“ONE WORD: AWESOME!”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Reviewed 2 May 2013

4 of us each had different flavours and I had sea salt caramel. This was probably the best ice cream i tasted (during a cold chilling weather!). We chance upon this gelato at SoHo. The guy who served us was extremely polite and helpful with the tasting.

We came back for more, but this time at Star Ferry. Didn't have sea salt caramel, so i settled for green tea. It was good, but if it had SSC, it probably would have completed my crave in HK (;

Reviewed 20 April 2013

I have to admit I am not a gelato person. When first introduced by my cousin to here on Cochrane Street, I say may be give it a try. Surprisingly it is one of the best gelato that I have ever tasted. It is highly recommended. I did not have such a nice gelato since I last visited Paris the Amorino.

The store is a small one with a few high chairs on the street looking down the slope. There are many flavours. You can have a maximum of 3 flavours. I choose the Volcanic Pistachio claimed to be grown in the volcanic soil at the base of Mt Etna in Italy. Besides gelato, it has Sorbetto and Gelato cakes. I tried Hong Kong Milk Tea as if though I am drinking it. I did not have the chance to try other flavours.

Definitely next time will come and try them out!

Reviewed 19 January 2013

We stopped at the tiny XTC Gelato shop on Cochrane Streeet (Soho district), recently and enjoyed a very nice cup of gelato.

On this occasion we had a double scoop in a cup (HK$38), enjoying both of our Pistachio and Almond servings. Both scoops tasted very nice and included substantial bits of ground up nuts, making a well-textured gelato. The pistachio scoop, in particular, was much enjoyed, being of the correct color - a drab green and comparing favorably to scoops we have enjoyed over the years during trips to Italy (rating 4 of 5).

Overall, a very good spot for Italian gelato, particularly by local standards. This is a good dessert option for those not interested in the yoghurt craze taking over the city. Sometimes you just want a traditional ice-cream or gelato and XTC in Soho gives you that option.

1  Thank BradJill
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I love gelato, so when I discovered this place I can tell you I was happy! They have a wide variety of different and unique flavors! My favorites are Coffee, Rum Raisin, Chocolate, Passion Fruit, Hong Kong Milk Tea, Peanut Butter and some with an Eastern flair like, Black Sesame, Ginger Stem, and Papaya Milk. They are consistently pleasant and friendly and the place is clean and tidy!
My personal favorite dessert in HKG!! I am also a huge fan of Frost's in Tucson, Arizona.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

XTC have a great range of flavours (my favourite is probably the stracciatella). They've got a few other locations dotted around Hong Kong, but all offering basically the same thing. If you're here for a while, a loyalty card will give you a free gelato every so often, but if you're visitiing, you'd need to get through an awful lot of ice cream.

I much prefer XTC to the other ice cream franchises in Hong Kong - there are a few Haagen Dazs and some Ben & Jerry's, and they all taste much too sweet to me now that I'm used to XTC - more subtle flavours, rather than the taste equivalent of being hit with an ice-cream sledgehammer.