“Great business hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 3,106 Hotels in Chongqing
Melbourne, Australia
“Great business hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I stayed for 3 weeks for business, and had access to the Regency Club near the top floor which provided great views, excellent snacks and drinks, served by attentive staff. The room was a good size, very clean and had a great bathroom and big TV. Limited TV channel options (few sports channels). Good aircon for the middle of the hot CQ summer, and plenty of water bottles provided daily. The cleaning staff were lovely. The breakfast buffet is quite good (among the best I've sampled in similar chains). Good location at the top of Paradise Walk (the "2nd CBD" of CQ), with excellent shopping and restaurants a short stroll away. Overall I thought the hotel was excellent, and would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: Request the side looking out over Paradise Walk (as the other side overlooks a construction site at...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Greg D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed here for 3 weeks in June into July and was really glad of the air conditioning, the large room (I had a King Size) and the good shower. I felt the heated toilet seat and all that went with it was a little OTT. The room had a very large hard comfortable bed, a work table and 3 chairs as well as the usual bed-side table etc.Bed linen is changed every 3 days unless you request it more often (by placing a card on the bed). If you have a Hyatt Gold Passport, the Regency club on the 27th floor is open to you for (free) coffee, breakfast and in the evening a light meal (mainly nibbles and noodles and sweet things) and drinks. Many a night I went up here rather than braving the rain and/or heat outside. Breakfast on the 5th floor has a good selection but because of a revolting stomach, I did not make full use of it. Wi-Fi connectivity was good, but the outside internet connection was variable (sometimes great, other times with no connection) but the hotel cannot be blamed for that. The hotel is situated close to paradice Walk, a large shopping mall with eating places and midway between two subway stations (10 - 15 minutes each - line 3 and line 6). Line 3 is a monorail which goes North to the airport. Tax to the airport takes 30ish minutes depending on traffic. Unlike in most western countries, smoking in the corridors and parts of the restaurant would seem to be allowed. My room had an ashtray and matches but did not smell of cigarette smoke.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank George0903
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

After a break of 23 years, I ended up coming back to Chongqing and was more than amazed at how much the city had changed. All I remembered from 1991 was a city covered in coal dust which I wanted to escape from, as quickly as possible.
This time I felt that certain parts of the city resembled more a street impression of Hong Kong rather than a remote and neglected inland metropolis.
I'm a great fan of Hyatt especially for its simplicity, cleanliness and functionality so Hyatt Regency Chongqing was an obvious choice: the hotel is very new and met all my expectations, starting from the friendly staff at the reception, all the way to the nice room, proper bathroom and great breakfast. More recently I stayed at Ritz Carlton Shenzhen and was disappointed with their breakfast. Not so the breakfast at Hyatt Chongqing: a nice selection of high quality Eastern and Western delights coupled with great coffee and fresh juices. On top of that, the room rate of 700 RMB was great value for money. Well done, jia you!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MarioChristoph
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on business this past week and the hotel was excellent. Centrally located? The city is too big for centrally located. Non-smoking floors were truly non-smoking. Bar could be nice but think it's too new as there were no customers. I'll stay there from now on...

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Brent S
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

I agree with one of the reviewers that this is a Grant Hyatt dressed in a Hyatt Regency name. The rooms and facilities and fit out standard are definitely closer to a GH than an HR. Even better is the corporate rate which is lower than your typical 3-star Sheraton in a suburb location in the US.

The location is also wonderful as it a short walk to the Guanying Qiao CBD which is the busiest shopping district. Chongqing is very spread out so if you are there for business chances are you need to go around in a car wherever you stay so you might as well be in GYQ as it has the best vibes and not as cluttered as the older CBD in the Jiefangbei area.

The only area that should be improved is the gym, which is very simple with good cardio equipment but in short supply of free weight.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing GYQ to the south. The back side are all unattractive old residential blocks.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BeijingHongkie
Lisa Q, Marcom Executive at Hyatt Regency Chongqing Hotel, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
We appreciate and are concerned about your feedback regarding your experience at Hyatt Regency Chongqing. Your comments about our gym will be passed onto relevant departments and we're devoted to making some progress in this respect. Once again, we would like to say a big thank you for your sharing comments with us and we are looking forward to your next stay with us.
Holly, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

This is my first week of my 50 day business trip reservation so I will update later with my final staying experience.

This Hyatt has some issues with plumbing so some rooms has the filthy sewage waste odor coming out of bathroom drain and fills the whole room. If you enter the room without knowing you would think someone didn't flush toilet for days.

The staff has been attentive and tried to help, Kathy the front desk manager tried to switch my room to a higher floor room then find out it has same odor issue.  Normally other hotel line would instantly upgrade your room to the next level up as a courtesy to compensate the pain and inconvenience caused by their problem or offer bonus points. They did not do anything to compensate their fault.

This Hyatt does not upgrade diamond members to suite automatically.  I'm staying 2 months. The manager Helen told me I will be switched out of suite as soon as I used up all 4 of my yearly upgrade rewards.  I told her the Hilton double tree would upgrade their diamond member to suite for the entire stay(I stayed there for all my previous business trips).  Helen basically told me to switch to Hilton hotel after 4 weeks, because they rather lose 1 month of business from a diamond member to a competitor then to do a simple suite upgrade matching.

Therefore I believe they dont make an effort to keep long term staying guest live comfortably.  If you stay for a day or two I think Hyatt is a good choice but if long term I would recommend the Hilton doubletree which is two blocks away for free suite upgrades.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Weihao L
Lisa Q, Marcom Executive at Hyatt Regency Chongqing Hotel, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Firstly, thank you very much for your constructive comments and sorry for any inconvenience caused to you. Besides, it is wonderful to have you stay with us for a long time and we hope you are satisfied with our special rearrangement and the hospitality we provide. Once again, wish you enjoy your stay here!
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

I stayed in Hyatt Regency Chongqing again in mid November followed by my recent excellent stay in July.

The services I experience this time is more-or-less the same as my previous stay, which is excellent. Being a Diamond member, I use the award certificate to upgrade my reservation to a King Suite, which I believe it is a great choice. The Suite is large - have a nice sleeping room and a nice living/dining room, as well as a decent bathroom with both shower and bath tub. The internet connection is perfect and the bed is very comfortable.

The Staff in the Regency Club is very attentive and helpful as always. Special thanks to Teddy who deserve my special mention 'cause he is really great and makes my stay feel very much at home. Thanks also to Veru and Ryan for their services at the club and the check-in at the lobby level.

I did try Room Service this time. It is a-bit out of my expectation that it took more than 30 minutes for the dishes to arrive and somewhere, they even forgot to bring me the soup I ordered! Nevertheless, it is not a big deal and once they know the soup was missing, they brought it to me within 5 minutes that I appreciate.

Though the hotel, as mentioned by a few commenter, that it is of Hyatt regency price with Grand Hyatt Service, it worths mentioning that the hotel is close to a currently construction site in which you may hear some construction noise during the daytime. Nevertheless, Hyatt Regency Chongqing is definitely my first choice whenever I have chance to visit Chongqing again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Edward-A A
Megan Y, Manager at Hyatt Regency Chongqing Hotel, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thank you for your valuable comments and your special compliments on Teddy, Veru and Ryan will be passed onto the relevant departments. We are looking forward to your next stay with Hyatt Regency Chongqing.