“Great hotel great location”
Review of Ovolo Central

Ovolo Central
Ranked #19 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
“Great hotel great location”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Yes i stayed in the ovolo 2 hotel for 5 days and i have to say it was a pleasant and enjoyable stay the staff was first class and very helpful rooms where clean and very modern and the bonus was the free mini bar this hotel is well worth a visit

• Stayed July 2014
Helen L, Hotel Manager at Ovolo Central, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Scotland1874, Thank you for leaving a 5-star review of Ovolo on Tripadvisor. Sounds like you really enjoyed your stay with us. Happy that you enjoyed the free mini-bar and that our staff were "first class"too! We hope that you will be able to stay with us again on your next visit to our wonderful city. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Best Regards,
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I was initially hesitant about Ovolo Hotel. My company booked me in and I had not heard of them before. After finding the entrance with my taxi (small narrow building) from the airport my worries then were over! The staff welcomed me with a glass of wine and handled all luggage and enquiry I had quite well. Room had a unique style and overall the hotel offered me plenty as mention in other reviews here. If someone books you into an Ovolo thank them.

Room Tip: Get the breakfast delivered if you dont think there is enough time in morning for buffet
Helen L, Hotel Manager at Ovolo Central, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear jerbarnes19999, Thank you for such a wonderful review! I am delighted that you were pleased with our services and the room. I would like to thank your company for giving us a chance to host such a perfect guest. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We found all the staff very friendly and helpful and they allowed us to have a late 3pm check-out.
The rooms are modern, clean and spacious for Hong Kong. The free mini-bar is fantastic - alcohol, mixers, water, juices, coconut water & chocolate! It was fully restocked every day. We stayed for one week and only noticed the noise on Saturday night but once you shut the bathroom door it wasn't an issue.

Helen L, Hotel Manager at Ovolo Central, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Jo Z, Thank you for staying with us at Ovolo and leaving a 5 star review on Tripadvisor. It was great to see that you enjoyed our services and everything was to your satisfaction. We hope you can stay with us again and again. Please feel free to contact me directly for assistance with future bookings.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Thanks to Ovolo, my stay was very relaxed and comfortable. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. If you have any concerns, they will help you out! Location is very convenient to LKF, and MTR. This is a must stay hotel! All excellent!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Helen L, Hotel Manager at Ovolo Central, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Jonathan L, I am so grateful for your excellent review. Thank you so much Jonathan L. Your review leaves us plenty of re-assurance that we are looking after our guests perfectly. We hope that you will be able to stay with us again on your next visit to Hong Kong. Please feel free to contact me directly for assistance with your booking. Thanks again!

Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I picked this ovolo hotel after reading many reviews online and i think i made a good choice for my first hk visit. Its not a typical building. The rooms arent big but well positioned with the desk, cosy bed and tv occupying the space well. They throw in some nice extta touches like the minibar being free and the loot bag. The front desk staff were good in organizing transport. The only downside for some may be that the hotel is on a hillside (right above restaurants) so walking back can be a workout!

• Stayed June 2014
Helen L, Hotel Manager at Ovolo Central, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Deat tysons1986, Thank you for the 5-star review! I was impressed to see that you noticed the positioning of our guestroom items. We tried to make our rooms as comfortable, simple and effortless as possible and for our guests to notice it means we have done a good job! Please let me know when Hong Kong enters your travel plans so we can host you again and again.

Helen
Edgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I stayed at Ovolo in June. HK was extremely hot and humid but the hotel was welcoming with fully stocked free minibar in the rooms and free refreshments in the lobby 24 hours. The location was very convenient with Lan Kwai Fong only a few step down and Soho within 5 minutes walking distance. Everyone was friendly, upbeat and always offered to help with our lunch and dinner reservations. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Helen L, Hotel Manager at Ovolo Central, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear traveler6516, Thank you so much for your 5-star review of Ovolo. I am glad you enjoyed the free minibar and the refreshments in the lounge. It's all there for you to enjoy and it helps when you are trying to cool down from the hot weather. We hope to see you again soon and please let me know if I can assist with your future bookings.

istanbul
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have stayed numerous hotels as I adore travelling myself. This was the far best hotel experience I have ever had. The friendly staff, all the cute and flashy details made our HK experience even better. All the details obviously are contemplated very carefully. I do not know where to start but free mini-bar, free happy hour/ get-together time, the loot bag, the cartoon movies in the elevators and many many more... everything is so different and unique. We really really enjoyed it and did not want to leave at all. The staff is so willing to help and make the experience better for you. It is a ''can't miss'' of Hong Kong. Thank you very much for making us feel SPECİAL! You are SPECİAL!

Helen L, Hotel Manager at Ovolo Central, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear miraclemiracle, WOW...Thank you for this amazing review! I also do not know where to start but thank you for noticing everything we do and offer. Surely you have put a BIG smile on our face today. Yes, we feel special and I am glad we made you feel special too. Mission accomplished! We really thank you for your kind words and we cannot wait to welcome you back at Ovolo.

All the best,