“Ovolo's got it right!”
Review of Ovolo Central

Ovolo Central
Ranked #23 of 727 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 9 October 2012

First off the location is great. Ovolo is right next to Soho and LKF so I walked everywhere I wanted to go. Once I arrived I didn’t need a cab for the rest of my stay.
The hotel itself has a fresh vibe about it with cream and copper interiors in the rooms. Looked a little strange in the photos I saw beforehand but I was impressed when I saw them up close during my stay. It helped too that the bed was really comfortable and that there was solid internet connectivity at the desk area. In fact, the usual freebies like wifi and phone calls were all there but they also packed in a free minibar and snacks too, nice surprise. Then you go downstairs and there is gym and a lounge area with even more free drinks and snacks!
Usually wouldn’t make note of something like this but my bathroom was incredible – a big rainfall shower decked out in marble. One of the best I have seen.
My only criticisms – there was only lift working during the time I was there. Made getting off my floor a bit of a wait!
Overall, I am looking forward to staying here again. The hotel staff was also very helpful. Peggy in particular stood out and was very friendly. I had stayed at the LKF Hotel but this won in terms of location and service. Happy to say that Ovolo made my stay in Hong Kong much better. Would recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Dave B

Reviewed 9 October 2012

This is a great hotel, state of the art design and incredible convenient location. A proper MUST when in HK! I was introduced to this establishment earlier by a charming young foreign sales lady working at Ovolo (sorry don't remember her name). Anyways, two thumps up!!!

Room Tip: Room Nr 88 will be a convenient choice for the mainland laobans!!!
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I had previously stayed at the Arbuthnot Road Ovolo when it was operating as a serviced apartment. I returned to the property late September to find it had been converted to a hotel. An amazing transformation. Really comfortable room with terrrific work area and bathroom - great design. All inclusive pricing is welcome - wifi, mini bar, breakfast. The location is also excellent right above Lan Kwai Fong. Staff were also great. It is indeed effortless living.

2  Thank E7461NYrobertw
Reviewed 1 October 2012

The staff at this very new (and shiny) Ovolo Hotel are determined to provide an amazing experience, every request is followed through and nothing is impossible, they go above and beyond wherever they are given the opportunity.

What a refreshing experience to make even simple things like the minibar free - soft/alcoholic drinks and nibbles in the room and lots of things to fiddle with like Apple TV & TV, remote control lighting and curtains.

They also have free happy hour every night to hang out with the staff and other guests.

The location is perfect with a 5 minute walk to everything.

Modern, spacious and amazing service. I'll be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I recently stayed at the newly renovated Ovolo on Arbuthnot Road for 4 nights.

It is very clear that a lot of thought has been put into every aspect of the room. The minibar is free, as is the loot bag full of snacks. The internet is fast and free for an unlimited number of devices. The light switches are where you would expect them to be. The bed is the right height, and the pillows the right size. The furniture is comfortable, and the bathroom has all the necessities expected from a top-notch hotel. The general aesthetic is very modern and pleasing to the eye. Everything just works.

Booking a room and checking-in was easy and the staff (regardless of position) were all extremely polite. House-keeping were extremely efficient and effective, and anything I needed was just a short phone-call away. The location is also fantastic, as the hotel is close to Central/LKF, with the MTR station not too far away.

I highly recommend the Ovolo Hotel, and will be encouraging my friends and family to stay there in the future.

Room Tip: The blueberry pancakes at breakfast are delicious.
1  Thank shreyansk
Reviewed 24 September 2012

This hotel has a great central location above Lan Kwai Fong with very modern rooms. I was very pleased with the quantity of details on offer from the amount of customisation, switches and electronic gadgets, Apple TV etc. Hotel staff where very helpful and friendly – lots of smiles. Also, a big plus is the free mini bar in this hotel, which is stocked with high quality beverages - this gives it a big advantage over other hotels in Hong Kong. HIGHLY recommended

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rod H
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I debated between a 3 and a 4......wish there's a 3.5 option.

well objectively I think the place is probably a .... well it is really hard to compare a service apartment to a regular hotel. OK, I give it a 4. the place is spacious, mostly clean, and modern. it is well located, very convenient. The rooms are dark though all time of the day(we were on a lower floor, and in the shadow of the neighboring building) which is kind of depressing.

Service is lacking though. we requested a baby bed, but was told they have run out. No one made our bed or cleaned the floor (which was not impeccable to start wtih). floor in the bathroom is ok.

All in all, I'd stay there again with family. if it will be only me and my husband, I would prefer to stay in a 5 star hotel next time.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family