“Nothing Spectacular!”

Fat Angelo's
Neighbourhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Neighbourhood: Wan Chai / Causeway Bay
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We were at this restaurant (the one at Miden Ave - TST) over the weekend for lunch.
Sorry to say the food + service are simply appalling.
For the price we paid, you could find better food at other food joints like Ruby Tuesday.

We ordered a 'starter sampler':
-it had heavily battered calamari (Yuck!) Felt like eating oil soaked flour!
-deep fried ravioli? Fried wontons taste better!
-Spicy wings? Dry and hard!

The ambience of the restaurant was just terrible. Located right in the basement with dim lightings. Lots of 'ancestors' photos on the walls (looks kinda creepy...had a feeling that someone is eyeing over you all the time)!
Carpet looks like it has never been cleaned.

Very disappointed and definitely not going back!

1  Thank Agape10

Reviewed 29 October 2013

very family friendly.huge portions.excellent staff.eat there 2 out of 4 nights in hong kong. our branch was very adjacent to traders hotel where we were staying.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I loved the family friendly atmosphere. The staff gave my kids balloons, coloring books, crayons, chef hats, and special dining ware. The pizza was tasty, but the 2 pasta dishes we got were minimally good. Maybe its because we were in Hong Kong and Italian really isn't their thing. The prices are a bit high, but you get big family-sharing servings. The complimentary bread and salad was a nice addition. We enjoyed our dinner here.

1  Thank IndianaNurseAngie
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We went back 2 times in 2 weeks.

Once on SUNDAY, with 18 people. Half adults half teens. We had 7 entrees and 5 appetizers.

They were all good.

Service a little slow. Seem like they don't have enough staff. But the staffs are friendly.

$170 per person. Good value.

ON A TUESDAY

I brought my Chinese parents here because they seldom go to Western food restaurants. They think they don't like western food, but they are ok with Spaghetti House.

I felt the set lunch would fit them and the value would please them.

I was right, mom and dad liked it a lot. They felt even a little pampered. The set lunch incl. soup, salad, bread, entree and a drink, all for $68/lunch.

We had seafood risotto, pizza, a hot dog for my son (a lunch set). My daughter and I shared a entree of parmeasan chicken (not a set lunch). We shared everything among everyone.

Every entree was good. No complains.

This time the service was better too, may be because they were busy.

Total for 5 of us was $387.

Reviewed 3 July 2012

Fat Angelo's is situated in the basement at the end of a tiny lane. The place is huge for HK standards and offers free wifi connectivity. The menu is extensive with plenty of options in pizzas and pastas. Order a pizza or a pasta and your entitled to a bread basket and salad, free of cost! Vegetarian options are few, though. The margherita pizza is delicious and the pastas are yum as well. The service is prompt; till the time they get your pizza, relish the breads n salad.