“For those who need a family room!”
Review of Hotel Benito

Hotel Benito
Ranked #165 of 723 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We're happy with the Hotel Benito's Family room. We got a 2 queen and 1 single bedded room. Which is only at level 2. Even though it's low floor, you can't hear the noise outside. We had a free access to the lounge which offers coffee, milk, chocolate milk and biscuits. They also have free use of computers. Location wise, one of the best....less than a minute walk to TST station. KFC, Mcdo, Yoshinoya are just around the corner. A nice breadshop beside the hotel and a nice duck rice down the road. We took the A21 airport bus to and from, which is less than 2 mins walk from the hotel. They also have a free wi-fi.

Now the down part....there's a foul smell at the shower drainage during night time (what we did was turn on the light so that the exhaust fan is also turn on and closed the door) and the front desk people were unfriendly.

But with the location and the price that we paid, i can't complain more!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank popcorn_delight

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Quite enjoyed our stay at Hotel Benito.
Its location is spot on for easy access to transport, restaurants, and attaractions.
The rooms were small, but more than acequate for a couple and their baggage.
The one disappointing factor, and the reason to knock down to 3 stars, was the service (or lack of) provided by a staff member on the night shift.We had planned to catch public transport to the airport for an early morning departure. When we went downsatirs, we noticed heavy rain and thunderstorms.
As such, we asked the guy at reception if he could call us a cab. He said no , and told us that we could hail one on the street.
When i told him that it was raining, he just muttered something and pointed to the street-resulting in one wet and annoyed traveller.This was the first time we had asked for any type of assistance over the 4 nights we had stayed !!
If it wasnt for this guy, then without hesitation 4 stars.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jimbobler
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel has great location. Just a few steps from the TST, grocery at the rear, awesome bakery at the ground floor. We found a Western Union near by with good rates. Fast food restos near the hotel are McDonald's, KFC, Yoshinoya. There are other restos but I couldn't read them ( they're in Chinese).

The room is clean and comfortable. The Wifi was fast. 2 can connect per room. Also, there's free Internet in the lounge. They also provide free coffee and biscuits in the lounge.

We will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was 2nd time I was staying in this small boutique hotel. I stayed 2 nights in January 2014. The hotel is very small and does not have restaurant or bar, but location could not be any better. It is next to TST station and you have access to all the shopping and restaurants, you even have 24h mc Donald’s on your doorstep.

The rooms are small, but a I was traveling solo, this was not a problem, but for couple it might be slightly problem if you have big suitcases. The rooms are very clean and have kettle, tea options, TV, and safe. The shower is very good and towels are new. The beds and pillows are comfortable.

The only minus this time was that I was unable to turn the aircon down and the room was pretty cold, but hotel was able to provide extra duvet. The staff is very friendly and professional and I liked the fact that when my card was expired prior arriving the hotel, they made sure that I was contacted and informed instead of just cancelling the booking.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Traveller1977
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Had booked a family room for 5 adults for 4 nights in our recent trip to Hong Kong. The location is excellent as it is only a 2 min walk to Tsim Sha Tsui MTR station. Room is relatively clean and comfortable. As compared to other hotels at this price, I would say the room is not small. 5 adults could move about comfortably given we have 4 luggages. The check-in was smooth and when we check out at 3am to catch a bus to the airport, the man attending the counter was not so service-friendly. The airport bus 21 is quite near to the hotel, about 5min walk. There is also a N21 bus that brings you to the airport if you need to catch wierd morning flights via Scoot. All in all, I think it is a good stay for our short trip.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank lovetto
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We stayed May 10-13 and was very thankful for the free room upgrade they gave us. The location of the hotel is just perfect, a minute walk from the tsim sha tsui mtr station and just a 20-30 minute walk to the avenue of stars. There's KFC and McDonald's right across the street, and some shopping areas around the corner. The staff were very accommodating and friendly, they even allowed us to check-in early! Will definitely recommend this hotel and will surely come back when in hongkong!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank MegGCoronado
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Looking for a good value on this trip, we were directed towards this property. A colleague had stayed here before, and knowing how we both have similar preferences for hotels, I gave it a shot.

Rooms are small, even by all my other Hong Kong hotel standards. No smaller than I have occasionally had in Tokyo or even a few times in Chicago though. There was enough room at the foot of the bed to put a suitcase stand and a 26-inch suitecase, and enough room in the closet to hang a weeks worth of clothes. There was even a small mini-fridge in the room.

There is no fitness center, bar/restaurant in the hotel, but with its location, finding food and drink, like all of Hong Kong is easy. There’s an MTR stop right outside the lobby, about a 1-minute walk.

An upside is the hotel is 100% non-smoking. In many markets, non-smoking in a room or on a hotel is just considered a suggestion, but here it is enforced, and my nose told me so. The slightly smell of smoke (or mildew) really bothers me, and here, I had no issues. Although the windows in my 5th floor room didn't open, the AC was able to blow very cold.

The bed, while firm, was comfortable and the room was very quiet, even as close to the elevator as I was (there are just two small elevators here). There is a power strip under the desk, easy to reach, and big enough windows to light the room during the day. So this hotel doesn't have big rooms, nor many amenities, but it is big on value.

I might not stay here with my spouse, just due to the room size, but solo on business or vacation, I don’t mind it at all.

Room Tip: Note - windows on higher floors do no open.