food served as a buffet. The food here is expensive but safe. I didn't care for the buffet dinner which they had street food BBQ which was safe to eat. But the Teppenyaki was more of a gourmet version of it. Thumbs up for the Teppenyaki which not many Chinese people are because it's not enough food for them.

The Service

Let me say first is that they do not speak that much English at all. Thank god my wife is from CQ. But I did see some western visitors and they had their own translators probably provided from the hotel.
The service from the front desk to the cleaning ladies was IMPECCABLE. You ask for something and they respond...immediately like within 20 seconds.

They provided free transportation for us back to our family's place in Jiangbei district. As we were driving away I was sad for leaving the only resort that stole my heart.

Date of stay: October 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott B
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Staying at the resort is such an unexpected surprise. Five star accommodation with both public and private spas. This was a 40 trip from the central railway and lies in a secluded valley on a tributary to the Yangtze River. Our modern two storied townhouse accommodation had all mod cons and the staff are fabulous. English may not be their strong suit but it is more than compensated by a willingness to help. Three restaurants serving a mixture of local Szechuan specialties, Japanese or western. Brilliant as the name says

Date of stay: April 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 176JohnP176
Reviewed 18 November 2013

It was astounding that only an hour away from the 30 million residents of Chongqing, you can find yourself in such a lovely natural mountain setting.. Up a winding road through sub-tropical lushness and you arrive! The entrance to Brilliant is where your first host will meet you, walk you past the ancient Pagoda/Temple to a stunningly designed spa and hot springs. The level of service and attention is past 5 stars. The array and design of the over 22 hot spring pools, plus a Therapeutic breathing room surpassed any I've seen... and I've been to many. Be sure to dine there... and take advantage of the spa/lunch package... all day spa and organic sustainable cuisine prepared in front of you for a little less than $100 (USD) they are also the home of a beautiful tea shop... Take a break from the city and definitely come here!

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank JennyC282
Shirley J, Public Relations Manager at Brilliant Resort and Spa Chongqing, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear guest, many thanks for choosing Brilliant Resort and SPA Chongqing! Your praise encouraged us greatly,and we are looking forward to your next stay with us in the near future!