“Not impress”

Holiday Inn Express Chongqing Jinxiucheng
Ranked #32 of 3,203 Hotels in Chongqing
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We made a reservation online for 2 rooms / 2 nights. However, we decided to change the date so my husband tried calling them. After 2 frustrating phone calls, he ended the conversation with "Can you stop asking me the same questions and do something." Fortunately, they did the booking for us when we arrived. When we went into the room, one room had the mini fridge while the others didn't. Nonetheless, the bed was pretty comfortable but the wifi is not exactly available. Location-wise, it's a bit out of town and the taxi was quite hard to find.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sai77

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Just moved hotels to the holiday Inn express in Chongqing and wow, really impressed with the friendly staff and that most can speak some english. The rooms are really clean the internet fly's so can Skype to home in Australia with no fuss and the bed is heaven. HBO and clear TV picture and many restaurants and bars down in the area. It even has a control panel that I can plug my HDMI cable into so I can watch movies from my laptop through the widescreen TV.
Couldn't be much happier. The breakfast is a little basic but the coffee is great it's complimentary.
Bar fridge is super cold as well.
Well done to the team here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Shockman_13
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Rooms are okay, beds are soft, hot showers are great, free intenet is fantastic. Did not enjoy the breakfast,, very basic. We got a discount price for the slow season during february, for the price it was good enough. There was free parking for hotel guests. There is the Renle supermarket close by, convenient for your daily needs and right by it Dicos, the burgers are good enough. If you head the other way up from the hotel, you come to an interchange, take the left across the walkway and walk three minutes there, you will see more shops and restaurants, more lively than the shops and restaurants by Renle supermarket. We had the famous Chongqing hot pot in one of the restaurants there, enjoyed the local food there. Taxis are convenient, don't stop outside the hotel, stop by the bus station outside Renle supermarket, taxis stop there every few minutes, need to be a little patient for the taxis, they will come by

Room Tip: the higher you request a room for the better, hotel is by the express road, does get loud during the...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2013

For the price this is very good hotel. Rooms are having enough space and clean.
Location of the hotel is very good surrounding to hotel there are super markets.

For food there is a indian restaurant and german bar near to the hotel.

over all good hotel

Room Tip: rooms on both sides having good views
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank lvprasanth
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Stayed just the one night and missed out on the free breakfast but everything else about this hotel was more than adequate considering the price 358RMB per room per night inc breakfast.
The room was small but clean. The beds comfy, plenty of tv channels, free internet access, a roomy bathroom and quiet. Locate away from the city centre so you will need taxi's, that can be quite hard to flag down, but otherwise ideal.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Chongqing on a recent business trip and was very disappointed. My experience began poorly when I arrived to find two very friendly ladies at the check-in desk, one of whom spoke no English and the other who had very limited English. I travel frequently to many different countries, and always book US hotels because of the need for English-speaking staff. This is not only because I am an English speaker, but also because I also often rely on the hotel staff to help with task such as locating places within the city, or writing notes for cab drivers, etc. After checking in and going to my room on the 11th floor, I discovered that my key did not work. After three trips down to the lobby for new keys, we discovered that the door lock was not working. My room was small, but adequate, and clean, which is important. I noticed it was a bit warm, however I assumed it would cool off as I turned down the air. This was not the case, as it stayed very warm all night (24 degrees) despite me turning the A/C down to 19. Another important thing to me is WiFi, which was essentially unusable in my room. The only place I could get even a half-way decent signal was in the lobby, and even there it fluctuated wildly. After my night of too-warm sleep, I went down for the included breakfast, which consisted of stale bread for toasting in a toaster that did not work, or a handful of cooked food, non of which was at all appetizing. Instead of staying the second night, I checked out and moved over to the Hilton, which was fabulous. Unfortunately, there was little to like about the Holiday Inn Express Chongqing, and I sadly cannot recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 October 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel over the China's National holiday, from 1 - 7 Oct. The staff were very courteous and helpful to us. They responded to our requests promptly. The price of the hotel is only RMB328 per night, and given that we were staying there for over 2 days, the hotel manager offered us a discount, and the rate comes with complimentary buffet breakfast for 2. Considering the price we were paying, you really can't find any hotels in China like this hotel. It is, to us, a most value for money hotel in China! We actually intended to stay there for only 3 days, but the bed was the comfiest ever (the quality is as good as a 5 star hotel!), and we had brilliant nights sleep. Although it' rated as a 4-star hotel, we were surprised to find out that there were international TV programmes such as HBO, CNN, in this hotel. I guarantee you that you will not regret choosing this hotel when you visit Chongqing!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple