“Great hotel - needs som minor improvements”
Review of Ovolo Central

Ovolo Central
Ranked #19 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great hotel - needs som minor improvements”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Overall a great hotel. Not a luxury hotel, but a hotel for smart travellers. Rooms are small, as most rooms in Hong Kong. Staff was very friendly and offered great service. I really liked the free minibar, even though I didn't drink the booze. The minibar also contained European brand name mineral water, a new funky fruit juice brand, sparkling juice, Lindt chocolat and so on. It is a nice feeling to know that everything is included in the room rate. Location is great, but there is some noice from the clubs in LKF during the weekend.

Some minor improvements is the cleaning of the room. There was an old toothpick laying on the floor in the bathroom when I checked in. It was still there after the room had been cleaned two times. The breakfast was okay, but the staff in the cafe managed to miss one of the items that I ordered every day I had breakfast. The service level in the cafe was not as good as the rest of the hotel.

Small issues and overall a great stay. Will stay at the Ovolo again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Greger A
Dear “Gregor A”

Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us both on the positive points as well as the areas for improvements. We take pride in offering a great product and service and I can assure you my team & I have investigated the matters you highlighted.

It would be great to have you back with us in the near future. To ensure that you have a flawless visit on your future trips to Hong Kong, please feel free to email direct on 2@ovologroup.com and we will look after you from start to finish.

Ovolo 2 Arbuthnot Road

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed 25 April 2013

My husband and I chose Ovolo Hotel because of work and wanted to be in the Central area and stay in a small, smart hotel and its website appealed to us. To our pleasant surprise, it was everything we were looking for. The staff were very polite and helpful - at check-in, housekeeping and doormen. Our room was on the 22nd floor and it was always tidy and clean. Furnishings were smart and although it wasn't a very big room, it had a work area and the bathroom was modern. I also like the fact that the hotel provided free wi-fi and free mini bar - 2 very rare features. Although we were out every night and didn't empty the mini bar, it's nice to know that these were available. Breakfast was also included and this was next door at its cafe on street level which is very convenient. Location is good too - very near Lan Kwai Fong nightlife and walking distance to Central MTR. We would return to Ovolo because it's obvious that a lot of thought had gone into providing comfort and care to its guests.

Room Tip: High floor above 20th 'cos being near Lan Kwai Fong it can be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear “FauziahAB”

Thank you very much for your very kind compliments and feedback. We are very delighted that you had a wonderful time with us and that you intend to return!

Please feel free to email us on 2@ovologroup.com for your next visit and we will be thrilled to take great care of you.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I've stayed at fancier and far more expensive places in HK, but never had a better experience than at a recent stay at the Ovolo. The rooms are smart and spacious with plenty of modern technology and ammenities. The location is perfect, convenient to restaurants and nightlife and with easy access to all transportation. More than anything else, the entire staffs' committment to making your stay absolutely perfect from the moment you step through their door is what sets this palce apart. Proactive, personable and eager to go the extra yard, we can't thank or recommend this team enough. Can't wait to return and se our new friends again!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Dear “Hyderabadude”

I would like to offer you my deepest thanks for your great vote of confidence in us. It is great to hear you have such a wonderful time with us. My team & I will be thrilled to have you return back to us when you next visit Hong Kong.

Please feel free to email us on 2@ovologroup.com and we will be sure to help with your arrangements.

Reviewed 18 April 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I have just stayed here for 4 nights. We were very impressed with the level of service throughout our entire stay. From the moment we entered the hotel until when we checked out, the staff did all they could to make our stay at ovolo as comfortable as they could. They were constantly helping with taxi's, restaurant suggestions and anything else we needed during our stay. The hotel is in a fabulous location, walking distance to many great restaurants and shops around the Lan Kwai Fong district and central. Facilities within the hotel were clean and modern, and exactly what we needed for our stay, as was the personal level of service which is often hard to come by in many of the larger hotels. Thanks to all at ovolo for making our stay in Hong Kong such a pleasant one. We will definitely be staying again when we return to Hong Kong!

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear “Georgie M”,

I would like to personally thank you for your wonderful review about us. Our team has been overjoyed to make your experience in Hong Kong so memorable. We wish to provide the best possible service to our guests and I am glad that we have done so well. For your future visits to Hong Kong, please feel free to let us know direct on 2@ovologroup.com & we will be delighted to assist you.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Superb location close to shops, restaurants, MTR (Central), and night life. The service was superior! The room: amazing, nicely appointed, modern, good size, firm-comfy bed, great bathroom (rain shower) with Malin + Goetz toiletries, Nespresso machine, Apple tv, free mini-bar, need I say more? Rate also includes breakfast from Cafe O next door, or you can order as room service. I only wish we could've stayed there longer than 3 nights. We will stay there again next time we visit HK and will highly recommend to friends!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear “John P”,

Thank you for your amazing recommendation of us here at Ovolo! We are very glad to hear you had a wonderful time on your visit to Hong Kong and we were the perfect choice for your trip.
We look forward to having you back again with us and please let us know if we can assist for any future stay for you or your friends by contacting us on 2@ovologroup.com.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 15 April 2013

My partner and i stayed 4 nights and it was fantastic! The staff were always friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble! And the rooms were a good size, comfortable and the amenities better than most! Location also spot on!
Cant wait to go back!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear “JuliaT77”

Thank you for your fantastic review of us and it is terrific to see you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I am especially delighted to see your comments about our team here going the extra mile. When you plan to return to Hong Kong, please feel free to let us know on 2@ovologroup.com and we will be absolutely thrilled to assist.

NYC
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I don't usually write reviews, but this hotel is great! They have really captured a few magic elements that create a great overall experience. Here is a quick recap.

LOCATION:
Check! If you need to be close to Central, and don't want to overpay, then this is a great place to stay. More importantly your also very close to one of the best BBQ (Yat Lok) and Ramen places (Butao) in HK!

AMENITIES:
Sometimes its the little things - A free mini bar and fridge stocked with free drinks and snacks. Nice gesture! A full work desk, a daily newspaper. Int'l plugs and a USB charger to charge my iPhone! Theres other good stuff too...like the velour slippers I'm wearing right now!

FACILITIES:
Modern and Clean. Great bathroom...no tub, but the shower is awesome - a rainfall shower in the ceiling and an oversize detachable hand-held shower head - take your pick. All marble floors and walls...and a square toilet - WHAT!? Extra towels and huge sink. Plenty of space for all your supplies. Full working desk, good bed and a flat screen mounted on the wall with Apple TV. One thing I really appreciated is that the WiFi is reliable; as there is nothing worse than when you're trying to get work done and the connection keeps dropping.

SERVICE:
Fast, efficient, responsive. As soon as I came in, I was greeted with English speaking staff who gave me a quick briefing of what I needed to know to stay in the area. They also booked a car for me back to airport at my request.

SUMMARY:
Ovolo is one of those hotels that has done some research on hotel psychology & guest behavior and has accommodated to the needs of their guests with detail. Well done.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Erick G
Dear “Erick G”,

My sincere thanks for your wonderful and thorough review of our hotel facilities and service! We appreciate greatly the time you took to share your feedback and enthusiasm for our hotel as well.Should you plan future visits to Hong Kong, please feel free to contact us direct on 2@ovologroup.com to allow us to tailor make your visit.