“As a base for a family visit ..” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Coro Hotel
Ranked #203 of 3,105 Hotels in Chongqing
Chongqing, China
“As a base for a family visit ..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

.. The presence of Fortune Mall greatly improved it. The room & bathroom was perfectly adequate & clean. Breakfast was OK, I could eat, but coffee was not topped up often .. & then undrinkable, cold milk often absent. They were busy, A national holiday week, so I couldn't get a breakfast seat some days - I gave up & ate out those days. I took to getting my own knife & fork when I knew where they were kept. Re wifi, I had forgotten about the Chinese firewall (damn thing) & I hated using my iPad in the sparse lobby area. There is a wired Internet point in the room so I plugged that into my personal wifi gadget. Buy one for $15 or so before you go. Overall, a decent budget hotel requiring only tweaking to greatly improve it. Yes, you'll need (cheap) taxis to get around in.

Room Tip: Better side looks toward the Fortune Mall where you'll find Costas & other Independant coffe...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Indonesian first
Pattaya, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

Very friendly staff, not very good language skills though. Great room, nice bathroom. Breakfast buffet below average. Business district so not the right place for nightlife.. Wi Fi in public areas and upon request in the room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shenzhen
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

The location is bad and very had to get a TAXI.
The service is very bad, I paid $70 for a business king bed room via Agoda and I show the booking paper to the reception, however she told me there marketing department is closed in vocation, so she cannot confirm this booking! She said I need to give credit card authorization for this room if I want to check-in! I refused that, then get my key to the room.
After a few minutes, I felt something wrong with my room, I paid $70 just for this kind of room?? Then I called the reception, told her my booking was business king bed and what is the room type of my room now?
Then she find that she give me a wrong room, however it is 0:00 now!
After re-check-in, I find lots of problems of equipment in the room. the water cannot fill the bathtub 'cause after a few minutes the water will shut down automatically, the water in the floor cannot flow into the sewer, the light of the closet can not be shut down!
That is the worst hotel experience I have experienced!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Travellers also viewed these Chongqing hotels
Somerset Jiefangbei Chongqing
Sofitel Forebase Chongqing
Sofitel Forebase Chongqing
#3 of 3,105 in Chongqing
The Westin Chongqing Liberation Square

Been to Coro Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Coro Hotel

Property: Coro Hotel
Address: No.5 Caifu Avenue, Yubei District, Chongqing 401121, China (Formerly Days Inn Business Place Chongqing Fortune Plaza)
Region: China > Chongqing Region > Chongqing
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #203 of 3,105 Hotels in Chongqing
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Coro Hotel 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Coro Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.