See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Another average hotel, in a great location for shopping, the underground sleepless city is interesting. Located next to 2 shopping malls. Ask for a view of the fountain display in the evening. Noisy but good to see.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed here for 12 days and had my wedding here also..

This hotel is Grand, room was perfect and spotless.. The bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get up and explore the city.. Many enormous shopping centres nearby..

My room had a perfect size desk to do my work on... And English Channels on the tv.. + big washroom

Downstairs Breakfast was yummy with a big selection..

Would stay here again in a flash..

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I have stayed in this luxury hotel several times over the past 7 years. The rooms are very pleasant, spacious, quiet and comfortable. The beds are firm; I sleep very well. The staff are helpful and competent. I enjoy the varied breakfast which is predominantly Chinese with many characteristic, spicy Chongqing dishes. I like the location as an opportunity to immerse a bit in local urban culture. There is a large plaza in front of the hotel that attracts families, grandparents looking after children; seniors singing in groups, dancing or doing tai chi; and young people shopping. The stores above ground are quite luxurious and expensive. The "sleepless city" below the hotel and some other underground malls nearby offer goods for ordinary Chinese at much lower prices. There is a handy supermarket in the sleepless city that sells snacks and staples such as good quality tea, fruit, drinks, local specialties, and housewares. I occasionally saw other non-Chinese guests at the hotel; guests were mainly Chinese coming for conferences and business meetings. To me the atmosphere is more pleasant than in the international business area around the liberation monument.

Room Tip: All of the rooms that I have stayed in have been comfortable and quiet
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Stay at the empark resort hotel if are in chongqing and you will enjoy : hotel is clean, very large room, gym, excellent restaurant ,
strategi position in the city and above all linked with the sleepless city downstair....try it you will find everything you need!

Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I've stayed in Empark Grand Hotel (Shi Ji Jin Yuan Da Jiu Dian) a couple of times now. The convenient location and competitive price was the main reason for me to stay there. I booked the hotel via ctrip.com, using a credit card to guarantee late arrival. I'm continue to be impressed by the hardware of Empark Grand Hotel, but believe the management has a lot of rooms to improve. In fact, it's not very fair to say hotel management is not good. The real challenges come from its regular customers, which are mostly local people who may have some habits we don't normally see in US. I don't want to call it out, you will know what I mean when you see it. Bottom line, If you are a foreigner, and prefer a 5 star hotels that customized to foreign cultures, then this wonderful hotel may not right for you. But, if you like $100 less 5 star hotel, then you should try it...I highly recommend my friends to stay there when visiting Chongqing.

Room Tip: the higher the better,
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo