All reviews executive lounge lounge staff local restaurants are eggs made to order welcome gift platinum member excellent hotel great pool sightseeing places heated pool comfortable king size bed personalized service food variety warm service amazing room the heart of the city top floor
Reviewed 1 September 2018

This hotel seems comparable to other 4.5-star rated hotels I have stayed in in China The check-in process was very smooth with eager help from the greeter/bellhop. As others have pointed out most of the staff do not know English, but there is usually one person in each location (front desk, restaurant/spa/pool who can understand enough to help.

I stayed in a "premium" room on the 18th floor. I think it was supposed to have a city view, but to the West you were close to some other tall buildings at that height. YMMV on the other side to the East(?)

My main demerit is the swimming pool. I went twice, and both times I left early because someone was doing the Chinese hacking/spitting thing over the side of the pool. I'm sorry, but this is not acceptable in a western-style hotel.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2018

staff generally is friendly; room is ok, although the hotel has an underlying smoke smell in it. even on the so called no-smoking floor, where they also warn you, that you get fined, if you smoke, people disregard it and when the door of some rooms are open, the smoke smell comes out...the housekeeping does not seem to be encourage to report these incidents.
I am an ambassador level platinum memberand I am a vegeratian. I did not have the impression, that this gives you any special attention on service. There is no special food for vegetarians and it is a hazzle to always explain to the staff, what a vegetarian is and what food I need, In the executive lounge, they have an espresso machine, but no espresso cups. You are supposed to drink an espresso out of a coffee mug!
Food quality is below mediocre. I had food in the western restaurant, in the chinese restaurant and ordered some food in the lounge. For all of them I waited a very long time: in the lounge I ordered a Chongqing Xiaomian, which is a very local, basic noodle dish, actually just some noodles with an oily spicy sauce and some vegetables (maybe it normally also has some meet in it). I had to wait 45 minutes for it. Quality was, not even ordinary, the price on the other side was very unexspected: for a dish which outside costs RMB12, they charged me RMB112! I was expecting maybe 2 or 3 times more than outside, but certainly not 9 to 10 times on top of the long wait. In the western restaurant I was the only guest at 12 noon. It took them 25 minutes to prepare a Arrabiata. The tomatoe sauce was like a teaspoon of Campbells tomatoe soup with some Chili on top of it. In the chinese resaurant, people were more. I ordered a fried eggplant, it had absolutely no taste to it.
In summary, functional but food is terrible, service is slow and inefficient and if you are a member of some loyalty program, do not expect too much.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Paulobtrip
Loren Y, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Chongqing, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments and we truly apologize for the challenges experienced during your last stay with us.

For smoking issue, our hotel did have the non-smoking room which is followed by the standard. But for the scene you were seen, I have to say that may not fit the standard and we feel very sorry for that. Actually, our hotel is an non-smoking hotel as well and the smoking room is for the guests who really need to.

For the food and beverage issue, JW Marriott as an international brand hotel we are fully equipment with all kind of cups and menus for different kinds of request. I can insure you that you will get it next time and we do respect vegetarian and food habits, we were capable to service. We are a full-service hotel with high quality where you deserve a comfortable and tasteful stay.

However, we would like to apologize for the situation you found in our hotel and know that we have not fully met your expectations. Please be assured that your comments have been clearly noted and changes have already been made to ensure the upmost convenience for you and our future guests.

We hope you can give us an opportunity to change your perception into a positive one next time you come to our hotel.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest regards.

Loren Yang

Reviewed 11 August 2018

Stayed 4 nights at the hotel for a business trip. Enjoyed myself thoroughly. Liked the facilities - I got a double room for a very good rate with a stunning view of the city. The service was excellent, notwithstanding the breakfast which had a great spread of Chinese and Western cuisine. Located near various tourist spots. Will return to stay the next time I visit Chongqing.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2018

Excellent hotel with amazing views and in close proximity to a wide range of local restaurants and markets. The staff were friendly helpful and efficient and nothing was ever too much trouble. The food was excellent with a good variety and wide selection at breakfast.
The local restaurants are an experience and the people very are friendly and accommodating. English is not that widely spoken outside of the hotel so communicating can be a bit of a challenge, but the warm hospitality more than makes up for it.

Room Tip: Views are amazing from high floors.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2018

I recently (end of Jne 2018) stayed at this property and was pleased with the services provided by the hotel and staff. I was afforded the previlege to access executive lounge and the services by Moki Chen and her team (Wendy, Nina, Sophie, Teresa, and others), as well their the guest relations manager Kitty were just outstanding. Cnetrally located, so if you are in the area, I would certainly recommend that you try this hotel out!

The staff went out of their way and made you feel personally welcome and attended to. Thanks to all the staff there!

Room Tip: Room with a river view would be good to have
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business