“Very nice”

Ranked #20 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
New York City, New York
“Very nice”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Accommodation was modern and clean. Service was friendly and courteous. Very promising staff all around. Location couldn't be better. And to top it up minibar was free.
We really enjoyed every moment of our stay. Thanks Ovolo.

Helen L, Hotel Manager at Ovolo Central, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Photo-op10001, I greatly appreciate your 5-star review. Thank you. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again. Please let me know if I can assist you with your future bookings.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

good location - it is located in the heart of HK, very convenient to get around.

excellent service - stuffs are very friendly, professional and helpful.

great room - room is clean, comfortable and got everything you need.

Helen L, Hotel Manager at Ovolo Central, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear DeeLondon25, Thank you so much for a 5-star review! I am really glad you enjoyed the hotel location and our sevices. And I am happy we were able to provide "everything you need."
We hope to welcome you back at Ovolo again and again. Thank you!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is my second Ovolo review and they just keep getting better and better.

I stayed in HK for a business trip in May, first staying at the Queens Road Hotel and then at Arbuthnot Road as it was closer to the office and honestly I cannot fault these hotels.

Arbuthnot road has it all. A cool Cafe downstairs, close location to the corporate district and also very close to some cool eateries and bars and of course shopping.

The rooms are super cool and HUGE by Hong Kong standards, and the hotel includes everything. The two big things for me being internet and water...wine and coffee was just a bonus.

The staff are also amazing and very accommodating. I spent most mornings chatting with them over a coffee. They made me feel so at home.

I can't wait to come back, hopefully this time it will be for fun and not work.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Helen L, Hotel Manager at Ovolo Central, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear KO85, Thank you for leaving a 5-star review of Ovolo on tripadvisor. Sounds like you really enjoyed your stay with us. We miss chatting with you in the morning and we can not wait to welcome you back. Please let me know when Hong Kong enters your travel plans so we can assist your booking arrangement.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I had a fantastic stay at Ovolo, short but very sweet! I have never been at a hotel with a free minibar that is fully restocked every day. What a treat, especially for someone who does not have time to think about these small but important details.

The staff was very friendly, the room comfortable and spacious at a location within walking distance to all the major venues (and offices) in Central. I would recommend this hotel to both tourists and business travelers like myself and I am definitely coming going back. Well done!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank John K
Helen L, Hotel Manager at Ovolo Central, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear John K, Thank you for a wonderful review! Yes. We do not want you to think about little things but important things like mini bar, breakfast and wifi. Therefore, they are complimentary. We have made all service inclusive so our guests can relax, stay and indulge in other exciting things. John K, we hope to see you soon and please feel free to contact me directly for assistance with your bookings.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Fabulous place to stay. Rooms excellent, enough space plus the bathroom was gorgeous. The place was very clean and the staff are wonderful. There is free mini bar and happy hour... Love it would certainly stay again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Helen L, Hotel Manager at Ovolo Central, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear JacqChamp, We are delighted to read your 5 star review. Really glad you enjoyed the rooms, bathrooms, free mini bar and happy hour. It gives us plenty of re-assurance that we are looking after our guests just as we should. We would love to welcome you back at Ovolo so please feel free to contact me if I can assist you with your future bookings.

Medford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 June 2014

A well-located, well-furnished, and very pleasant hotel in the heart of Hong Kong Island. Staff are very friendly, and room and amenities are well above average. Breakfast is minimal, but room service is complimentary, if you wish.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank postemsky
Helen L, Hotel Manager at Ovolo Central, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear postemsky, What an excellent review! Thank you Postemsky. I am very happy you were happy with our services and accommodation. We hope to see you again and please feel free to contact me if I can assist you with your future bookings.

Wanaka, New Zealand
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I booked the Ovolo on a friend's recommendation as I had found my usual HK option for work trips was pretty shabby on my last trip. I will definitely stay here again, it was an excellent stop. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful throughout the stay and the whole place was clean and airy.

The rooms were large by HK standards with every touch thought out. My room had a printer which was an unexpected bonus (and a complete godsend), the office deskspace generous and the space overall very well thought out. Excellent, large and comfy bed, rainfall shower, a free mini-bar and a Nespresson machine to boot, all in all an ideal place (and very well situated, near Central station and endless restaurants and bars) for a few days in town. I'll certainly be back.

3 Thank Jo M
Helen L, Hotel Manager at Ovolo Central, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Jo M, Thank you for your in depth review of your stay with us. It was great to see that you enjoyed all of our services and everything was to your satisfaction. Should you require any assistance for future trips to Hong Kong, please feel free to contact me directly. We look forward to welcoming you back at Ovolo!