“Dinner with a View”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
“Dinner with a View”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

My husband and I went to the Prince Restaurant awhile ago and were seated with a beautiful display of the Hong Kong skyline. Priceless. The food was also very good.

In reading the recent reviews, it sounds like it has moved, so perhaps this has changed, but our experience was romantic with great food and service.

• Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong, China
“Not a Value for Money Experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

My family had dinner at the Prince Restaurant at 1881 Heritage last night. We are prepared to pay a high price for dining there given that it is situated in tourist district and the restaurant is famous for expensive food. However, we really found the experience disappointing. Although the waiters and waitresses had regularly provided services to us, we found the quality of food not satisfactory considering its price. Moreover, the restaurant do not have seats with good views and the air-conditioning is not comfortably set.

• Visited February 2014
Bangkok
“Boxing day dinner with family of 9”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

It was full on Boxing day evening and better to reserve before hand. Chinese food from 3 regions: Cabtonese, Sechuan & Shanghai. The stewed Garoupa fish in a hot pot (Cantonese) was the high light, chicken in hot sauce (Sechuan), tofu with minced pork (Shanghai, in Chinese call Ma-por-tau-fu) and should finished with fried rice with shrimp which we ordered. The service was attentive. Please notice that there will be 2 pairs of chop-stick, one black the other white. Use the black for getting the food from the dish, place it on yours and use the white for your own consumption. Try it or you may ask for a common spoon if you like. We all enjoyed the evening.

• Visited December 2013
Hong Kong
“Overpriced & Disappointing Services”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Because of a groupon offer at HK$488 for an 8-course hairy crab dinner, we picked this restaurant as it claimed to be Michelin's recommendation back in 2008. Once we sat down, I noticed the normal price for this set dinner was being offered at HK$980. The restaurant was rather empty and we noticed the table next to us were 2 Japanese ladies also having hairy crab dinner. The waiters helped them to dissect the crab but we were not being offered the same services, maybe assuming Chinese should know how to eat crabs. The first course of soup was ok and the size of the 5-tael hairy crabs were slightly bigger than the ones served at Cuisine Cuisine at the Mira which were supposed to be 5 taels as well.

As my mother gave all the crab legs to my brother, it took him quite a while to finish each of them. While we were waiting for him to finish, the 3rd course of abalone and mushroom were being served already. I then told the waiter to stop serving the next course as the dishes would turn cold for my brother. Very soon, the 4th course of fried pigeons were being laid on our table and we had not even finished with the abalone. I started to complain and they slowed down serving the next vegetable dish. The vegetables were very old and chewy which I did not finish. We were then being served the ginger fried rice and I checked what happened to our crab roe siu long bao (dumpling) which was supposed to be the 6th course. Later on I realized the dumplings for all the tables were being steamed and served together, irrespective of the sequence of the menu. Inside the dumplings, I did not seem to find any traces of crab roe. The ginger rice was also a disappointment. Given the high original price of the food and the service standard, the restaurant was a big disappointment.

• Visited November 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Best yum cha/ dim sum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

We visited this restaurant when it was at one peking and loved the view, and quality and range of dim sum, so we returned in 2013 at it's new location in 1881 heritage. The views aren't as stunning but the food and service is just as good. It's not 'cheap' but it's great quality, setting and service.
Also, my fiance proposed to me here which was amazing - and the staff were very helpful for him preparing the surprise without my knowing. So we will always remember it fondly, but we really enjoy the fabulous food too!
We recommend the xiao long bao, crystal dumpling, truffle rice, and Zhaliang (i think that's what it's called - rice noodle around fried dough/filling).

• Visited July 2013